..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-18-2024, 09:25 PM)Agrippa Wrote: [ -> ]Improved no interlacing patches for Champions of Norrath and Champions: Return to Arms. Let's use an internal game engine feature instead. Read the comments included in the .pnach file for technical details. Let's see how the 2x2 SSAA frame buffers are set:
NTSC: 1280x448 back buffer -> 640x224 front buffer
PAL: 1024x512 back buffer -> 512x255 front buffer
If we disable the interlacing, we will get a lowres image. But the game engine does support a 30 fps performance mode with a 2xSSAA, instead of 2x2:
NTSC: 1280x448 back buffer -> 640x448 front buffer
PAL: 1024x512 back buffer -> 512x509 front buffer
We are going to use this mode, but with 60 frames per second!

Few personal remarks:
1. Snowblind Engine is a technical marvel, but needs a decent art direction to look phenomenal. But on the CRT unfortunately, as it was designed for interlaced screens. The image quality does really, really suck. You need to force bilinear filtering to fix the sprites (a hacky way indeed) and fiddle with Round Sprite (Half) and Half-Pixel Offset (Special) settings to reduce the awful lines when uprendering. Blending Accuracy needs to be set to High for more accurate colours.
2. Regular no interlacing codes are bad, since the games are designed with the interlacing in mind. Adaptive deinterlacing is a way to go, losing the half of pixels is not.
3. 60 fps patches with speed modifiers are evil. I see ugly patches with separate modifiers for physics, camera, animation, footstep, menus, etc. Fixed timestep is a *****, you know what, to fix. They never made the FFX/X-2 HD for anything more than 30 fps.

@Agrippa
Is it possible to keep it at 30 fps but with full frame no-interlace mode? Im trying to run on PS4 emulator and unfortunately slowdown is too much trying to push 60fps.
(02-19-2024, 01:21 AM)Gabominated Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, those 60fps patches are horrible is similar to ws patch with no render and there is a looooooot, but maybe one day those patch will be finished by someone else, I mean if somebody still working there is a hope

My point is they are broken by design. If the game logic and/or physics are tied to the frame rate (fixed timestep, more correctly), you will do more harm than good by doubling the VBLANK interval. I was quite surprised when I saw your FFXII patch. This game should support 60 FPS in theory, judging by the TZA release. PS2 JAP IZJS release does support quadruple speed mode with the 30 FPS, so the game speed should be configurable.

(02-26-2024, 03:37 AM)drobovik Wrote: [ -> ]@Agrippa
Is it possible to keep it at 30 fps but with full frame no-interlace mode? Im trying to run on PS4 emulator and unfortunately slowdown is too much trying to push 60fps.
Yes, it is. Just use the first three memory patches.
(02-26-2024, 11:05 PM)Agrippa Wrote: [ -> ]My point is they are broken by design. If the game logic and/or physics are tied to the frame rate (fixed timestep, more correctly), you will do more harm than good by doubling the VBLANK interval. I was quite surprised when I saw your FFXII patch. This game should support 60 FPS in theory, judging by the TZA release. PS2 JAP IZJS release does support quadruple speed mode with the 30 FPS, so the game speed should be configurable.

My point is you have rights to said you personal remark but with respect, there are people trying and learning and maybe never makes a full patch because there are games needs a entire restructuring, as we know people can try, by the way I tried one of your patch and doesn't work, GT4 PAL, now you see, not even you can makes a completed patch of 480p
GT4 patch does work correctly, exactly like the USA version. It does enable 16-bit full height front buffer in the single player races. Why should I force 480p mode in the PAL optimised release? I see no benefits, but drawbacks, like speeding up the gameplay, music or breaking the FMV playback. Video mode does not matter, rather how does the game set its frame buffers.
(02-26-2024, 11:05 PM)Agrippa Wrote: [ -> ]@Agrippa

Thanks for the tip, @Agrippa. Working good. Any chance of the same treatment for Fallout Brotherhood of Steel (same Snowblind engine)?
Not quite the same - based on the BGLaughA version before the Snowblind Studios vs Interplay legal dispute.

1. Snowblind Engine "1.0" (no 25/30 fps mode) - Dark Alliance, Dark Alliance 2, Fallout, The Bard's Tale.
2. Snowblind Engine "2.0" (25/30 fps support) - Champions of Norrath, Champions: Return to Arms, Justice League Heroes, Combat Elite: WWII Paratroopers.
(01-14-2024, 07:00 PM)RadiantAnsel Wrote: [ -> ]Hey all, could I ask a no-interlacing patch for the Japanese release of Tekken Tag Tournament? (I own the 3.00 disc)

Lastly, I've heard about "autoboot" files, to avoid doing the button combo on games to activate Progressive Scan.
Could these be made for Gundam vs Z Gundam, and Gundam Rengou vs ZAFT II PLUS? (Both Japanese versions as well)

Thanks so much in advance.
New codes for autoboot progressive scan that games , available in my repor (check my signature) Rolleyes

Psyvariar 2 - Ultimate Final (Japan) SLPM_625.62;1) Game CRC = 0x1F4885FB

+Enable full frame mode 640x224> 640x448 (better image)

graphic bugs are related to PCSX2-QT emulation, already reported in git.
Nice! Thank you
Shmups and specially vertical shmups deserve more love!
request time! These are the worst challengers IMHO
Homura
Psyvariar - complete collection
Radirguy
Raiden 3
Trizeal
Xll Stag

I'm really interested by your full frame enable mode but I'm more a Hex patcher than a debugger man
Are those ones quite complex to find?
What about a little tutorial?
Thx
Quote:Polaroid Pete [PAL]

gametitle=Polaroid Pete

[No Interlacing]
author=raceywacey
patch=1,EE,2017D1BC,extended,00000000
new pnach for Tenchun 3 SLUS 203.97

[Remove blur effects]
patch=1,EE,20155D3C,word,1000001C
patch=1,EE,20155D90,word,10000022