..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-02-2011, 03:11 AM)Epzaos Wrote: [ -> ]Anyone know the codes for getting the Final Aeon and the Omega Weapon as a summon?

You can find the codes here:
http://www.codemasters-project.net/vb/index.php
Can you provide the source code for FFXED? Thanks in advance.
(07-18-2011, 08:59 PM)tokenize Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide the source code for FFXED? Thanks in advance.

I could give you part of the source code. What do you want it for?

hey sry to anoy but the FFX save points u gave the link wont work for me idk why =(

is there somewhere else i can find the story point save cords?

thanks

nvm found it =)
(07-19-2011, 05:08 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]I could give you part of the source code. What do you want it for?

I would like to see how you read the save game file and I'm curious in general on how you made this, as a software developer. I searched around your sourcefourge page, but the svn is empty. If you make a page on sourceforge why not make the source code available there?

(07-20-2011, 11:09 AM)tokenize Wrote: [ -> ]I would like to see how you read the save game file and I'm curious in general on how you made this, as a software developer. I searched around your sourcefourge page, but the svn is empty. If you make a page on sourceforge why not make the source code available there?

The code is really long and undocumented; it will be easier for you to understand if I just explain how FFXED works. For raw save files, the entire file is simply read into an array of bytes, which can be modified and then saved back to a file.

For PSU saves, the raw save has to be extracted from the file and then inserted back after editing is complete. But it is easy because the raw save within the PSU save is just one contiguous chunk of uncompressed, unencrypted data.

PSU file format

(07-21-2011, 07:13 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]The code is really long and undocumented; it will be easier for you to understand if I just explain how FFXED works. For raw save files, the entire file is simply read into an array of bytes, which can be modified and then saved back to a file.

For PSU saves, the raw save has to be extracted from the file and then inserted back after editing is complete. But it is easy because the raw save within the PSU save is just one contiguous chunk of uncompressed, unencrypted data.

PSU file format

Yeah, but how do you know the structure of the array of bytes? For example, how do you know which part of the array corresponds to the amount of gil you have, etc? I'm just curious.

I still would like to see the source code, unless you aren't comfortable in sharing it, which I understand.

Hey millipede of fuzzyness, is there anyway i can edit my savestate using your glorious editor and then put it on my ps2 memory card via usb and play it on my ps2?...
Mymc isn't compatible with mac, any solution?