..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, it's the lum sensitivity, it was too high Tongue I didn't have a sky on my screen when I was testing, thanks for showing. This shader is a WIP still.

Ideally I would want multiple passes, and a vertex shader for proper depth, so I'm trying to find work arounds to do all this in one ps function lol.
Both works on my NVIDIA GTX 460, good job Smile
What would you need to do multiple passes?
I'd need to get you more info to be honest. gsdx doesn't compile external vertex functions either
A multi pass shader is basically just one with multiple compilation "layers"

EDIT: *facepalm* Apparently GSDX doesn't recognise external techniques Tongue, it could possibly load more than one function inside the shader into the compiler though.

It would elso be nicer if the function names were given maybe global IDs so you could call the functions whatever you liked in the shader.fx file, so you wouldn't be forced to have the compilation in a fixed order (sometimes the main method of a shader might be compiled in the first pass, or second, etc.
I've added this to the original post also.

Comparison Screens below, although you can't really see anything in the shots lol:

Old Version[Image: OLD.jpg]

No Shader
[Image: OFF.jpg]

New Version
[Image: NEW.png]

[attachment=41266]
Still too sensible, Ocean star opening becomes a mess, you'll need to test it with high lighted scenes to achieve an equilibrium.
Try: [attachment=41270]

It's nearly impossible to fine tune a shader for every game though. I'll have to try implement some control variables.
Got SSAO working Tongue I'ts kinda useless though, because of having no proper depth checking, but it's a bit of a personal achievement, a PS2 game with SSAO. So I though i'd post it.

(Better off opening them in fullscreen from the attachments)

Shader Off
[Image: offf.jpg]
Shader On
[Image: on.jpg]

Now there is a reasonable gain for me (I'm a tad... OK a lot weak for low contrast) the shaded image looks definitely better to me.