..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-28-2014, 07:32 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]But the idle timer shuts off bluetooth. Turning off bluetooth mode, you've already done so you've already "stopped the connection" this way.

If you are plugged, why would you still need to be on bluetooth when the cord is providing the connection for wired mode? And why would the bluetooth off user hotkey need to be available when you are plugged in? And if you have a charging station, how could the user possibly play on bluetooth while the controller is still sitting on the charging station? J2K said ppl would hate that the bluetooth is off when you disconnect from wired mode, but wouldn't that make bluetooth automatically come on when you're not plugged in if he made it where it would turn on when automatically when unplugged? Currently bluetooth is already off when you aren't charging anymore so I don't understand.

Maybe you think I'm saying something else? Repeat to me in your own words what you think I'm saying about this so that we can make sure we're talking about the same thing (pwetty pweease).

I dont know what you are asking for, but as I said I am able to switch between BT and USB mode by pressing PS+options with no need to start and stop the app, as for making the BT turn off automatically when on USB all I can say is why? the controller still charges and you can still play so I don't see the purpose to add development time to a feature that doesn't really serve any purpose, and may in fact be annoying because as it stands I can quickly plug my controller into the computer while in mid game with 0 downtime whereas if BT dropped there would be a few seconds wile the program cycles.

And you cannot force the controller to send a pairing request when you unplug so thats not even possible anyway.
This tool is amazing, thank you for it.

I recently switched to Windows 8.1 and I have an issue.

Playing Watch_Dogs or Wolfenstein: The New Order, it'll play fine for about 30 minutes, and then the analog sticks have a really weird latency issue. It won't use my inputs for several seconds after using them. It's temporarily solved by turning off the controller, and turning it back on, but I had absolutely no issues under Windows 7.

Is this a known issue with a fix?
(05-28-2014, 07:40 PM)themastodan Wrote: [ -> ]This tool is amazing, thank you for it.

I recently switched to Windows 8.1 and I have an issue.

Playing Watch_Dogs or Wolfenstein: The New Order, it'll play fine for about 30 minutes, and then the analog sticks have a really weird latency issue. It won't use my inputs for several seconds after using them. It's temporarily solved by turning off the controller, and turning it back on, but I had absolutely no issues under Windows 7.

Is this a known issue with a fix?

Its not a known issue, I currently have win 8.1 and have been playing watchdogs last 2 days without issue, can you try another version of the tool?
(05-28-2014, 07:32 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]But the idle timer shuts off bluetooth. Turning off bluetooth mode, you've already done so you've already "stopped the connection" this way.

If you are plugged, why would you still need to be on bluetooth when the cord is providing the connection for wired mode? And why would the bluetooth off user hotkey need to be available when you are plugged in? And if you have a charging station, how could the user possibly play on bluetooth while the controller is still sitting on the charging station? J2K said ppl would hate that the bluetooth is off when you disconnect from wired mode, but wouldn't that make bluetooth automatically come on when you're not plugged in if he made it where it would turn on when automatically when unplugged? Currently bluetooth is already off when you aren't charging anymore so I don't understand.

Maybe you think I'm saying something else? Repeat to me in your own words what you think I'm saying about this so that we can make sure we're talking about the same thing (pwetty pweease).

"The thing is I don't see a reason to turn off bluetooth even when wired. I'm just using myself as an example which is kind of not fair, but I don't have the light flash when connecting from BT to BT and USB. Doing this there might be another user who complains about that. I'm saying that someone may be upset about turning off BT and having to turn it back on, I know it's a small issue to complain about, but so it goes. "

I don't have the light flash either when connecting from bluetooth, thank wasn't the problem. I think you think I'm talking about something else. Also, repeat what you think I said too so that I can see if we are talking about the same thing.

