..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
That looks great rama.

Whoever does the PCSX2 automated builds, thank you for taking away the build numbers on the plugins! I'm glad you see that deleting the old plugins manually is a pain. I requested this along time ago but was denied.....

Rama, how can we make this permanent (not have to press f7 when turning the emu on)? Also, can you make a setting in the gsdx.ini that lightens or darkers the f7 effects (opacity)? One setting controls all f7 opacity. The spacing is perfect, don't waste your time with line removal options Tongue

P.S.: Just so you know, Software mode on FMVs hack doesn't work that well anymore.
Thanks for the feedback guys.

rama: I tried reproducing the bloom resolution bug, and I couldn't. I don't have any games with that low native res. I tried using the lowest rendered resolution that would output for me (256x256) to see if it would cause it, but it doesn't... I'll have to take a look and see.

Nice job with the scanlines btw Smile It's good to know the internally compiled effects are handled before scaling is done. Gabest probably did it this way purposely, because initially the only shader being compiled where PCSX2Fx is being compiled, was FXAA, and that needs the output rendered resolution (after fb scaling is handled), where as scanlines require the input resolution of the game (before fb scaling is handled), else you've to do crazy workarounds to try get them to look decent on arbitrary resolutions.. hence the problems I've been having with them lol.

Looks like I can remove my own scanlines effect then? as it will be redundant now.
shinra358:
Still thinking about it but I feel like having an intensity and thickness option are needed, yea.
The FMV hack still works here.

Asmodean:
Actually better wait a bit still. We're currently figuring out which kind of scanlines we want to have Tongue2
There's the scanlines that scale a picture and that require exact output resolutions and there's
the kind that I committed, that simply overlays an output with darkened lines.
The fmv hack works, but it crashes more often with certain games.

Intensity as in opacity, yes.
Thickness, not really. Real scanlines were never thicker than that honestly. I mean, you can if you want to but it isn't really necessary.
(12-22-2013, 09:06 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Bicubic FS Filtering
Gaussian FS Filtering

those might come in handy for games like Breath of Fire 4 where it sprite based more then 3rd I gona have to test those out
Updated the shader archive, notes are in the quote below.

(12-21-2013, 10:20 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]I'm uploading the current version of PCSX2Fx, for testing & feedback.

All effects have been rewritten, and revised. Plus newly implemented additions & improvements.

Current effects included:
  • UHQ FXAA
  • Bicubic FS Filtering
  • Gaussian FS Filtering
  • High Quality Blended Bloom
  • Per-Channel Gamma Correction
  • Scene Tone Mapping
  • RGB Colour Correction
  • S-Curve Contrast Enhancement
  • Texture Sharpening
  • Pixel Vibrance
  • Post-Complement Colour Grading
  • Cel Shading
  • Scanline Emulation
  • Vignette
  • Subpixel Dithering

Options & settings are inside shader.fx, instead of their own separate file, for now. Until I'm finished testing.

I'll update the PCSX2Fx OP, with the file, description, screens etc, when I feel I've gotten enough testing and feedback from this.

Link: PCSX2Fx v2.00 Revised

Happy Christmas : )

Edit: 01/01/14 Updated archive above again, highlight notes below;
  • FXAA: slightly improved the quality 4 preset, & pre-luminance calculations.
  • FXAA: removed the debug option, as it should no longer be needed, as the FXAA is completed. It was also interfering with the gamma correction, when enabled.
  • Gamma Correction: Implemented a new gamma correction curve to replace the pow function previously used, which I think yields nicer, more accurate results.
  • Bloom: some small improvements to the bloom blending output.
  • Colour Correction: Also implemented a new curve for the pre tone mapping colour correction.
  • Tonemapping: Improved some colour conversion operations.
  • Tonemapping: Added RGB colour curve options, for Red, Green, and Blue respectively.
  • Tonemapping: Added Filmic Tonemapping as a tonemap type to choose. The two types are now - Natural(default), and Filmic(cinematic style)
  • Contrast: Improved contrast curve type 1.
  • Other general coding cleanup, and improvements

Happy new year : )

>.<
Best settings for 2D games in 1080p =

#define GAUSSIAN_FILTERING 1

//-[GAUSSIAN OPTIONS]-------
#define FilterAmount 1.00
#define GaussianSpread 1.00

Wink

Looks just like when in native mode, but better.
I can't speak on the others. I barely see difference in the FXAA or Bicubic so Gaussian is the only one I use for I don't really need the other filtering options.

Any way that you can recreate ps2's texture filtering (without the sprite lines it could have at times on certain games)?
Can't say I'm a fan of the newest PCSX2Fx revision, it seems too bright, especially for Persona 3 and 4.
Uh, turn down the bloom (eg: 0.400), and|or increase the tone amount then Tongue

I had averaged out the brightness in one of the previous versions - for the default settings. lol I can't stress enough, why I have about 50+ options to use, because everybody wants something different ; )

If you want to get the most from this shader, you're best off to take 10+ mins to arse around with all of the settings, to see what they roughly do. Mess it up? just copy/paste the old settings back in again. ^.^

Moral of the story?. do not fear the options, they are your friend.
--
shinra358: not really, not in these shaders. You'd at least need to use tc offsets in the vs. I've been messing around with GSdx's filtering though, if I somehow manage to improve it, I'll share it.
Alright, I think I found out what I was looking for.

-Removed bloom completely
-Removed sharpen completely
-Upped default gamma from 2.2 to 2.5
-Changed CurvesContrast from 0.75 to 0.00

I tested lots of games, especially Haunting Ground which is VERY sensitive to any gamma/contrast options, and I think it works great. This change is more subtle, but more universal I think.