..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: FFXED: Final Fantasy X Save Editor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
New version posted. Changes:
-Total Sphere Level is now alongside Current Sphere Level
-Sphere Levels can be imported from other saves
-The gate in Via Purifico can be toggled
-Whithered Bouquet and Flint are fixed
-Rusty Sword and Cloudy/Celestial Mirror logic improved
(07-31-2009, 09:16 AM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ]I have written a save-editing utility for FFX. Please post any questions or comments regarding the use of FFXED with PCSX2 in this thread.

To use:
1. Use mymc to extract your FFX save as a PSU from your virtual memory card. The virtual memory cards are in the "memcards" folder inside the main PCSX2 directory.
2. Edit the PSU save in FFXED.
3. Use mymc to stick the edited PSU save back into your virtual memory card.

Troubleshooting:
If FFXED doesn't start up when you double-click it, first make sure you have the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment installed on your machine. If you have installed Java and FFXED's JAR file is not associated with Java and some other program runs when you double-click it, run Jarfix.

Screenshot:
[Image: v0702.th.png]

Full list of features and download:
http://ffxhackers.nfshost.com/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=5

Hi. I am new to mymc and FFXED and really wanted to edit my pcsx2 FFX save file (international version).

First, how do I exactly make changes to save profile. I understand that mymc is an extraction device and FFXED is an editor.
But when I extract the file, do I just choose any location? and extract it out? And do the changes you made means that you only have the changes made at that particular location?

Sorry. I am new here and do not know much technical jargons.

I open my "ps2" format file in my memcard folder in my pcsx2 using mymc. It displayed a window like what you say. What so exactly do from there? There are many files with various location names (Luca Stadium, Mihen High Road, etc). Do I just select any one of them to edit my current save file?
After that do I just save into psu format into my same "memcard" folder?

Second question is that: How do you convert a "psu" file into a "ps2" file? The import option is grayed out (not available) unless I open(import) and existing ps2 file into mymc. Even after I do that, when I tried to import my psu file into ps2 format( into the memcard folder), it display an error message saying that: "Save File already exist".

Could anyone please enlighten me on the steps needed to edit the save file and also to resolve the error? Thanks alot!

I also wonder if anyone can send me an editted "ps2." file containing the save after the encounter at macalania temple with seymour( my game freezes at the FMV after I defeat anima and seymour at the temple)
Any help is much appreciated. Thanks folks!
pohsheng85 Wrote:But when I extract the file, do I just choose any location? and extract it out? And do the changes you made means that you only have the changes made at that particular location?

Each location is its own save. Editing one of them won't affect the others.

pohsheng85 Wrote:I open my "ps2" format file in my memcard folder in my pcsx2 using mymc. It displayed a window like what you say. What so exactly do from there? There are many files with various location names (Luca Stadium, Mihen High Road, etc). Do I just select any one of them to edit my current save file?

Those files with the location names are your save files.

pohsheng85 Wrote:After that do I just save into psu format into my same "memcard" folder?

Sure.

pohsheng85 Wrote:Second question is that: How do you convert a "psu" file into a "ps2" file? The import option is grayed out (not available) unless I open(import) and existing ps2 file into mymc.

PS2 file is a virtual memory card. A PSU file represents a single save that could be on that virtual memory card. PSU cannot be converted to PS2 because they are not the same thing. You must add the PSU save to the PS2 file.

pohsheng85 Wrote:Even after I do that, when I tried to import my psu file into ps2 format( into the memcard folder), it display an error message saying that: "Save File already exist".

Try deleting the old save or changing the save slot number to something else in FFXED.

pohsheng85 Wrote:my game freezes at the FMV after I defeat anima and seymour at the temple

That is a problem best solved by tweaking or updating PCSX2. Use the search function or post a separate topic about it and someone will tell you how to fix it.
pohsheng85 Wrote:Thanks alot for the step by step break down. Yup! It worked! I have also solved the crashing problem for macalania temple. We just need to turn on the EEx3 speed hack and it will be alright. Haha. Thanks for the help man!

(12-11-2009, 05:23 PM)fuzzymillipede Wrote: [ -> ][quote=pohsheng85]But when I extract the file, do I just choose any location? and extract it out? And do the changes you made means that you only have the changes made at that particular location?

Each location is its own save. Editing one of them won't affect the others.

pohsheng85 Wrote:I open my "ps2" format file in my memcard folder in my pcsx2 using mymc. It displayed a window like what you say. What so exactly do from there? There are many files with various location names (Luca Stadium, Mihen High Road, etc). Do I just select any one of them to edit my current save file?

Those files with the location names are your save files.

pohsheng85 Wrote:After that do I just save into psu format into my same "memcard" folder?

Sure.

pohsheng85 Wrote:Second question is that: How do you convert a "psu" file into a "ps2" file? The import option is grayed out (not available) unless I open(import) and existing ps2 file into mymc.

PS2 file is a virtual memory card. A PSU file represents a single save that could be on that virtual memory card. PSU cannot be converted to PS2 because they are not the same thing. You must add the PSU save to the PS2 file.

pohsheng85 Wrote:Even after I do that, when I tried to import my psu file into ps2 format( into the memcard folder), it display an error message saying that: "Save File already exist".

Try deleting the old save or changing the save slot number to something else in FFXED.

pohsheng85 Wrote:my game freezes at the FMV after I defeat anima and seymour at the temple

That is a problem best solved by tweaking or updating PCSX2. Use the search function or post a separate topic about it and someone will tell you how to fix it.
New version posted. Changes:
-Fixed bug that was causing FFXED to sometimes crash upon clicking "Load File..."
-Max Sphere Grid has been updated (again) to give you more Agility nodes
-Edit current HP and MP (mostly this is for Seymour because save spheres do not restore his HP/MP)
-Window now appears in the center of the screen instead of up in the top left
-Main menu is enlarged so Windows 7 and Vista users don't have an obscured Title Bar
-Other minor appearance tweaks
that ffxhackers site is down. :-/
My friend owns that site. Dunno what the problem is. For the moment, you can download FFXED from here:

-edit-

File deleted.
okay now you were faster... thanks!!! just ignore my pm :-)
how do i use those items like "giga graviton" or "possess anima"?
cant find them in my game when i edited my item slots with ffxed.
(12-22-2009, 08:14 PM)d0mi Wrote: [ -> ]how do i use those items like "giga graviton" or "possess anima"?
cant find them in my game when i edited my item slots with ffxed.

They should appear in the Item menu during battle. I think Thrust Kick is the only exception (it appears in the Use menu).

-edit-

Also, I have finished an important new addition to FFXED. Coming soon: copy & paste equipment! Did you ever get frustrated when creating equipment for the entire party? Soon it will be much easier. I will post the update once ffxhackers comes back online.