..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New version posted (v0.746). This is something that I have been meaning to do for a long time, and I think it will greatly improve FFXED's ease of use alongside PCSX2.

Be on the lookout for bugs because this is a very large change and it has been a long time since I edited the FFXED code!

Changes:
-FFXED is now integrated with mymc and can edit PS2 virtual memory cards directly. All you have to do provide the location of mymc.exe and FFXED will do the rest!
-FFXED remembers the most recent place that you loaded a save from, and will default to that directory if you don't have any "Saved Locations".
-"Favorites" has been renamed "Saved Locations" to make it more clear what it does
Hmm, I'm getting a strange error with the new version. When I try to run the jar, I get an error saying "Could not find the main class: FFXED. Program will exit."

Old version I have still works fine though :o
This will happen if you use the new version of FFXED with an older version of Java. For example it would happen if you are running Java 6. Update to the latest version of Java 7 and see if that fixes it.
Ah, thanks! That fixed it. Cheers!
Hmm, that was a nice feature you added to the editor, well done Smile
A bit of research has shown me that no matter how you edit the weapon itself, overdrives are calculated differently. (I was noticing that in my Tidus Only, his Overdrives were hitting Ironclad for much less than 99,999, so I played with the Damage Formula before discovering Overdrives were calculated differently.)

Several options are quite obvious, like Ignore Defense/Mag. Defense, Celestial options... but a lot of them are not as obvious. I tried the "Target Current HP" and all I got was "immune" when hitting Ironclad.

Any explanation of the different options would be appreciated.
Thanks for pointing that out! I have updated the readme to include a list of damage formulas.
Had to make an account for this, and I'm hoping somebody can help me out. I've been trying to get this to work for about 3 days now, and it's just not cooperating with me. Maybe I'm doing something wrong, so here's what I'm doing. If something stands out as incorrect, please lemme know.

Method 1:
1. Open mymc-gui
2. Export FFX save
3. Delete FFX save on memory card
4. Open exported save in FFXED
5. Edit desired parameters (mostly the lightning dodge challenge, what a nightmare that is to actually do)
6. Save
7. Import edited file

Method 2:
1. Open save directly from FFXED
2. Edit
3. Save

Neither seems to work. When I load the edited save I find that nothing has changed.
Try two things:

1. Make sure PCSX2 is not running when you edit the memory card.

2. Right after you save your changes, open the memory card again to see if your changes are there. If this is the case, and your changes don't appear when you run PCSX2, then it means you are using the wrong memory card.

Another thing to consider is if you are using save states. When you make a save state, I think it also saves the state of the memory cards. So if you load a save state you may end up with memory card data that is inconsistent with the files on your HDD. Make sure you are loading and saving normally in FFX, without save states. Someone please correct me if I am wrong about the above.
1. I make sure it's not, so I'll rule that one out.

2. I had checked actually, and when using mymc-gui to delete the save, I'd open the memory card through the PS2 boot and find it's still there. Maybe it's a mymc issue that's causing these problems for me. There aren't any other memory cards for it to pull the data from, but it might just not be importing saves correctly. I'll try redownloading it and seeing if it helps.

3. I used a couple save states for some points but I always properly save before exiting. Would an existing save state be causing any issues? I thought they cleared after shutdown, but I just checked and apparently that's not the case. If those might be what's causing the issue, how can those be cleared?