..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
To version 1.4.10

Under controllers, it does not display any controllers. When I click edit profile, nothing happens.
Version 10.45, update live
  • UI redesign for 360 controls in mapping window
  • Added manual mouse click buttons for 4th and 5th mouse button
  • Can also hold an X360 action while a macro is running
  • Changelog link in help window, also fixes in tips
  • Macro list scrolls down as you record strokes
  • DS4Updater: If settings are in appdata, the update zip actually unzips, this should fix your issue pedro
Before the popup macros window addition, when setting a key to a button and the screensaver (or other power management option) was on, you could press the controller button and it would knock the screensaver off. Now, it doesn't. 360 buttons while mapped with a keyboard key still works in games to do game movements, but it doesn't work anymore to keep the screensaver away when you are using the controller. Pressing that same keyboard key physically though will turn the screensaver off.
(06-16-2014, 05:33 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Before the popup macros window addition, when setting a key to a button and the screensaver (or other power management option) was on, you could press the controller button and it would knock the screensaver off. Now, it doesn't. 360 buttons while mapped with a keyboard key still works in games to do game movements, but it doesn't work anymore to keep the screensaver away when you are using the controller. Pressing that same keyboard key physically though will turn the screensaver off.

On windows lock screen/sleep it doesn't work, but that's fair b/c that's how the those modes is suppose to work, but on a screensaver, I can use the controller just fine to quit out of the screensaver, just by moving the touchpad or pressing a button assigned to a key. When you take off the screensaver, does the lock screen show up or is resumes your login session?
The lock screen doesn't show up after the screensaver. It shows up after waking from sleep mode though. Yes, I know that it's not supposed to affect those particular power management modes. Just the screensaver and screen dimming and the rest that doesn't kick you from the desktop. This process use to work before the new pop up macro interface. When playing a game, I as a user do not want to keep moving the mouse with the touchpad to keep the screensaver from coming on (interrupts gameplay). Nor do I want to turn screensaver off because I would want all those features to kick in when I'm not using the computer to save energy. Turning it off when I want to play a game and then turning it back on afterwards is tedious. Maybe you changed macro attributes? Before, it acted as if the user was physically touching the keyboard keys. Now it's like it is 'simulated' and doesn't do the things like physically pressing the keyboard does (such as keeping the computer awake). KnowhatImean.
(06-16-2014, 06:49 AM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]The lock screen doesn't show up after the screensaver. It shows up after waking from sleep mode though. Yes, I know that it's not supposed to affect those particular power management modes. Just the screensaver and screen dimming and the rest that doesn't kick you from the desktop. This process use to work before the new pop up macro interface. When playing a game, I as a user do not want to keep moving the mouse with the touchpad to keep the screensaver from coming on (interrupts gameplay). Nor do I want to turn screensaver off because I would want all those features to kick in when I'm not using the computer to save energy. Turning it off when I want to play a game and then turning it back on afterwards is tedious. Maybe you changed macro attributes? Before, it acted as if the user was physically touching the keyboard keys. Now it's like it is 'simulated' and doesn't do the things like physically pressing the keyboard does (such as keeping the computer awake). KnowhatImean.

Turns out I was only trying to wake a screensaver from the preview, that worked, but the actual screensaver can't but turned off with the controller, however I've tried previous versions of DS4Windows, ever other devs DS4 tools, none of them can wake up the screensaver, regardless of buttons being set to keys, x360 controls, or mouse clicks or movement. .NET simply can't wake up a screensaver with keyboard and mouse events, and I'm not seeing a way to wake up a screensaver either.

However, all of the tools keep the PC awake, regardless of it's assigned to the mouse, a macro, a key, or even just a X360 control. All of them keep the PC awake so I don't see what you mean, the way macros work hasn't changed, the same way keys have been pressed since custom mapping was introduced in inHEX's, it hasn't changed here.

You're free to try an older version and tell me that it wakes a screensaver, but I had no avail, this was the version right before recording macros.
Video showing .361 ridding the screensaver as if you actually pressed a key on the keyboard (excuse my tiredness and bad phone quality):

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JogFnDk_9SU[/video]

Buttons still functioned as 360 buttons when in game even though it isn't shown. Yes, they keep the computer awake on button press. Didn't know that it did because I don't remember it being mentioned. Was only focused on it ridding the ssaver and just assumed it didn't keep the screen alive on button press. It doesn't rid the ssaver like .361 though.

When would one get this during playing a game; say you are watching a cinematic scene and pressing a button would skip it. So you watch it until it is over and the game doesn't have auto awake made into it. So the screensaver comes on when you are almost done watching the cutscene.
Excellent, thanks for fixing the updater. Laugh
(06-16-2014, 08:39 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Video showing .361 ridding the screensaver as if you actually pressed a key on the keyboard (excuse my tiredness and bad phone quality):

[video=youtube]www.youtube.com/watch?v=JogFnDk_9SU[/video]

Buttons still functioned as 360 buttons when in game even though it isn't shown. Yes, they keep the computer awake on button press. Didn't know that it did because I don't remember it being mentioned. Was only focused on it ridding the ssaver and just assumed it didn't keep the screen alive on button press. It doesn't rid the ssaver like .361 though.

When would one get this during playing a game; say you are watching a cinematic scene and pressing a button would skip it. So you watch it until it is over and the game doesn't have auto awake made into it. So the screensaver comes on when you are almost done watching the cutscene.

I had to try on a windows 7 machine, because on Windows 8, nothing the controller is programmed to can wake it out of the screensaver. Yes in 10.361, the macro does wake up the the screen saver, and in 10.45 it doesn't. I'm not sure what in .361 made it wake up the screensaver, but how it worked then I can't revert thanks to how macros work now. Also clicking the touchpad/moving/tapping the touchpad seems to wake up the screensaver as well (at least on Windows 7), why not just use that for now?

(06-17-2014, 12:47 AM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]Excellent, thanks for fixing the updater. :D

Glad to hear it's all good now.
Okay.