..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-19-2012, 01:06 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]Go here to learn how to use cheat codes in PCSX2:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Post-your...tches-here
Thanks,it worked finally!
(09-17-2012, 07:01 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]That data is not in the save file, so it can't be edited by FFXED.
Actually, a few months ago I created a CB/AR/GS code that allows you to change your character. Much to my surprise, I found that the effect is retained after saving, even with the code disabled. Here it is:
Code:
Character Modifier:
00316617 0000000?

Values:
0 = Tidus
1 = Yuna
2 = Auron
3 = Kimahri
4 = Wakka
5 = Lulu
6 = Rikku
Dunno where the setting is held in the save, but hopefully this can help.
Wow, good find! Which version of the game is that code for?

Just to let you know, back when I tested this stuff I tried using FFXED to go between Via Purifico, Auron room, and elsewhere. I found that the player character was specific to whatever room I was in. It is possible that what you encountered was a "feature" exclusive to the debug version of FFX.
(11-26-2012, 01:05 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]Wow, good find! Which version of the game is that code for?

Just to let you know, back when I tested this stuff I tried using FFXED to go between Via Purifico, Auron room, and elsewhere. I found that the player character was specific to whatever room I was in. It is possible that what you encountered was a "feature" exclusive to the debug version of FFX.
Thanks! The code I posted works for the US retail version. It's ported from a version I made using Cheat Engine and the debug version.

It has some weird effects. In some cut scenes, the low resolution Tidus model is replaced with the one you set with the code, but other times it just shows Tidus. This even happens within cut scenes, where you'll see Tidus first, then Rikku or Wakka might be in his place! Doesn't work for the high poly models though.
Does the code work with the debug version too? Because I only have that and one of the International versions.
It doesn't, but I'll make you one that does real quick. Hang on...

Edit: Ok use this address with the values above for the debug version: 0031B2C7
Let me know if it works or not. To test it, I did this:
1. Loaded a save in the debug version
2. Changed the character's value to Auron's
3. Saved the game
4. Loaded the save in the retail version..

.. and I was playing as Auron Smile
I put this in my pnach file. The cheat is loaded but nothing happens.
patch=1,EE,0031B2C7,extended,00000002
(11-26-2012, 05:21 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]I put this in my pnach file. The cheat is loaded but nothing happens.
patch=1,EE,0031B2C7,extended,00000002
Hmm, that's strange, seems to work for me in Luca. I can send you a link to the save if you'd like. The save loads in Luca and you're playing as Auron (without the cheat enabled).

Here's a pic while you're waiting: http://i.imgur.com/bmriM.jpg

edit: Here's a link to the save: http://www.mediafire.com/?n1u464g5lkqbfh6 Should work on debug and US retail versions.
Ah, it does seem to be working. The problem is that it only seems to work in certain rooms (and maybe only for certain characters?). I loaded my game in Macalania Woods and nothing happened. But I went to Luca and I could play as Auron.

-Edit-

I have tried many areas and the only place this seems to work is Luca.
I added your field to FFXED (you can find it in the Misc menu). Thanks! Too bad it doesn't seem to work for Seymour and the aeons, and it only appears to work in Luca. If you find out anything more, let me know! In theory, other areas besides Luca might have their own character controls, although it may just be in Luca for debugging purposes.