..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows -- yet another DualShock 4 driver! (No longer under active development)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(06-22-2014, 07:03 AM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]Assassins Creed 3/4 running speed is an issue. These two games do not properly detect when the left analog stick is at max tilt. The result is an inability to run at max speed. Additionally I had issues with AC3 lockpicking which is related to the trigger, i believe it too is not being detected as fully pressed. The run speed maxes out like normal if I disable the ds4tool and use the default wireless controller over the 360, but for ac3 this means the controller mappings are all screwed up (not a problem with ac4). tested wired and wireless, ac2 seems fine, running win8.1, using j2k's 1.5-1.55 during testing.
In the controller properties of windows does it show that you are getting maximum throw there?
(06-22-2014, 01:21 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]In the controller properties of windows does it show that you are getting maximum throw there?

first i checked the control panel and noticed the trigger axis, the Z axis on the 360 ranges from 14k-64k* raw data input. the control stick was up to 64k*. re-calibrated both independently. ds4tool on exclusive alternating off completely. no change
reinstalled the driver, no change. uninstalled driver, rebooted, verified uninstalled, reinstalled. no change.
i am able to confirm for those that assume i don't know how to play that the ps4 controller (Wireless Controller in CP with ds4tools off to be clear what i mean there as well) only has one button wrongly bound in AC4 (AC3 is very screwed up however). additionally i do play this at a friends house on a ps3 controller, and i did play ac3 on a ps3.

so any advice at this point?

*64k assumed to acually be 65536
(06-22-2014, 03:25 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]first i checked the control panel and noticed the trigger axis, the Z axis on the 360 ranges from 14k-64k* raw data input. the control stick was up to 64k*. re-calibrated both independently. ds4tool on exclusive alternating off completely. no change
reinstalled the driver, no change. uninstalled driver, rebooted, verified uninstalled, reinstalled. no change.
i am able to confirm for those that assume i don't know how to play that the ps4 controller only has one button wrongly bound in AC4 (AC3 is very screwed up however). additionally i do play this at a friends house on a ps3 controller, and i did play ac3 on a ps3.

so any advice at this point?

*64k assumed to acually be 65536

can you run the XInput test to confirm you are getting maximum throw, additionally there should be NO mapping issues between AC3 and AC4 as both have native support for x360, if you have mismappings its likely because you have the "Hide DS4" option unchecked when the game likely requires it checked.
(06-22-2014, 03:32 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]can you run the XInput test to confirm you are getting maximum throw, additionally there should be NO mapping issues between AC3 and AC4 as both have native support for x360, if you have mismappings its likely because you have the "Hide DS4" option unchecked when the game likely requires it checked.

According to the Xinput Test I am only getting to 140 on the right trigger. nothing wrong with the left analog stick, right only gets to -31k to +31k on horizontal axis.

so what now?
(06-22-2014, 03:47 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]According to the Xinput Test I am only getting to 140 on the right analog stick. nothing wrong with the left analog stick, right only gets to -31k to +31k on horizontal axis.

so what now?

hmm, does it seem to behave normally as a normal DS4 controller in games that support DS4 controllers? if so then Id look to see if there are any sensitivity or deadzone options in J2Ks tool, i'm unfamiliar with his newer releases so Im not sure where or if they exist. If both are no then it sounds more like a hardware issue, POT failing or something.
(06-22-2014, 03:52 PM)jhebbel Wrote: [ -> ]hmm, does it seem to behave normally as a normal DS4 controller in games that support DS4 controllers? if so then Id look to see if there are any sensitivity or deadzone options in J2Ks tool, i'm unfamiliar with his newer releases so Im not sure where or if they exist. If both are no then it sounds more like a hardware issue, POT failing or something.

sorry, 140 on the right trigger i meant. and yes it functions normally in other games
(06-22-2014, 03:56 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]sorry, 140 on the right trigger i meant. and yes it functions normally in other games

the trigger is a byte so it should read 0-255, if the controller functions normally as a DS4 controller with no DS4Windows tool then it sounds to me like a legitimate bug that im sure J2K will look into
out of curiosity could xinput test data be used to calibrate the xbox controller? this tool doesn't just hand off the controller data it does some math to transform the numbers to be identical to what the xbox expects, or am I wrong about that? or does the xinput test only read the 360? ... i actually didnt check
(06-22-2014, 04:11 PM)Drossious Wrote: [ -> ]out of curiosity could xinput test data be used to calibrate the xbox controller? this tool doesn't just hand off the controller data it does some math to transform the numbers to be identical to what the xbox expects, or am I wrong about that? or does the xinput test only read the 360? ... i actually didnt check

xinput test only ready 360 controllers weather real physical ones or virtual ones like the tool creates, Windows has a built in calibration under its controller's configuration that may get it working again.
It's possible to use DS4Windows/DS4 and Xbox one gamepad (with official Microsoft driver) simulanously ?

To have two gamepads ?