..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Code:
//disable the sun, lens flare effects and brightness overlay effect
patch=1,EE,001637B4,word,14430003
//disable the shadows
patch=1,EE,001FA4FC,word,10000016
//force the frameskipping always on
patch=1,EE,0012EAB0,word,1000001F
patch=1,EE,0012E96C,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,0012E9FC,word,10000015
(04-29-2022, 08:08 PM)Agrippa Wrote: [ -> ]Soulcalibur III PAL 480p Patch
SCES-53312
CRC - BC5480A3 (1.00)
Code:
// replace NTSC mode with Progressive Scan
patch=1,EE,00509E4A,byte,06
// rename "PAL60/60 Hz" with "Progressive"
patch=1,EE,00B73FB4,word,6F725020
patch=1,EE,00B73FB8,word,73657267
patch=1,EE,00B73FBC,word,65766973
patch=1,EE,00B73FC0,word,0A205D20
CRC - 3BA95B70 (2.00)
Code:
// replace NTSC mode with Progressive Scan
patch=1,EE,00509ECA,byte,06
// rename "PAL60/60 Hz" with "Progressive"
patch=1,EE,00B73FB4,word,6F725020
patch=1,EE,00B73FB8,word,73657267
patch=1,EE,00B73FBC,word,65766973
patch=1,EE,00B73FC0,word,0A205D20
Patch replaces NTSC (60 Hz) mode with the 480p one, which is still present in the code of PAL conversion. The image is sharper as a result (flicker filter is disabled in the progressive mode, it seems). No Triangle+Cross button combo is needed to enable the 480p mode - the "PAL60" entry at the startup is renamed to the "Progressive", just like in the Soulcalibur II PAL release.
Another lame PAL port - removed/hidden features (480p mode), wrong PAL widescreen field of view (they used a wrong base value for calculations, making the widescreen zoomed in even more than the NTSC vert- one).

I was looking at your posts, wow! great work!! Do you think there is any graphical effect (motion blur? DOF?) that is possible to turn off in order to make it run better ?
(07-01-2022, 04:42 PM)deathstrobe Wrote: [ -> ]Does Bloodrayne 2 even benefit from a no interlace or progressive scan code?  Thanks if you can answer that.

maybe we need to explain better what and what not do interleacing, also in this thread no interleacing codes are combined with image enhacements (disable blur effects, sharp backbuffer, etc) let people confuse no-interleacing = always better image, for know if that game need a code read my signature OLd no. interl. tutorial , (still dated and need a update), but for easy steps:
run game normaly (all PCSX2 default options), go to 3d gameplay area a pres F5 (look PCSX2 upper tab window) this will start change deinterleacing methods from automatic >weabe>bob...> "none" :

-in "none" if game start jumping up,down,up,down each second "maybe" this game can benefit to find a no interleacing code or better find - enable progressive scan / 480p modes. (web search has know list offical games with 480p modes)

-in  "none" if game have stable image it means (no up,down,up...) this game is in "full frame" mode (programed put full image each interval scan) so not need a not interleacing (it will do nothing)

-if your game have stable image but in movement look blurry it need a blur turn off / bypass code (hard) sharp backbuffer (no possible all agames= hard) no a "no interleacing" disabler code; some games looks better "less blurry when you use new PCSX2 feature "antiblur" (enabled by default) or find codes or enable the progressive scan / 480p sdtv modes 

progressive scan mode / 480p mode was a novelty in that times for comapctible tvs, this mode by default disables in code level the interelaced function-instruction image showing best compactible format video output (and yes ps2 can do 720p or 1080i but that video modes will use ps2 limited resources = nor work, bugs or will crash in any second)

example game benefit from no-interleaced codes: marvel vs capcom 2 (movement is so blurry) disabling / hack sceGshalfoffset function let game looks more fluid (still this method for no-interleacing is not recomended it will not work in ps2 hardware because take advantage of incorrect parameter in old PCSX2 versions) this game will need a progressive scan code that have same effect but using in build game code designed, the magic is find o make it.

example no interleacing codes do nothing or less is mortal kombat shaolin like explain a partial code is in the thread but menus and healt bars flicker, or test code i put last year bypass no interleacing but framepacing is capped to 30fps internal because game was programed to use interleacing for effects, performance reasons etc, for this kind of games using the default options in pcsx2 deinterleacing "automatic" the game looks and feel the same withow up,jump,up image and menus heatl bars too, PCSX2 deinterleacing method works ok in many cases and combined with new antiblur feaute game looks better that using codes here.

when a game looks better is when you find sharp back-front buffer hack, sdtv progressive modes, turn off /disable / bypass blur, here in no interleacing thread, cheats thread, 60fps thread, widescreend thread you will find many it will enhace image quality (yes all are scattered in forums)

in the end check your game, if apply to up,down.up down ... jump image let me know ii will take a look in next weeks.

