..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
You can remove the blur filter for Tekken 5 PAL in 50hz, but you get left with half the screen. There has to be a way to stay in 50hz and remove the blur filter. But I have no idea how to fix the half-screen issue. See my screenshot below.

Using the code patch=1,EE,001023D0,word,00000000 removes the blur in 50hz, but causes half screen.
(02-02-2023, 02:42 PM)BevP902 Wrote: [ -> ]I run Tekken 5 netplay events and I need to be running in 50hz for lower input delay. Is there anyway to get rid of the blurry filter in 50hz? Your progressive scan mode is great, but 480p forces the game into 60hz which we can't really use for online play.

sorry but i disagree in your reasoning but less fps means more input lag and you fps perception is because altered 50fps PAL 3d engine, tekken 5 was developed at 60fps internal / 60hz arcade, usa / japan and should be running same speed was developed at arcade namco system 256 at 60hz wich arcade is based in PS2 hardware, still the ps2 consumer version crop vertical resolution at 448 (instead arcade is vertical 480) running the game at 50fps give timings off not intended by developers but adapted to PAL consumer tvs therefore alter timings movements etc, almost any figthing game from era and now is prefered at 60fps/60hz or internal 60fps cap because timings witch is developed commonly, people who enjoy competitive figthing games dont like the PAL versions because this slow correction "speed wise" adapt to consumer 50hz pals TVs, also many games i debugged the pal version stretch the image (games who i find the internal buffer stretch 640x448 > 640x512 512x448> add the more blurry nature because stretch the image), about progressive scan code only i publish only unlock mips calls functions disabled for PAL version (for time, debug, planning etc etc common that time for PAL ports); my personal recomendation for input lag that i personaly use in PCSX2 is vsync off, freeesync monitor (for screen cut artifacts) also modern drivers for controllers as ds4hidmini, sdl, more hardcore friends use crts, pvms with jamma controller adaptations and rgb mods.
more info about arcade version look documentation here : http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_ma...e=tekken5d
i see that code alter a incorrect reg write the common sce function for frame addres (i think call the sharp backbuffer), half screen is because game in interlaced mode run in "field render mode = 640x256 for PAL" and is calling wrong paremeter you need to find debug find register call the full frame mode (still is calling the field mode) find it here the math operation result is here 001DF210 ram area change to val 3 to 1 but still the game will run altered in 50fps speed is not correct pass values i not recomend this; instead  when code i publish calls progressive scan functions developed for the programers the game run in correct full frame mode 640x448 full frame mode operations (it should be 640x480 but for memory constrains or performance reasons the executable calls was configured to this value same USA / JAPAN versions), in resume the better mode for play tekken 5 quality and speed in modern monitors edtv is the progressive scan mode i publish and for crts monitors / tvs pvms is normal 60hz interlaced mode.
(02-02-2023, 02:43 PM)jonaand Wrote: [ -> ]i'm trying with
silent hill 4 the room PAL SLES-52445

using the search method with the ELF tool provid @felixthecat1970
with this
Search Box:
002C0500 2000B2FF 00340600 1000B1FF 003C0700
Replace Box:
0000053C 2000B2FF 5000063C 1000B1FF 0100073C

i've found

Code:
patch=1,EE,0010025c,word,3c050000 //00052c00
patch=1,EE,00100264,word,3c060050 //00063400
patch=1,EE,0010026c,word,3c070001 //00073c00

and using this i've found
Search Box:
4000838C 0800E003 0000628C 00000000
Replace Box:
4000838C 0800E003 01000224 00000000

