..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(01-14-2024, 07:00 PM)RadiantAnsel Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all, could I ask a no-interlacing patch for the Japanese release of Tekken Tag Tournament? (I own the 3.00 disc)

Lastly, I've heard about "autoboot" files, to avoid doing the button combo on games to activate Progressive Scan.
Could these be made for Gundam vs Z Gundam, and Gundam Rengou vs ZAFT II PLUS? (Both Japanese versions as well)

Thanks so much in advance.

For tekken tag v3.00 not possible due update change framebuffer config (hard to revert change for use full frame mode),  and not necessary anymore, PCSX2-QT antiblur and deinterlacing updated options play almost all "field rendered type games like this fine", use +2x internal for better look; or you can try for tekken tag (Europe) 2.00 my updated code for unlock "full frame mode" + full native NTSC60hz, (check my signature list) "maybe" patch can be ported to tekken tag japanese v2.00, i keep in mind next weeks, for gundam titles with offcial progressive scan i can "try" create patch for automated load progressive scan with time.
(01-15-2024, 03:12 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]For tekken tag v3.00 not possible due update change framebuffer config (hard to revert change for use full frame mode),  and not necessary anymore, PCSX2-QT antiblur and deinterlacing updated options play almost all "field rendered type games like this fine", use +2x internal for better look; or you can try for tekken tag (Europe) 2.00 my updated code for unlock "full frame mode" + full native NTSC60hz, (check my signature list) "maybe" patch can be ported to tekken tag japanese v2.00, i keep in mind next weeks, for gundam titles with offcial progressive scan i can "try" create patch for automated load progressive scan with time.

Hi, Felix! I tried your PAL version 2.0 code posted here and noticed that the screen shakes a little in FMV with the resolution of 256 and the interlace option on automatic (yes, my eyes catch these little things). However, with the previous patch it was perfect at 224. It is the one I use with interlacing disabled and without the direction that enables ntsc mode since the game runs accelerated.
(01-15-2024, 04:11 PM)PeterDelta Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, Felix! I tried your PAL version 2.0 code posted here and noticed that the screen shakes a little in FMV with the resolution of 256 and the interlace option on automatic (yes, my eyes catch these little things). However, with the previous patch it was perfect at 224. It is the one I use with interlacing disabled and without the direction that enables ntsc mode since the game runs accelerated.

The old code patch show 224-256=32 less  pixels in bottom image for try match ntsc 224 but still run in pal speed, so i removed for fulll display fmv, still audio de-sync cut off in the end (for fix requires advanced assembly, fmv file reemplacement or both) forged add no interlaced code mostly becaause not required anymore (new deinterlacing + antiblur works ok) anyway updated code for no interlaced fmv in git couple hours ago, for NTSC code patch game 3d logic run and match USA and JAPAN versions with correct NTSC60hz\60fps speeds and screen parameters ok so not speed up or Y enlarged screens (pal default is 50hz\50fps is slower and bad for figthing games)
(01-17-2024, 05:24 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]The old code patch show 224-256=32 less  pixels in bottom image for try match ntsc 224 but still run in pal speed, so i removed for fulll display fmv, still audio de-sync cut off in the end (for fix requires advanced assembly, fmv file reemplacement or both) forged add no interlaced code mostly becaause not required anymore (new deinterlacing + antiblur works ok) anyway updated code for no interlaced fmv in git couple hours ago, for NTSC code patch game 3d logic run and match USA and JAPAN versions with correct NTSC60hz\60fps speeds and screen parameters ok so not speed up or Y enlarged screens (pal default is 50hz\50fps is slower and bad for figthing games)

Thank you! Now the fmv runs well without shaking and everything is clear. The speed of the gameplay when activating NTSC corresponds to the US versions, the only thing that would need to be corrected are the stopwatch timers that are accelerated. I've been searching for a while with no results.
Hello. This is Interesting. However I have trouble running patches. Everything is set up correctly AFAIK
patches are enabled, CRCs matches but nothing seems to change when it's running: For example, let's try
E7EA3288 - Pac-Man World 2 SLUS-20224.pnach. it's still interlaced. Shouldn't it switch to progressive or am I missing something? I use latest nightly build and windows 11. Thank you for your help
Hi all, love the work of the patchers!
Please let me know if this is not the right thread for this post, but here it goes:
I was wondering if it would be possible for Virtua Fighter - 10th Anniversary Edition to get the same 16:9 and no interlacing patches that VF4 and VF4Evo got. 10th anniversary is just a reskin of 4Evo so I'd imagine it's doable, but I have no idea.
Hello. There are already patches you want for this game. Just make sure you have allowed patches in the settings. Then, in the menu list, right click on your game ->properties->patches and select them. Can you confirm it works for you please? Have a nice day
(01-21-2024, 01:23 PM)megatari49 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello. There are already patches you want for this game. Just make sure you have allowed patches in the settings. Then, in the menu list, right click on your game ->properties->patches and select them. Can you confirm it works for you please? Have a nice day

Hey, thanks for the reply. I have patches allowed in the settings and even applied in other games such as VF4 and VF4Evo, but no patches show up under the properties of VF 10th Anniversary. I even checked the All CRCs option and reloaded patches and no patches are available. Just to confirm, it's Virtua Fighter - 10th Anniversary Edition SLPM-68008
Here it is: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid637630
Tell me if it works for you as I also have trouble with patches. Thank you
(01-21-2024, 10:19 PM)megatari49 Wrote: [ -> ]Here it is: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid637630
Tell me if it works for you as I also have trouble with patches. Thank you

Thanks! My copy is the Japanese one so I copied the contents to SLPM-68008_916E2EAA.pnach now the patch shows up in the PCSX2 menu and I can toggle it on, but it has no effect. The game is still interlaced.

Edit: Ok, I've found the issue: the Japanese version is a stand-alone disc that's why it needs a different patch. I was able to load the US version of it from the VF4Evo menu (since in the US version it's just a bonus in VF4Evo and THAT is progressive).