..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-14-2022, 05:34 PM)mirh Wrote: [ -> ]So.. I tried to port the Ace Combat 5 fix to PAL, by following the same instructions that could work for the widescreen patch.
It works to an extent, but half of the game menus and in-game are off-center and "repeating" part of the viewport (possibly because I didn't touch any of the "values" that are written and they are resolution/frequency specific).
Code:
patch=1,EE,203314F4,extended,0C03FFF3
patch=1,EE,203314FC,extended,00000000
patch=1,EE,200FFFCC,extended,341B0001
patch=1,EE,200FFFD0,extended,147B0004
patch=1,EE,200FFFD4,extended,34030001
patch=1,EE,200FFFD8,extended,FC430000
patch=1,EE,200FFFDC,extended,03E00008
patch=1,EE,200FFFE0,extended,DE020010
patch=1,EE,200FFFE4,extended,FC430000
patch=1,EE,200FFFE8,extended,DE020010
patch=1,EE,200FFFEC,extended,03E00008
patch=1,EE,200FFFF0,extended,30429400
Anybody that could try to improve this?

@mirh: sometimes codes area position not mach in ps2 ram between regions because some games has diferent mips functions, args implemented etc (versions like 1.0, 2.0 etc) example tekken tag jap 1.0 vs tekken us 2.0 has diferent values; i has to be debugged manually again, anyway this series i updating codes (already finished ace combat 4 usa,jap,eur ***pending post) i going to take a look in that version but i think a code is available in thread or other threads for PAL version.
@Kazpachi-[b]@zen834: [/b]check if games "really need no interleacing code" (read some post back) about jump image up>down>up... test, if image not jump up,down a "no interleace code" do nothing in this type games, if images jump up, down try easy part in my tutorial (signature), i dont have that games for test, or better activate the new antiblur option and deinterleacing auto (by default activated) in pcsx2 now many games look same or fine with this options instead use a "no interleacing code".
I request Samurai Warriors Xtreme Legends (SLUS-21080) (CRC 0442B1BD)
Dynasty Warriors 4 (USA) SLUS_206.53;1) CRC = 0x6C89132B - (UNDUB) CRC = 0x6C881C2B
-sharp backubuffer (menu only)
-no interleacing call
!!rename file if using USA clean version (withow undub patch) look crc match file.

this game is "field rendered type" half image is 640x224 - x2,  so is better to play in HW mode and least 2x+ res, SW gameplay looks blocky, also enabled full 640x448 sharper main menu.

@Passion Wagon: that game is from koei too, maybe same 3d engine, same parameters, it take a look some days.
RC Revenge Pro NTSC-U
(07-14-2022, 08:05 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]@mirh: sometimes codes area position not mach in ps2 ram between regions because some games has diferent mips functions, args implemented etc (versions like 1.0, 2.0 etc) example tekken tag jap 1.0 vs tekken us 2.0 has diferent values; i has to be debugged manually again, anyway this series i updating codes (already finished ace combat 4 usa,jap,eur ***pending post) i going to take a look in that version but i think a code is available in thread or other threads for PAL version.
@felixthecat1970 it is my understanding that there's really just one version of the games (or if not any anyway, nobody mentioned the "PlayStation 2 The Best" collection ones here).
Then, after looking left and right in the forums and elsewhere, I could indeed see one dude converting your own patches for AC4, but the others are still helpless.

Also, if their first PS2 title had unused progressive mode code left in, I'm wondering if that couldn't apply to the later two entries too?
Your cheat seems to be pretty more refined than asasega's (more or less detailed in the first 6 pages of this thread), does it make for a better result than the simple nops?
Samurai Warriors 1
Samurai Warriors 1 Xtreme Legends
Samurai Warriors 2
Samurai Warriors 2 Xtreme legends
Warriors Orochi

All NTSC-U versions
(07-15-2022, 04:28 PM)mirh Wrote: [ -> ]@felixthecat1970 it is my understanding that there's really just one version of the games (or if not any anyway, nobody mentioned the "PlayStation 2 The Best" collection ones here).
Then, after looking left and right in the forums and elsewhere, I could indeed see one dude converting your own patches for AC4, but the others are still helpless.

Also, if their first PS2 title had unused progressive mode code left in, I'm wondering if that couldn't apply to the later two entries too?
Your cheat seems to be pretty more refined than asasega's (more or less detailed in the first 6 pages of this thread), does it make for a better result than the simple nops?
is possible port between version sometimes easy with tutorial available other need to do all again (tekken tag version 1.2 .. i dont remember now) and other methods exist but too cumbersome (match ram diferences between versions is other method), i already finish the shinobido series maybe take this series next for revised codes, already end ace combat 4  upgrade codes for test and yes progressive codes are possible games not activate or dont have it all sometimes helps (better image) or cause bugs; about code tagging can be better but on my case i have thousand notes, comments in mixed langs that cleaning or tagging codes correctly can be long days of work so in the end better send test codes in clean format for test. (already did old codes but spend many hours cleanig code tagging).
Actually nevermind, I just tested the @nifengyxia port and it seems broken.
(to note: yours that I managed to try on the NTSC-J release is just fine and in my brief testing wasn't different from the one in the OP that pcsx2 already ships)
(07-18-2022, 04:58 PM)mirh Wrote: [ -> ]Actually nevermind, I just tested the @nifengyxia port and it seems broken.
(to note: yours that I managed to try on the NTSC-J release is just fine and in my brief testing wasn't different from the one in the OP that pcsx2 already ships)

keep in mind all ace combat series codes from this thread are "sharp backbuffer codes" that type codes are best because show sharper - clean full frame render instead "downgraded" half image which s passed to final output imageetc, one effects is not interleacing (interleacing still happen background in the "deafult" frame but we dont see it that), many codes will this thread last year will fail (the progressive type mostly) because wrong assumtion in the code hack function and recent year accuracy fixes in PCSX2, other codes will do nothing or look similar withow using "no interleacing codes" because new fixes in PCSX2 in interleacing and new feature antiblur many game looks same or better withow or with this option, couple still look good because they are sharp buffer codes, effects codes enhaced, other look same (mostly the scehalfoffset type) others will do nothing or crash , the recopiled PCSX2 codes i think maybe was last year, still is hard work to find and copile all codes this thread and other thread they are scaterred in 60fps, widescreen, cheats thread too, in the end for have updated codes or other codes search all mentioned threads, good you can use that codes i did (still they missing code corrections)
(07-15-2022, 09:13 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]Dynasty Warriors 4 (USA) SLUS_206.53;1) CRC = 0x6C89132B - (UNDUB) CRC = 0x6C881C2B
-sharp backubuffer (menu only)
-no interleacing call
!!rename file if using USA clean version (withow undub patch) look crc match file.

this game is "field rendered type" half image is 640x224 - x2,  so is better to play in HW mode and least 2x+ res, SW gameplay looks blocky, also enabled full 640x448 sharper main menu.

@Passion Wagon: that game is from koei too, maybe same 3d engine, same parameters, it take a look some days.

Awesome, thank you!