@squallps2 :thanks tekken is my favorite figthing series so i need to do something i hope works ok in your gameplays, for ttken tag tournament that game has many revision altering game code (for performance? bugs? who knows) i will take a look, soulcalibur II i think japan-usa has progressive scan mode offcial so try use that modes, soul calibur III also has progressive scan and @Agrippa unlock progressive scan for Europe version too, still this game is heavy running 99% in ps2 EE try using MTVU option (i see couple games run better with this option enabled) for find effects functions or similar is hard, still it have some Qol codes maybe take a look what a can find.
(07-01-2022, 08:34 PM)Agrippa Wrote: [ -> ]
Code:
//disable the sun, lens flare effects and brightness overlay effect
patch=1,EE,001637B4,word,14430003
//disable the shadows
patch=1,EE,001FA4FC,word,10000016
//force the frameskipping always on
patch=1,EE,0012EAB0,word,1000001F
patch=1,EE,0012E96C,word,00000000
patch=1,EE,0012E9FC,word,10000015

The game now runs much better, I played for about 30 minutes and performance was 100% most of the time, it went below 98% just a few times, I even tried the Lost Cathedral stage with AI fully engaged and pointing the camera to the horizon in training mode, and it was 100% all the time. THANKS!
(07-01-2022, 09:12 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]@squallps2 :thanks tekken is my favorite figthing series so i need to do something i hope works ok in your gameplays, for ttken tag tournament that game has many revision altering game code (for performance? bugs? who knows) i will take a look, soulcalibur II i think japan-usa has progressive scan mode offcial so try use that modes, soul calibur III also has progressive scan and @Agrippa unlock progressive scan for Europe version too, still this game is heavy running 99% in ps2 EE try using MTVU option (i see couple games run better with this option enabled) for find effects functions or similar is hard, still it have some Qol codes maybe take a look what a can find.

Tekken Tag USA 2.0 works great with MTVU enabled, PCSX2 loads a no-interlacing code (and maybe something else ? - performance wise) automatically and performance is good (if compared with how it was a few months ago to me), the snow stage is the worse and situation overall is like Soul Calibur III.

@Agrippa removed enough stuff to dramatically improve perfomance on my setup, maybe someting like this could be done in Tekken Tag and Soul Calibur II ? SC2 is interesting because it runs great at 2X on Dolphin and even the fan on my notebook doesn't speed up too much, on PCSX2 it barely can handle native res with PS, maybe there's something else to turn off to improve perfomance ?

Lately the impossible now seems possible.
(06-07-2022, 12:29 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]i remember someone did interleaced codes for some bios last year in this thread you need to search using search dialog or manually visiting old post; appart i see  some people asking interleacing codes withow confirm if really game need it a fast test is disabling interleace option in PCSX2 and test it if game image jump up / down / up /down ..., if not it means game run in "frame mode" so interleacing code is not really necessary also the new PCSX2-QT  version have a new integrated "no interleacing database" which is autoenabled when game is launched (or check global options options) maybe a code is already created and added, and  PCSX2 interleacing method works ok verify setting > "deinterleacing" in "Automatic (Default)", and least check my signature (OLD No Inter. Basic Turorial) for old tutorials how to find this codes (keep in mind tutorial need a update)

talking about "frame mode" this games not need no interleacing, but learning about disable interleacing registers, 480 sdtv modes, resolutions etc i find some interesting functions - codes in like mode unlock native SDTV 640x480p mode instead 640x448 ntsc, more info code notes stories on my blog.

-Sengoku Basara X (戦国BASARA X) (Japan) SLPM_550.08;1) Game CRC = 0x721DEBE4
+Autoboot - Enable Native Progressive Scan video mode (call-function)
+No interleacing (of course sdtv mode call disable it automatically)
+640x480 pixels-lines enabled (instead default 640x448) more viewable area, good for Integer scaling (still untested)
*recomended disable pcsx2 > graphics > shader “texture filtering display” for more pixel art image (more clean image)

-Hokuto no Ken - Shinpan no Sousousei - Kengou Retsuden 北斗の拳 審判の双蒼星 拳豪列伝 (Japan) SLPM_666.60;1) Game CRC = 0x9E8F0454
+Autoboot - Enable Native Progressive Scan video mode (call-function)
+No interleacing (of course sdtv mode call disable it automatically)
+640x480 pixels-lines enabled (instead default 640x448) more viewable area, good for Integer scaling (still untested)
*recomended disable pcsx2 > graphics > shader “texture filtering display” for more pixel art image (more clean image)

It's fixed now. It also helped that I used pcsx2 v1.5 instead of 1.4. the terrain was really messed up and the hardware mipmap support really helped
Would someone be able to make a code for Dynasty Warriors 4 (non-XL) ?

