..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-15-2014, 01:13 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Woops, turns out that zip had the older version in it, I reuploaded a newer zip in update post to actually have version 10.4, also pedro, does the updater not make put a new ds4windows.exe in there?

It doesn't make a new one for me, no. Even if there's no update available, the updater says there is, a text file called "version" briefly appears, and then everything ends and I'm left with just the updater program. I have to re-unzip the download from here to get everything back.
(06-15-2014, 02:48 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]1. With this macro method, I can't add buttons that I don't have on my mouse. I don't have a 5th button on my mouse but I would like to still be able to map it to a macro. Also, if I add a key via macro to a button, I can't use that button anymore (aka, can't map 360 buttons to the macro alongside keyboard/mouse keys. Only keyboard and mouse keys). On previous version, I could map a key to a button and the button would still work as an xbox button (example: map (A) button + 5th mouse button to the same button on the gamepad allowing both to be pressed at once).

2. Anyway to suppress the Event 2, Hidbth eventviewer system warning? It comes on when you disable bluetooth via the controller. It's not a real error to be worried about but it would be nice if those wouldn't pop up everytime the controller disables bluetooth. Maybe you can tell the program to tell windows to ignore writing those entries or make it display as an info even instead of a warning event or something?

3. When on the edit profile screen, turning bluetooth on and it being in connecting mode will bring up the keyboard when you don't want it to (disable use ds4 to map when in connecting mode)

Startup issue is fixed.

jheb already covered 2, however I don't get that error, could be my adapter, but not sure.

As for 1 and 3, I'll add a way to add other actions to macros, and look into number 3

(06-15-2014, 04:13 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]It doesn't make a new one for me, no. Even if there's no update available, the updater says there is, a text file called "version" briefly appears, and then everything ends and I'm left with just the updater program. I have to re-unzip the download from here to get everything back.

That's weird, I'll see why that is.
(06-15-2014, 04:22 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]jheb already covered 2, however I don't get that error, could be my adapter, but not sure.

As for 1 and 3, I'll add a way to add other actions to macros, and look into number 3

Its just covered in a try catch so it doesn't actually throw an error, but windows records all thrown exceptions weather or not they are enclosed and handled. If you re enable all excpetions in VS you will se it again and its a pain because it will throw every time u disable a controller.
(06-15-2014, 03:13 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Okay, gotcha. I always thought that they were no big deal because I get intel speedstep warnings too and ppl were saying to not worry about it. So I guess it's a similar thing that goes along with intel like you've explained here too huh?

Similar in that they don't matter, but the error thrown on BT disconnect isnt Intel or any type of hardware specific, its just the way the code was written and every platform and every known fork currently suffers from it as the core BT methods have remained largely un touched since the first port from DS3 to DS4.
I just noticed something else: I think your descriptions for "Toggle" and "Scan Code" are switched in the hotkeys menu.
I was wondering if you giuys could add pressing X to accept update and O to cancel update for people like me who use big picture mode. not essential but it would help me as i log straight into big picture and then the updater pops up.
(06-15-2014, 08:29 PM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if you giuys could add pressing X to accept update and O to cancel update for people like me who use big picture mode. not essential but it would help me as i log straight into big picture and then the updater pops up.

You should be able to use the mouse support on the touchpad to click it
(06-15-2014, 08:29 PM)wahgah Wrote: [ -> ]I was wondering if you giuys could add pressing X to accept update and O to cancel update for people like me who use big picture mode. not essential but it would help me as i log straight into big picture and then the updater pops up.

and fyi, you can create a shortcut and add -silent -start steam://open/bigpicture

to suppress dialogs.
Jhebbel, after installing your update, the program is insanely slow, and Ivam unable to edit a profile, or see the controller within the program. Is it a problem with your latest update?
(06-16-2014, 03:35 AM)bkrieger Wrote: [ -> ]Jhebbel, after installing your update, the program is insanely slow, and Ivam unable to edit a profile, or see the controller within the program. Is it a problem with your latest update?

From what version to what version? What does your performance monitor show?