Starting with the part in bold, without bluetooth that's impossible, 1) only bluetooth pairing can be started by the controller itself 2) I cannot predict when the controller is unplugged, and once unplugged I, there's no way to communicate to the controller

I'm simply handling the controller as a PS4 would. The PS3 worked as when the DS3 was connected it would turn off BT since once it was unplugged, it would start searching on it's own. But for the PS4, when the DS4 is charging, BT is still on, the usb only provides a charge but doesn't send input back and forth. As I said I could make the controller disconnect from BT when stopping if charging.
(05-28-2014, 07:42 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Its not a known issue, I currently have win 8.1 and have been playing watchdogs last 2 days without issue, can you try another version of the tool?

Sure. I saw in your other thread that yours is mostly focused on UI stuff, which looks great by the way.

I just set up Jay2Kings version, I'm going to try that. I hope one of them works.
(05-28-2014, 07:45 PM)themastodan Wrote: [ -> ]Sure. I saw in your other thread that yours is mostly focused on UI stuff, which looks great by the way.

I just set up Jay2Kings version, I'm going to try that. I hope one of them works.

If its a recent ver of J2Ks thats giving issues all I can think of is he was working on some deadzone options for the sticks that may have a memory leak or something, otherwise its hard to think what could cause that. My versions is forked from one of J2Ks early ones which was forked from electrobrains which was forked from iinexSTER. so let us know if any have an effect, also try KB/Mouse with controller off ans see if there is any lag to make sure its not a game bug
@Jheb: Aight, so it seems that we aren't talking about the same thing.

Currently:

1. Turn bluetooth mode on for the controller.

2. Now plug it up with the wire right afterward.

3a. It still reads that you are in bluetooth mode even when the wire is in but... <---Problem #1
3b. Bluetooth idle timeout cannot timeout now because the program thinks you are in wired mode which is how it's supposed to work.
3c. At the same time, the plugged in light idle time out thinks that the controller is in wired mode too because it only shuts down the light now which is how it's supposed to work. But it is still reading that bluetooth is on in the window.
3d. Holding bluetooth button to try to turn off bluetooth won't work because it too thinks you are in wired mode now, which is how it is supposed to work.

4a. Pressing the PSButton + Options Button (hotkey for bluetooth off) is still able to be pressed at this time. <----problem #2***
4b. Press that hotkey now. Controller will be disconnected. If you were charging, rainbow stays on. If already full, it's fine (light off).
4c. At this time, press psbutton. Bluetooth doesn't come back on. Controller doesn't work for plugged in mode either. <----problem #3***

So all I was saying was to :

1. disable the ability for the user to press the bluetooth off hotkey if you were in bluetooth mode and plugged in at the same time to prevent the problems in step #4.

2. fix the window from saying that it is on bluetooth mode when everything else points to it using wired mode (step #3a)

Basically, it does change to wired mode when you have bluetooth on and then plug it in but the window isn't saying so and bt off hotkey isn't being told to not happen under this circumstance.
(05-28-2014, 07:51 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]If its a recent ver of J2Ks thats giving issues all I can think of is he was working on some deadzone options for the sticks that may have a memory leak or something, otherwise its hard to think what could cause that. My versions is forked from one of J2Ks early ones which was forked from electrobrains which was forked from iinexSTER. so let us know if any have an effect, also try KB/Mouse with controller off ans see if there is any lag to make sure its not a game bug

I was actually using the latest version of electrobrains.

I just had the same problem as before with J2K.
(05-28-2014, 08:22 PM)themastodan Wrote: [ -> ]I was actually using the latest version of electrobrains.

I just had the same problem as before with J2K.

Then i'm going to take a leap and say the issue lies in something other than the DS4 app because I'm not nor have I ever had this issue, Have you tried kb/mouse yet?
(05-28-2014, 08:29 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]Then i'm going to take a leap and say the issue lies in something other than the DS4 app because I'm not nor have I ever had this issue, Have you tried kb/mouse yet?

I was really hoping it wasn't W8, but I'm worried it might be somehow. I didn't have these issues on W7, but I had also never played either of these games on it.