..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-16-2011, 12:09 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using the newest version...the problem is if you try to "Save as" and use any name but don't add .psu at the end,FFXED wont save the file.

FFXED is supposed to add the .psu if it is not there. Maybe the code got broken after one of the updates. I will look into it.

(02-17-2011, 06:52 PM)dslartoo Wrote: [ -> ]Have you considered changing the button text for "Edit" to "Save Changes"? "Edit" seems to suggest you are making changes to the NEXT thing that you do, instead of saving the changes that you have just completed. "Save Changes" or "Save" would, I think, make it more intuitive that you're saving the changes you just finished.

The problem with "Save" is that it doesn't actually save the changes. The save file is only modified when one of the save buttons on the main menu is pressed. What the edit button does is modify the temporary data that FFXED has loaded from the save file. It does not actually save that data to the file.

(02-17-2011, 06:52 PM)dslartoo Wrote: [ -> ]Or include a readme file with the .jar file, telling people the basic usage of the program. That way you don't have to wind up answering questions over and over. Smile

There was a page containing detailed instructions on ffxhackers.net, but that website is currently down. I agree that there should be a readme file.

(02-17-2011, 06:52 PM)dslartoo Wrote: [ -> ]First, could you allow the user to specify a default directory so that if you do all your savefile/mymc editing in that directory, you can set ffxed to look in that directory by default for .psu files?

That function already exists. Right-click on the load button.

(02-17-2011, 06:52 PM)dslartoo Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly, have you considered allowing the user to edit a specific blitzball player's stats (HP, SP, EN, AT, PA, BL, SH, CA)?

Those stats are computed from the player's level and therefore cannot be modified. Even in the PS2's memory, they only seem to exist as temporary variables.
Figured there would be issues with editing individual player stats. I just wondered if it were possible. I didn't know about the right-click function on "Load" and I'll use that next time around. Smile

Thanks for the speedy response!

cheers,
Phil
(02-16-2011, 12:09 PM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]Found a bug with FFXED
I'm using the newest version...the problem is if you try to "Save as" and use any name but don't add .psu at the end,FFXED wont save the file.

Try this updated test version of FFXED. Is the problem fixed? I think the problem was if you tried to save the file with a name of less than 4 characters.
Hmm yes,I didn't think of that...if I use Save as and use at least 4 letters name,then the editor create new file(the old one with the problem)

With this version(FFXED0)I can use "Save as" and use for name only 1 letter.
I have posted a new version of FFXED (v0.739). Changes:
-Fixed bug where FFXED couldn't read certain PSU saves
-When "Save As" is used, FFXED will switch to be editing the new file
-Error messages updated
What happen to the old home page
http://www.ffxhackers.net/viewtopic.php?t=5
I wanted to see some explanations about the different items and damage formulas but I can't access the site

And one other thing...does the damage formula is applied to the weapon if for example you add "Ignore Defense" to the armor only?
(03-26-2011, 08:24 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]What happen to the old home page
http://www.ffxhackers.net/viewtopic.php?t=5

A guy I know used to host that website, but he ran out of money and the website went down. It was down for so long that the host deleted all of the files. So everything on ffxhackers has been lost.

(03-26-2011, 08:24 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]I wanted to see some explanations about the different items and damage formulas but I can't access the site

Sometime soon, I will release a readme file. You will have to wait until then.

(03-26-2011, 08:24 AM)vsub Wrote: [ -> ]And one other thing...does the damage formula is applied to the weapon if for example you add "Ignore Defense" to the armor only?

The damage formulas and stuff only apply to weapons.
Ok thanks for the info
I just posted a minor revision that fixes a bug where the item selector box wasn't updating correctly.
Just curious...can I import(is it safe)Int. save into PAL/NTSC save.
I'm asking because the Int. version have things that those versions don't.