..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: No interlacing codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would someone be able to make a code for Dynasty Warriors 6 (USA) ?
I know it's not the greatest in the series but it would be nice to have no interlacing codes for all the DW games.
Thanks in advance (I gotta learn how to do this myself when I have the time)
Could somebody make a code for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (NTSC-U)? I would really appreciate it.
(07-22-2022, 01:04 PM)RODAROLADA Wrote: [ -> ]Could somebody make a code for Shin Megami Tensei: Persona 3 FES (NTSC-U)? I would really appreciate it.

that game not need "no interleacing codes" like many others; remember not all games use or need this "no interleacing" mayority games now looks same or better with  default automatic deinterleacing and antiblur options (enabled by default) .
(07-22-2022, 08:43 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]that game not need "no interleacing codes" like many others; remember not all games use or need this "no interleacing" mayority games now looks same or better with  default automatic deinterleacing and antiblur options (enabled by default) .

Yeah, I tried out some of the settings and it works now. Sorry
Hey y'all! I haven't been by in a couple years so I went back through the last 30 or so pages looking for patches for stuff that I'd asked for a while back - got a couple so thanks! Below is what I have marked on my list as still needing some form of deinterlacing i.e. I'm using something other than auto, normally one of the Bob modes. NTSC-U in all cases. Thanks in advance!

Armored Core: Silent Line
Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance
Bombastic
Chulip
Cocoto Fishing Master
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse
Deep Water
Devil May Cry (I believe this one got a patch a long time ago but it was inconsistent/buggy)
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (I saw a non NTSC-U patch for this a while back but not NTSC-U that I could find)
Disgaea 2
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Flipnic
Haven: Call of the King
Jade Cocoon 2
Kengo: Master of Bushido
The Mark of Kri
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Onimusha: Warlords (I think I saw a patch for the PAL version of this a while back)
Radiata Stories
Reel Fishing III
Rise of Kasai
Road Trip
Shadow Tower: Abyss
Shin Megami Tensei: Devil Summoner
Spartan: Total Warrior
Star Ocean: Till The End of Time
Tekken 5
Valkyrie Profile 2
War of the Monsters
Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land
XGIII: Extreme G Racing
(07-22-2022, 08:47 PM)RODAROLADA Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I tried out some of the settings and it works now. Sorry

not worry, anyway some couple weeks ago i was debugging this game and unlock the progressive scan mode for this series (included the PAL versions)
-Persona 3 FES (Usa) SLUS_216.21;1) Game CRC = 0x94A82AAA
-Persona 3 FES (Japan) SLPM_666.90;1) Game CRC = 0x232C7D72
-Persona 3 FES (Europe) SLES_553.54;1) Game CRC = 0xF64A6AE5
Patched Game versions tested:
-Europe based - Patch Translation (SPA 1.1) Game CRC = 0xE168844E
-USA based - Patch (UNDUB) (English remix v1) Game CRC = 0x970A82A2
-USA based - Patch (UNDUB) (Spanish 1.1b) Game CRC = 0x0033A2C2

!!!! for patched versions rename files according game (base) region. !!!
!!!! not tested longplays but working ok events, battles etc , still exist possibility "maybe" cause bugs or crash (not finished game yet). !!!

Notes:
PAL (Europe) patch unlock 60hz progressive mode 30fps with game speed ok (equal ntsc version observed in test) but still miss verticall image correction, so i will run in internal 640x512 resolution (instead correct 640x448) in PS2 consoles you will look missing 16pixel top/bottom image, for emulation PC, ps3, ps4 it should look ok; (make sure disable deinterleacing to "none" in PC emulation, easy use gameconfig profile file in PCSX2-QT; also look for similar option in ps4, ps3)

When combinning this codes with others (like widescreen) etc, make sure "not use OLD progressive codes" or "60 fps" (they are buggy) because codes only hack partial function in executable, that codes have bugs or crash in gameplay in tested versions.
(07-24-2022, 10:41 PM)Zombeaver Wrote: [ -> ]Hey y'all! I haven't been by in a couple years so I went back through the last 30 or so pages looking for patches for stuff that I'd asked for a while back - got a couple so thanks! Below is what I have marked on my list as still needing some form of deinterlacing i.e. I'm using something other than auto, normally one of the Bob modes. NTSC-U in all cases. Thanks in advance!

Armored Core: Silent Line
Bombastic
Chulip
Cocoto Fishing Master
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse
Deep Water
Devil May Cry (I believe this one got a patch a long time ago but it was inconsistent/buggy)
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition (I saw a non NTSC-U patch for this a while back but not NTSC-U that I could find)
Disgaea 2
Eternal Ring
Evergrace
Flipnic
Jade Cocoon 2
The Mark of Kri
Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks
Onimusha: Warlords (I think I saw a patch for the PAL version of this a while back)
Radiata Stories
Reel Fishing III
Rise of Kasai
Road Trip
Shadow Tower: Abyss
Spartan: Total Warrior
Tekken 5
Valkyrie Profile 2
War of the Monsters
Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land
now many advancements, features in PCSX2, like antiblur, deinterleacing "auto" helps and games look same or better that using "not interleacing codes" so "no interleacing codes" is not needed "almost" anymore, only couple games benefit mainly the sharp backbuffer ones and progressive scan mode, or graphic related (no blurr, no dof etc) keep in mind this kind codes are not "no interleacing" but affect the up,doum,up image; many this codes are scaterret in this thread, 60fps, widescreen, cheat codes threads too if you looking for "enhaced" image codes. also accuracy improvements in emulation many codes will crash or give bugs (codes need to be reworked with correct parameters), still is better test game with default options deinterlacing auto and antiblur enabled;  for devil may cry series i have old codes (look signature) they works last year but now need to be reworked-updated (example devil 1 in pcsx2 now have fixed the hud graphic bug) still i going checks this series some weeks. also couple weeks i reworked some codes mentioned (scattered here, 60fps, widescreen etc)
(07-12-2022, 07:37 PM)Kazpachi Wrote: [ -> ]I have a request.
Can someone do code for Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2004 [SLUS-20757] CRC: 64F9781E?
I tried doing it myself, but without success.
Thanks.

