..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: Custom Shaders for GSdx
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Sorry, been away. So I wasn't able to respond to questions. The psx shader error filenotfound was getting; is the gpu compiler not recognising ogl's compatibility extension profile. At present, i'm not sure why it's happening to some users. Prime suspect would be a very old card. I'll have to check it out.

I tend to work at stuff sporadically in bursts. Depending on what I'm playing, and for what system. I'm very unorganised Tongue
edit: wrong thread.

Any suggested shaders for FFX?
Updated PCSX2Fx.

A few minor changes, nothing major.
(06-01-2013, 09:43 PM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]Updated PCSX2Fx.

A few minor changes, nothing major.

Do you have a changelog?

Just a feedback, it seems that dynamic contrast makes the image a little bit too dark and it is quite difficult to notice something like an entryway in some game.
(06-02-2013, 05:50 PM)xemnas99 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have a changelog?

Just a feedback, it seems that dynamic contrast makes the image a little bit too dark and it is quite difficult to notice something like an entryway in some game.

It was just a few minor changes in code, and load order, nothing visual. I'll include a change log whenever I think it is relevant to the user, or warrants version notes.

Also there are 12 different contrast curves to choose from, try the version below in attachment. It should sort the over darkening of the blacks etc.

I try to keep the default setup as neutral as possible, because the customisation of a shader is very perceptual, and everyone's idea of that looks good, is different. Be sure to customize the settings for yourselves, to get the very best results, if you're not happy with the enhancement setup it's shipped with Smile

I plan on working on/updating pcsx2fx again soon.

Edit: I re-upped the shader below, I wasnt happy with a few settings
(06-05-2013, 03:43 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]try the version below in attachment. It should sort the over darkening of the blacks etc.

I try to keep the default setup as neutral as possible, because the customisation of a shader is very perceptual, and everyone's idea of that looks good, is different. Be sure to customize the settings for yourselves, to get the very best results, if you're not happy with the enhancement setup it's shipped with Smile

Thanks. I'll try that. This is a good news. Smile

I just tried it and it works great. Thank you very much.
(06-05-2013, 03:43 AM)Asmodean Wrote: [ -> ]It was just a few minor changes in code, and load order, nothing visual. I'll include a change log whenever I think it is relevant to the user, or warrants version notes.

Also there are 12 different contrast curves to choose from, try the version below in attachment. It should sort the over darkening of the blacks etc.

Edit: I re-upped the shader below, I wasnt happy with a few settings

Any other effects you plan on adding like scanlines, etc. into your all-in-one shader?
Updated PCSX2Fx to 1.20.

--------------------
Updated to 1.20

-Completed the RGB Color Correction.
-Improved contrast clamping, to prevent over-darkening in some games.
-Completed in-shader documentation of effects & options.
-Improved effect options
-Slightly improved FXAA implementation
-Improved the Highpass Bloom a bit. It's the best I can do for now, with a single pass.
-Slightly improved Gamma Correction function
-Added a color buffer, and improved the global registering a bit
-Overall code clean up, & improvement

(06-09-2013, 08:09 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Any other effects you plan on adding like scanlines, etc. into your all-in-one shader?

My original aim for this shader, was a kind of 'pcsx2 visual quality overhaul'. To try revamp the visual quality of PS2 games, because up-scaling alone, can only do so much.

Once I'm happy enough with the current set of effects, I'll consider adding further effect requests.

So, if anyone else has some good requests, don't be afraid to ask.

(Ambient Occlusion cannot be implemented correctly in pcsx2's current shader support. Before I get more messages requesting that effect Tongue)
PCSX2 Shaders. I don't take any credit for making these shaders. Thanks to all of you who had made these shaders. For those of you who are inexperienced make sure to rename the shader file to shader.fx and put it into your PCSX2 directory. After the PS2 has been started up push Page Up and the shader will be enabled. Press the same key to disable the shader. Enjoy.
The shaders pack has created by emu-france.com (but it missing the readme file with all credit....).