..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-21-2011, 11:16 PM)tokenize Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, but how do you know the structure of the array of bytes? For example, how do you know which part of the array corresponds to the amount of gil you have, etc? I'm just curious.

I still would like to see the source code, unless you aren't comfortable in sharing it, which I understand.

The addresses of various things in the save file are static. For instance, the player's gil can always be found at 0x3D88.

(07-23-2011, 02:47 AM)jigsizzle Wrote: [ -> ]Hey millipede of fuzzyness, is there anyway i can edit my savestate using your glorious editor and then put it on my ps2 memory card via usb and play it on my ps2?...

Yes, you need something like uLaunchElf, AR-MAX, or Codebreaker.

(07-23-2011, 04:26 PM)Sigma-final Wrote: [ -> ]Mymc isn't compatible with mac, any solution?

Copy your memory card file to a Windows machine and edit it there.

(07-23-2011, 10:39 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]The addresses of various things in the save file are static. For instance, the player's gil can always be found at 0x3D88.

Yes, you need something like uLaunchElf, AR-MAX, or Codebreaker.

Copy your memory card file to a Windows machine and edit it there.

i figured it out, i read your tutorial from another website and it worked out perfectly...you can probably only use "aeon immunities" in tha pal version huh?, same with ribbon?, and using 99999 needles, earthquake and whatnot?...
(07-24-2011, 03:37 AM)jigsizzle Wrote: [ -> ]i figured it out, i read your tutorial from another website and it worked out perfectly...you can probably only use "aeon immunities" in tha pal version huh?, same with ribbon?, and using 99999 needles, earthquake and whatnot?...

Actually, the only one of those you can't use in all versions is Ribbon.
(07-24-2011, 07:31 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]Actually, the only one of those you can't use in all versions is Ribbon.

ok, i just gotta figure out how to use em, i like your program and understand a lot, but i ran into a problem, i read all 34 pages and no one had this problem, when i used the editor to edit, well, anything, and get to tha sphere grid tutorial with rikku, as soon as the tutorial uses tha ability sphere to activate cheer, my game hangs, to no return...help me out milipede of pure fuzzyness.hehe..
[edit] nevermind.. answered my own question
Hi Fuzzy,

Everything is working as it should, mymc, importing into FFXED, unit i attempt to select one of the options, all i get on the pop up screen is a blank page. i have attached a screenshot, but then again, there is very little to see. I got java and all that installed, any ideas if its the app or something with my computer? i have read through the thread but didnt see anything related to this issue, your assistance would be much appreciated.
(07-24-2011, 07:37 AM)jigsizzle Wrote: [ -> ]ok, i just gotta figure out how to use em, i like your program and understand a lot, but i ran into a problem, i read all 34 pages and no one had this problem, when i used the editor to edit, well, anything, and get to tha sphere grid tutorial with rikku, as soon as the tutorial uses tha ability sphere to activate cheer, my game hangs, to no return...help me out milipede of pure fuzzyness.hehe..

You could try using a different save file or modifying your current file so it is past that part of the game. Here are some game coordinates you can use.

(07-28-2011, 06:25 PM)PowWow Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Fuzzy,

Everything is working as it should, mymc, importing into FFXED, unit i attempt to select one of the options, all i get on the pop up screen is a blank page. i have attached a screenshot, but then again, there is very little to see. I got java and all that installed, any ideas if its the app or something with my computer? i have read through the thread but didnt see anything related to this issue, your assistance would be much appreciated.

Well, there is definitely something wrong there. I doubt that it is a problem with FFXED because nobody else seems to have that issue, so it is probably something with the configuration of your computer that is causing FFXED not to work correctly. Try running FFXED on a different computer and see if the problem goes away. Since I do not know your configuration I have no way to reproduce the problem or know what it is.

However, there is one other possibility. There may be something in your save file that causes FFXED to crash when it opens that menu. Post the save file you are editing as an attachment to your next post and I can test it.
(07-29-2011, 02:53 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]Well, there is definitely something wrong there. I doubt that it is a problem with FFXED because nobody else seems to have that issue, so it is probably something with the configuration of your computer that is causing FFXED not to work correctly. Try running FFXED on a different computer and see if the problem goes away. Since I do not know your configuration I have no way to reproduce the problem or know what it is.

However, there is one other possibility. There may be something in your save file that causes FFXED to crash when it opens that menu. Post the save file you are editing as an attachment to your next post and I can test it.

Hi Fuzzy,

I got it working, i just did a fresh install of Java. My old Java client was corrupted so thats all it took, your app is perfect =P
is it possible to make the abillity to name your weapons how you want like hero blade and stuff like that if you can please add that feature to FFXED. thanks for the editor and all your hard work.
hm...well if you know you´ll edit the weapon names only once, you could change the names list/database file or something like that...(don´t know enough about programming...nearly nothing Sad )