..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright I figured out what happened, the way I implemented profile switching with the controller broke the default light and I think the quick unplug/plug. I just unplugged/and plugged it in again in the span of 0.2 seconds and it worked out so think that's fixed too.

So here comes Version 9.2 (update is live)
  • Context menu for profile list, assign profiles from there and more with a right click
  • Can now import by dragging profiles(.xml's) directly into DS4Windows
  • Added back default light color when stopping/closing
  • Escape or Enter can now close the help window
  • small optimizations
After trying to test, I can no longer pair the ds4 with the microsoft bluetooth stack even after uninstalling and reinstalling the ds4tool, scp driver, or bluetooth stack. Where do I go to purge all remnants of the bluetooth driver(s) previously installed?

When shutting down windows when the controller is plugged, can you make it so that all lights are forced off (like when you unplug the cord)?

And to elaborate on the startup os while plugged, it actually turns on if you wait for about 10 to 20 minutes (if that would help to pinpoint that particular issue to make it come on immediately).
(06-02-2014, 06:55 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]After trying to test, I can no longer pair the ds4 with the microsoft bluetooth stack even after uninstalling and reinstalling the ds4tool, scp driver, or bluetooth stack. Where do I go to purge all remnants of the bluetooth driver(s) previously installed?

When shutting down windows when the controller is plugged, can you make it so that all lights are forced off (like when you unplug the cord)?

And to elaborate on the startup os while plugged, it actually turns on if you wait for about 10 to 20 minutes (if that would help to pinpoint that particular issue to make it come on immediately).

That's weird, I take it all versions are doing it by the sound of it. When you uninstall the driver, you can check the uninstall software option, it might not help but it's worth a shot.

And actually I can do that I think, I'll try it out and see.

Also it sounds like Windows is still starting up to load the driver, however I'll try it myself tomorrow.
Just a slight concern, but the Updater.exe in 9.2 was flagged by AVG as a virus. I know it's probably a false positive, but it's the only version that's done that so far. Other than that, 9.2 works perfectly for me.
Is there a way to make the lightbar turn on when the battery gets very low? I've heard it affects battery life so I'd like to play with it off but then also have an indicator outside of the DS4Windows program to know how much battery I've got left.
(06-02-2014, 09:55 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Just a slight concern, but the Updater.exe in 9.2 was flagged by AVG as a virus. I know it's probably a false positive, but it's the only version that's done that so far. Other than that, 9.2 works perfectly for me.

I call avg a PoS but that's just my opinion. anyway the only difference between the old updater and the new one is that if DS4Windows is running and you close it, the tool pauses for second. The older version just closed it and tried to keep going, which would cause the updater to crash as ds4windows didn't get enough time to finish closing.

(06-02-2014, 02:03 PM)realghostvids Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to make the lightbar turn on when the battery gets very low? I've heard it affects battery life so I'd like to play with it off but then also have an indicator outside of the DS4Windows program to know how much battery I've got left.

As of right now no, you can make it flash when low, but think about it, if the light went off early, you might think the controller went off and you wouldn't know when the controller actually died. You can also use the battery level color to dim the light as the battery dies too.
Also new Version 9.3 is live:
  • Option to change what happens to the lightbar when charging: options are normal, fade in and out, rainbow, and its own color
  • Settings for saving,renaming, and cancelling the save of a profile while in profile settings moved into the toolbar
  • Switch profiles now by a 2 finger swipe left or right on touchpad
  • When shutting down your pc, the controller light turns fully off

EDIT: Version 9.32 has fixes for switching profiles with the touchpad and the profile text for making new profiles. If you have 9.3 or below, you can just check for the update in the hotkeys/about window.
What's the best driver to use with a DS4? There's a couple. I don't even know the differences between them all. I just want something that's simple to set up and run and won't give me any issues.

Haven't bought a DS4 yet as I want to have everything sorted beforehand.
(06-02-2014, 08:08 PM)plath Wrote: [ -> ]What's the best driver to use with a DS4? There's a couple. I don't even know the differences between them all. I just want something that's simple to set up and run and won't give me any issues.

Haven't bought a DS4 yet as I want to have everything sorted beforehand.

My version and jheb's shows the driver you need at startup then downloads it and installs it.

I recommend just trying the DS4 on it's own before installing the driver ahead of time, but it shouldn't matter.

You can d/l my tool about your post to get the driver or just get it here: https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BwPaAe9...kJ6OXpMUlU
Holy crap, 9.3 is great. Laugh I love the choices of what to do while the controller charges.

A little off-topic, but is there a free anti-virus program you recommend over AVG? I've never had any issues with it, but I'm always open to better alternatives.