..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Samurai Warriors 2 Empires NTSC-U (SLUS-21585) 3D3D9A58

// no interlacing
patch=1,EE,00102168,word,30420000
Would like to request a no interlace code for BloodRayne 2 SLUS-20862 and Garouden Breakblow - Fist Or Twist (NTSC-J) (SLPS-25747).  Thanks in advance.
Hello everybody! It's my first post here. please Would like to request a no interlace code for
SLPM-66409 Street Fighter Zero Fighters Generation or SLUS-21317 Street Fighter Alpha Anthology and SLUS-20949 Street Fighter Anniversary Collection (3rd Strike and Hyper SF). Thank you so much  Biggrin

Hello there!

The game Valkyrie Profile 2 - Silmeria [PAL-G] (SLES_546.46 / CRC = B65E141B) also needs a No-Interlacing-Patch since Bob bff and Bob tff does not work properly anymore at the latest dev builds for this game. I will create an extra thread with this issue.

Thanks in advance! Smile
WWE Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth would be much appreciated.
reminding people many games not require "no interleacing" codes; for know if your game need it read my signature -OLD. No inter. turorial- or look start thread for guidelines, game list; the street figther mentioned not need for no intrleacing codes because they run in (full frame mode) so no jumping image up>down when interleacing option is disabled-enabled; but looking on my old codes i have "QoL" code for super street figther anthology (USA) autoboot progressive mode which disable some blur, and combined with my PCSX2-QT gameprofile with my prefered mode for pixel art image and performance fix.

Street Fighter Alpha Anthology (USA) SLUS_213.17;1) Game CRC = 0x72CE7A78
+
Autoboot progressive mode (not need for combo button)
+add custom profile for recomended option in PCSX2-QT (you can turn off CRT shader in view>gameproperties>...OSD)
*download file and uncompress in your PCSX2-QT version

@Khi: you can test the PAL-UK codes from my last year post or look for agrippa new codes posted some moths ago (maybe they match for German version too), also you can try new feature PCSX2-QT - Nigthly "antiblur" maybe works ok.

@USER-PCSX2: like i said last year someone make codes for bios, also if you look my signature you can do it using step 2.1.. , but loking things i have test for that bios version :
Code:
//usa bios 2.03 test - use default crc filename 00000000
patch=0,EE,002075D0,extended,30630000 //unknow if require constand rewrite
keep in mind 00000000 filename share ram overwrite settings across other bios and unknow games.

--for other mentioned games check back post if they already have code "use search thread option", or try new feature "antiblur" in offcial nigthly PCSX2 releases, if not works or really need codes i will take a look next weeks.
for people still looking here after release nigthly PCSX2-Qt / wxwidgets ( v1.7.3000 )
"many" this codes will not work because code correction in PCSX2 how read correctly the video mode signals (and respond question why this patches not seems to work in real hardware too), like Asasega comment starting this thread many this patches rely in hack / patch / remove the sceGsSetHalfoffset function;
 in resume the mayority this codes (based on hack sceGShalfoffset) is a hack taking advantage from "something" incorrect in PCSX2 code, now the correct behaviur was find and fixed; i comment this before people start flowing thread with issues - comenting, this is the main cause i can give to lees tech users.

For looking no interleacing alike codes many this codes works ok (the codes who rely in sharp backbuffer, disabling blur, effects etc and codes enable SDTV modes, 480p etc), doing some tests past year and this month i find enabling 480p mode, unlocking it or reworked the SDTV / progressive video function in games as alternative, the interleacing is disabled, still this codes need "workaround fix etc " because videos in progressive modes in reworked / call sdtv function, games start crashing after PCSX2 v.1.7.2841 code correction too).

so, my advise now is:
- want to use this OLD patches : use release PCSX2 v1.7.2999 =<

-
some this OLD game codes crash in videos use release PCSX2 v1.7.2840 =<

- using the new updates PCSX2-Qt / wxwidgets ( v1.7.3000 ) =>

- Enable deinterleacing "automatic" + new "antiblur" option works (by default enabled). many games start looking same as old "no interleacing" codes.
- use codes with "native 480p tv modes" or enable in game 480p - progressive scan secret combo button (web search is your friend too) using CHEATS section works ok.
- or rework codes to better hack (more late)

EDIT: workaround aplied and working old codes work as always, but still some couple codes do nothing, no work or crash, my advice codes related to hack "sceGshalfoffset" is better rework in to SDTV / 480p / progressive scan codes codes
They will work again as of 1.7.3005
(06-25-2022, 05:57 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]They will work again as of 1.7.3005

i believe is not neccesary cluter, slow the PCSX2 development trying to add compactibility for this "hacks" because based on my test reworking this codes to bettter codes can do the same withow slow the emualtor development, and my late hours test many hacks still work ok (as corrected comment in my last post) anyway sorry @Refraction if my fast (bad english) write alert some people that was no my intention, but i agree we need to prefer accuracy emulation that hacky ways to emulate, anyway solutions is available for people like this codes hacks i coment next.

i advice for more tech alike people to start finding code counterparts for this OLD codes adressing the SDTV progressive video modes instead sceGShalfoffsett function because:
-correct behaviur on real hardware as **ny documents said PAL - NTSC is recomended in interlaced signal (but can use alternate progressive NTSC -PAL too)
-in many games i test looking SDTV mode codes adresses the interleasing after effect (so no interleacing work also in real hardware too)
-sharp backbuffer, effect removal etc codes works ok   (Rolleyes when "we" start to combine this kind of codes with no interleacing...)

i intend to update o devise a tutorial for common user after the "Debugger" mergue is completed in PCSX2-QT, meanwhile use "how to find 480p codes in my old-dated tutorial", use OPL homebrew, GSM, or visit http://ps2wide.net/  nemessis2000 have some codes and teach other way to enable progressive scan modes in games; and not forget test your game if really need no interlacing because the new deinterleacing automatic + antiblur (enabled by default) do the same so this do nothing (already look in street fighter III, Garouden Breakblow, they not need this type of codes) WWE Smackdown! Shut Your Mouth has debug symbols and is easy to disable it (still this game has weird resolutions need more testing).
I have been having a issue with never build off pcsx2

trying to run Shin Megami Tensei Digital Devil Saga 2 with a progressive scan cheat causes the game to crash after the first in-game cutscene and there is also no audio during in-game cutscenes (pre rendered cutscenes work fine)

The last version off pcsx2 that wokred was 1.7.2840
I have attached the progressive scan code and log file for pcsx2 version 1.7.2840 and 1.7.2841
Quote://comment=Progressive Scan Mode (Altimor)
patch=1,EE,0032A408,word,00000000 // NOP out old interlaced field switch
patch=1,EE,0032DF10,word,00000000 // Another field switch here that needs to be NOP'd to prevent post processing effects from getting misaligned when entering and leaving menus
patch=1,EE,00348C24,word,24110000 // addiu $s1, 0, 0x00 Patch sceGsResetGraph arguments to set 480p
patch=1,EE,00348C28,word,24120050 // addiu $s2, 0, 0x50
patch=1,EE,00348C2C,word,24020001 // addiu $s3, 0, 0x01

[attachment=75619]
[attachment=75621]
Sorry if this post is hard to understand, english isn't my native language