Dynasty Warriors 4 [SLUS-20653] CRC: 92DF7BE5

Thanks in advance
(07-01-2022, 09:12 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]maybe we need to explain better what and what not do interleacing, also in this thread no interleacing codes are combined with image enhacements (disable blur effects, sharp backbuffer, etc) let people confuse no-interleacing = always better image, for know if that game need a code read my signature OLd no. interl. tutorial , (still dated and need a update), but for easy steps:
run game normaly (all PCSX2 default options), go to 3d gameplay area a pres F5 (look PCSX2 upper tab window) this will start change deinterleacing methods from automatic >weabe>bob...> "none" :

-in "none" if game start jumping up,down,up,down each second "maybe" this game can benefit to find a no interleacing code or better find - enable progressive scan / 480p modes. (web search has know list offical games with 480p modes)

-in  "none" if game have stable image it means (no up,down,up...) this game is in "full frame" mode (programed put full image each interval scan) so not need a not interleacing (it will do nothing)

-if your game have stable image but in movement look blurry it need a blur turn off / bypass code (hard) sharp backbuffer (no possible all agames= hard) no a "no interleacing" disabler code; some games looks better "less blurry when you use new PCSX2 feature "antiblur" (enabled by default) or find codes or enable the progressive scan / 480p sdtv modes 

progressive scan mode / 480p mode was a novelty in that times for comapctible tvs, this mode by default disables in code level the interelaced function-instruction image showing best compactible format video output (and yes ps2 can do 720p or 1080i but that video modes will use ps2 limited resources = nor work, bugs or will crash in any second)

example game benefit from no-interleaced codes: marvel vs capcom 2 (movement is so blurry) disabling / hack sceGshalfoffset function let game looks more fluid (still this method for no-interleacing is not recomended it will not work in ps2 hardware because take advantage of incorrect parameter in old PCSX2 versions) this game will need a progressive scan code that have same effect but using in build game code designed, the magic is find o make it.

example no interleacing codes do nothing or less is mortal kombat shaolin like explain a partial code is in the thread but menus and healt bars flicker, or test code i put last year bypass no interleacing but framepacing is capped to 30fps internal because game was programed to use interleacing for effects, performance reasons etc, for this kind of games using the default options in pcsx2 deinterleacing "automatic" the game looks and feel the same withow up,jump,up image and menus heatl bars too, PCSX2 deinterleacing method works ok in many cases and combined with new antiblur feaute game looks better that using codes here.

when a game looks better is when you find sharp back-front buffer hack, sdtv progressive modes, turn off /disable / bypass blur, here in no interleacing thread, cheats thread, 60fps thread, widescreend thread you will find many it will enhace image quality (yes all are scattered in forums)

in the end check your game, if apply to up,down.up down ... jump image let me know ii will take a look in next weeks.

@squallps2 :thanks tekken is my favorite figthing series so i need to do something i hope works ok in your gameplays, for ttken tag tournament that game has many revision altering game code (for performance? bugs? who knows) i will take a look, soulcalibur II i think japan-usa has progressive scan mode offcial so try use that modes, soul calibur III also has progressive scan and @Agrippa unlock progressive scan for Europe version too, still this game is heavy running 99% in ps2 EE try using MTVU option (i see couple games run better with this option enabled) for find effects functions or similar is hard, still it have some Qol codes maybe take a look what a can find.
Finally picked up an new computer and checked that Blood Rayne 2 has a stable image with no interlace option enabled.  Thanks for the help on this and
Garouden Breakblow Fist or Twist, also for helping everybody else out in this thread.
I have a request.
Can someone do code for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 [SLUS-20757] CRC: 64F9781E?
I tried doing it myself, but without success.
Thanks.
So.. I tried to port the Ace Combat 5 fix to PAL, by following the same instructions that could work for the widescreen patch.
It works to an extent, but half of the game menus and in-game are off-center and "repeating" part of the viewport (possibly because I didn't touch any of the "values" that are written and they are resolution/frequency specific).
Code:
patch=1,EE,203314F4,extended,0C03FFF3
patch=1,EE,203314FC,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,200FFFCC,extended,341B0001
patch=1,EE,200FFFD0,extended,147B0004
patch=1,EE,200FFFD4,extended,34030001
patch=1,EE,200FFFD8,extended,FC430000
patch=1,EE,200FFFDC,extended,03E00008
patch=1,EE,200FFFE0,extended,DE020010
patch=1,EE,200FFFE4,extended,FC430000
patch=1,EE,200FFFE8,extended,DE020010
patch=1,EE,200FFFEC,extended,03E00008