Code:
patch=1,EE,0010afa0,word,24020001 //8c620000

if you join now emulator show progressive 480p sdtv
but the image is cropped

anyway to fix this with?
thanks
That is because missing PAL to NTSC size logic corrections also that game internal frame is 512x448 or > 512x512; method i publish 2 years ago is based in nemesis2000 search common sceGSresetg function and patch alter the function as last step before do maths operations; in my test some months ago i analize how ps2 calls this values and my concluision that method is incorrect method for call progressive functions (works some games but others give bugs , crash fmv or altered sizes) also i still missing critical registers change the frame sizes, also that game is PAL only mode so you going to have bugs or incorrect logic (progressive scan is intended for NTSC 640x448/480 frame buffer) PAL mode only have documented the 640x512p call tv mode but no PAL game exist use this (some PAL games that have native progressive scan mode call the ntsc values instead) also the game run in full frame mode son not necessary use progressive scan, still that game has a sharp backbuffer mode i think i publish code 2 years ago, anyway i have some interesting codes for that game but i inted to relase couple o moths (when i have some free time)
(02-03-2023, 05:03 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]sorry but i disagree in your reasoning but less fps means more input lag and you fps perception is because altered 50fps PAL 3d engine, tekken 5 was developed at 60fps internal / 60hz arcade, usa / japan and should be running same speed was developed at arcade namco system 256 at 60hz wich arcade is based in PS2 hardware, still the ps2 consumer version crop vertical resolution at 448 (instead arcade is vertical 480) running the game at 50fps give timings off not intended by developers but adapted to PAL consumer tvs therefore alter timings movements etc, almost any figthing game from era and now is prefered at 60fps/60hz or internal 60fps cap because timings witch is developed commonly, people who enjoy competitive figthing games dont like the PAL versions because this slow correction "speed wise" adapt to consumer 50hz pals TVs, also many games i debugged the pal version stretch the image (games who i find the internal buffer stretch 640x448 > 640x512 512x448> add the more blurry nature because stretch the image), about progressive scan code only i publish only unlock mips calls functions disabled for PAL version (for time, debug, planning etc etc common that time for PAL ports); my personal recomendation for input lag that i personaly use in PCSX2 is vsync off, freeesync monitor (for screen cut artifacts) also modern drivers for controllers as ds4hidmini, sdl, more hardcore friends use crts, pvms with jamma controller adaptations and rgb mods.
more info about arcade version look documentation here : http://adb.arcadeitalia.net/dettaglio_ma...e=tekken5d
i see that code alter a incorrect reg write the common sce function for frame addres (i think call the sharp backbuffer), half screen is because game in interlaced mode run in "field render mode = 640x256 for PAL" and is calling wrong paremeter you need to find debug find register call the full frame mode (still is calling the field mode) find it here the math operation result is here 001DF210 ram area change to val 3 to 1 but still the game will run altered in 50fps speed is not correct pass values i not recomend this; instead  when code i publish calls progressive scan functions developed for the programers the game run in correct full frame mode 640x448 full frame mode operations (it should be 640x480 but for memory constrains or performance reasons the executable calls was configured to this value same USA / JAPAN versions), in resume the better mode for play tekken 5 quality and speed in modern monitors edtv is the progressive scan mode i publish and for crts monitors / tvs pvms is normal 60hz interlaced mode.
I think you've completely misunderstood me here about the whole netplay and input lag thing, I was talking about a netplay client and why being in 50hz was better for a netcode reason with this custom netcode client for PCSX2. I do know this as I've tested it. Other than that, thank you for your comment, I still need to be in 50hz and I dont want 480p. So any pointers for that are greatly appreciated. I just want to remove the blur filter in 50hz

patch=1,EE,001023D0,word,001DF210 - Still half screen, much sharper though, no blur
(01-22-2022, 01:36 AM)Terrence7522 Wrote: [ -> ]Request: Tenchu San NTSC-J (SLPS-25234)

Curious about 480p vs deinterlacing...Which looks better?

Has anyone deinterlaced this Japanese version of Tenchu 3 yet?
(02-03-2023, 10:15 AM)BevP902 Wrote: [ -> ]I think you've completely misunderstood me here about the whole netplay and input lag thing, I was talking about a netplay client and why being in 50hz was better for a netcode reason with this custom netcode client for PCSX2. I do know this as I've tested it. Other than that, thank you for your comment, I still need to be in 50hz and I dont want 480p. So any pointers for that are greatly appreciated. I just want to remove the blur filter in 50hz

patch=1,EE,001023D0,word,001DF210 - Still half screen, much sharper though, no blur
playing online capped to 50fps? still for a figthing game is not ideal experience but well, part the blurry nature of game is related to game in PAL run in in a mode named "field mode" give half image in scanout to 640x256 (strech) and the next scanout (vsync) show in other half screen default designed (also for performance reason, use interlaced signal in the crt era, etc etc) in crt looks fine but hd monitors i will be visible the "blurry" because stretch image and change image each second up > down (this is by desing so no much to do) really is not a "blur" filter but a afteeffect because this but some "arenas" the game have a blur posteffect (the moonligth, burning temple, others )
 you can try apply the crc hack option in pcsx2  (i dont know if still is applied or was removed new version ) for  remove post effects included blur, the other thing that game really uses all ps2 memory changing game modes cleaning ram with new code overwriting changes you do with codes, so it need to use "conditional codes" when use codes, i going to check my notes related to the PAL version if something can be done.