https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-No-inter...#pid614576

Updated that post with 2004.  Cheers.
(07-25-2022, 01:35 AM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]now many advancements, features in PCSX2, like antiblur, deinterleacing "auto" helps and games look same or better that using "not interleacing codes" so "no interleacing codes" is not needed "almost" anymore, only couple games benefit mainly the sharp backbuffer ones and progressive scan mode, or graphic related (no blurr, no dof etc) keep in mind this kind codes are not "no interleacing" but affect the up,doum,up image; many this codes are scaterret in this thread, 60fps, widescreen, cheat codes threads too if you looking for "enhaced" image codes. also accuracy improvements in emulation many codes will crash or give bugs (codes need to be reworked with correct parameters), still is better test game with default options deinterlacing auto and antiblur enabled;  for devil may cry series i have old codes (look signature) they works last year but now need to be reworked-updated (example devil 1 in pcsx2 now have fixed the hud graphic bug) still i going checks this series some weeks. also couple weeks i reworked some codes mentioned (scattered here, 60fps, widescreen etc)

Yes, I understand. I'm using the latest 1.7.3~ version of PCSX2. I'm going to go back through them to verify which ones seem like they could still benefit from them. In the case of the ones below there was some discernable difference between Auto + antiblur and one of the Bob modes.

Bombastic (noticeable on the title screen)
Cocoto Fishing Master (noticeable on the title screen)
Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse (minor, but gameplay is sharper)
Deep Water (minor, but gameplay is sharper; sorry, I had said NTSC-U earlier but this game is PAL)

Armored Core: Silent Line, Beat Down: Fists of Vengeance, Chulip, and DMC 3 don't appear to benefit from specific deinterlacing modes over Auto + antiblur anymore (EDIT: see below post). Seems like in the case of DMC just setting deinterlacing to Off looks good now.

I'll keep going through the rest and report back.
Okay so I've gone through the entire list on latest. Overall Auto + antiblur works a hell of a lot better than Auto in older versions, so that's certainly a plus. That said, in each of these cases there was a better option, so some form of patch is still warranted. Whether or not that would be a proper no-interlacing patch or a sharp backbuffer, etc. I don't know, I'm just going purely by my own eyes. In some cases it wasn't a huge difference, or seemingly no difference when the image was still, but there was a noticeable difference in motion that makes it almost look like there's motion blur, whereas it isn't present with a Bob deinterlacing mode. Findings are below.

These are the ones where there was just a subtle difference between Auto + antiblur, which was really only noticeable in motion. It causes something akin to motion blur. In all cases, Bob bff was superior and eliminated the issue:

Chulip
Deep Water
Devil May Cry 3: Special Edition
Disgaea 2
Jade Cocoon 2
Radiata Stories
Reel Fishing III
Road Trip
Valkyrie Profile 2
War of the Monsters

This is everything else that didn't fall into that category:
  • Armored Core: Silent Line (looks best with Auto overall, but only because the UI elements shake slightly with Bob bff - there's a slight amount of motion blur with Auto that isn't present with Bob bff)
  • Bombastic (some elements are sharper with Bob bff, some shake)
  • Cocoto Fishing Master (looks better with Bob bff)
  • Dark Angel: Vampire Apocalypse (gameplay is a little sharper with Bob bff)
  • Flipnic (looks significantly better with Bob tff)
  • The Mark of Kri (looks significantly better with Bob tff)
  • Mortal Kombat: Shaolin Monks (looks a bit better with Bob bff, a few elements shake)
  • Onimusha: Warlords (There is something *very* strange going on with this one, it's as if the interlacing mode is being reset / ignored every time I boot the game and I have to manually cycle through the deinterlacing modes to get the right one even if it's set to the right one in the game's config before closing. It's as if the video has to sortof be "reinitialized" for it to kick in. I'm not sure what to make of it, and don't remember having this issue the last time I played it. It apparently has a no-interlacing patch included already by default, so I tried with and without it and it was the same issue either way. Very strange.)
  • Rise of Kasai (has interlacing issues in all modes, including auto - some elements shake in all modes, gameplay looks best with it set to off)
  • Shadow Tower: Abyss (issues in all modes, though Auto/blend looks best)
  • Spartan: Total Warrior (looks better with Bob bff)
  • Tekken 5 (has its own progressive mode which can be accessed in the options menu, so not really a big deal, without it though bob bff looks better)
  • Wizardry: Tale of the Forsaken Land (looks significantly better with Bob bff)
These look better with deinterlacing set to off now (no patch needed):

Devil May Cry
Eternal Ring
Evergrace

If it's any motivation, I maintain this project (https://github.com/Zombeaver/PCSX2-Configs) which was originally created prior to PCSX2 having its own internal mechanisms for per-game configs, so I'm now in the process of reworking them for 1.7.3+, using the gameconfigs functionality, and I always try to incorporate no-interlacing patches where possible. In the past I leveraged a plugin for Launchbox that allowed people to scan their games and then pull configs from my github when they matched, but that required people to have both Launchbox and an additional third-party plugin. Now anyone will be able to just grab a small zip and then drop them in and merge with their PCSX2 folder and be all set. Thank you guys for all you do!