..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Correction to the above post: It's any time he makes a normal attack. Special attacks work perfectly fine, but if Tidus attacks (or counter attacks) with the Buster Sword, the game freezes.
These weapons are known to cause crashes when normal attacking, nothing you can do about it.
hrm, alright, looks like I'll just use a codebreaker to replace the "Evade and Counter" ability on the Buster Sword and rely on using Delay Attack. Pity I can't even use the Jecht Blade though, its appearances crashes the game.
(10-22-2011, 08:48 PM)Desril Wrote: [ -> ]Pity I can't even use the Jecht Blade though, its appearances crashes the game.

You have to equip Jecht Sword as a shield.

First off sorry this is so long of a post.

I downloaded your program and it started the app fine but when I go to open my game save it doesn't show up even though I know it is there because the computer and the PS system see's the files that are there. It is just that the program is not seeing the file for some reason. I know that the answer is probably somewhere ether here or in one of the other forums that I have seen about this app, but my connection is not only slower than normal today but iffy even staying connected at all so I really don't want to spend days searching for an answer that might not even be there at all.

The file extension is a psv file. I can see about uploading a old save file somewhere if it is needed to get the program to work with the file. It is the US version of FFX that I am playing. Any help will be greatly appreciated.
The program support only PSU format and opening the save itself(the file without extension inside the save folder)

The PSV format is PS3 save format which FFXED don't support.You need the program called PSV Explorer to extract the save and create a save and create a psu save format
(11-09-2011, 07:33 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]The program support only PSU format and opening the save itself(the file without extension inside the save folder)

The PSV format is PS3 save format which FFXED don't support.You need the program called PSV Explorer to extract the save and create a save and create a psu save format

Thanks, I DLed the files and followed the steps and then found out 1 I must have did something wrong because I got at error when I tried to open the psu file. But it did open the file that I extracted from the psv file and the stats l looked out are correct with what I have on the PS3 screen so it looks as if I could have skipped 2 of the programs and just used the PSV explorer alone. I'll let you know if it works in reverse or not. Again Thanks.
You need the PSV Explorer to extract the save and one of the other two programs to create the save.

If you use PS2 Save Builder to create the save,you won't be able to open the save with FFXED because PS2 Save Builder don't support saving as psu but you can save as any of the mymc supported formats,import the save and then export it to psu.
You can also edit the save itself before creating a mymc supported save format.

PS2 Save Converter don't support many formats but it support saving as psu.
It doesn't matter which program you will use but the process of editing the save with FFXED and importing it after that into pcsx2 memory card is just different
Any idea on how to convert it back to a PSV file after I am done editing the file with FFXED since I am playing these on the PS3?
As far as I know,there is no program(not that my PS3 knowledge is something special Tongue2 )that can do that but you can do it if you have backward compatible PS3,flash drive(one that the PS3 can recognize),Swap Magic and uLaunchELF

Read this