UPDATE;
[attachment=76651]

the codes you want are this, calling sharp backbuffer instead front buffer  in PAL mode
, the black bottom image in attachemnt is because clean buffer is 640x448 (in PAL mode is streched to 640x512) also hack function and pass correct values so you will have 640x448 PAL 50fps (not the correct params but works)
Code:
//Test display sharp backbuffer in PAL mode by felixthecat1970 - code can be buggy because wrong params
patch=1,EE,E003B0F0,extended,01FFEF20
patch=1,EE,2034B3FC,extended,0000182D
patch=1,EE,2033075C,extended,0000382D
patch=1,EE,2034B458,extended,240601C0

@Terrence7522 that game is a field render type only, you better off with PCSX2 deinterlaced auto+ antiblur, a old interlaced code do the same or less, and progressive scan till now is not possible
(02-04-2023, 04:25 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]playing online capped to 50fps? still for a figthing game is not ideal experience but well, part the blurry nature of game is related to game in PAL run in in a mode named "field mode" give half image in scanout to 640x256 (strech) and the next scanout (vsync) show in other half screen default designed (also for performance reason, use interlaced signal in the crt era, etc etc) in crt looks fine but hd monitors i will be visible the "blurry" because stretch image and change image each second up > down (this is by desing so no much to do) really is not a "blur" filter but a afteeffect because this but some "arenas" the game have a blur posteffect (the moonligth, burning temple, others )
 you can try apply the crc hack option in pcsx2  (i dont know if still is applied or was removed new version ) for  remove post effects included blur, the other thing that game really uses all ps2 memory changing game modes cleaning ram with new code overwriting changes you do with codes, so it need to use "conditional codes" when use codes, i going to check my notes related to the PAL version if something can be done.

UPDATE;

the codes you want are this, calling sharp backbuffer instead front buffer  in PAL mode
, the black bottom image in attachemnt is because clean buffer is 640x448 (in PAL mode is streched to 640x512) also hack function and pass correct values so you will have 640x448 PAL 50fps (not the correct params but works)
Code:
//Test display sharp backbuffer in PAL mode by felixthecat1970 - code can be buggy because wrong params
Very sharp and clean, thank you Felix.
(12-25-2022, 06:12 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]Merry Christmas everyone!
Capcom vs Snk 2 SLUS_202.46;1) Game CRC = 0x15149318
Capcom vs. SNK 2 - Millionaire Fighting 2001 (Japan) SLPM_650.47;1) Game CRC = 0xB54C0319

- +Enable Full Frame Mode 640x448 (instead original 640x224)
- +Autoboot - rebuild Progressive Scan video mode (for interlaced crt setups / hardware use "for-console-composite" folder cheats)  **untested but should work ok in consoles with composite cables (let me know).
- +Interlacing is disabled in progressive mode and frame mode run withow jittery image
+ added PCSX2-QT profiles "gamesettings.7z" with recomended settings for HD play
!!! check twitter for custom PS4 build guide if you want to test
!!! recomended in PCSX2 emulator disable Dithering option for sharper image and use scaling options !!!

same engine as marvel vs capcom 2 (and game has debug symbols too), so port it and enabled full frame mode looks better, no use interlacing, blurry-shaky image and run full frame 640x448 instead field mode 640x224; code i did  some months ago so clean code and publish now; still missing some registers for full arcade 640x480 but looks fine.

Felix,

Is it possible to increase the resolution only(full frame mode) for Capcom vs SNK 2 (US version)?

This is one of the few games that actually looks sharp on my PS3 without any hacks or activating progressive scan mode. It can greatly benefit from the increased render resolution as the background models can have some pretty jarring edges.
(02-04-2023, 04:25 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]playing online capped to 50fps? still for a figthing game is not ideal experience but well, part the blurry nature of game is related to game in PAL run in in a mode named "field mode" give half image in scanout to 640x256 (strech) and the next scanout (vsync) show in other half screen default designed (also for performance reason, use interlaced signal in the crt era, etc etc) in crt looks fine but hd monitors i will be visible the "blurry" because stretch image and change image each second up > down (this is by desing so no much to do) really is not a "blur" filter but a afteeffect because this but some "arenas" the game have a blur posteffect (the moonligth, burning temple, others )

UPDATE;

Code:

@Terrence7522 that game is a field render type only, you better off with PCSX2 deinterlaced auto+ antiblur, a old interlaced code do the same or less, and progressive scan till now is not possible

Do I need the latest release do to auto deinterlacing + autoblur?  PCSX2 1.6 only shows automatic frame blending.

**Edit: I just got the newest release of PCSX2 and i used those options and selected the deinterlace patch. Certainly looks better on this version than 1.6
I would recommend moving to the latest nightly. A TON of improvements have been implemented since v1.6