..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-20-2014, 04:56 AM)Khronikos Wrote: [ -> ]-snip-

In settings you will find "Controller/Driver setup".
Is a tutorial with 3 steps on how to setup your DS4.
The problem is none of that is working. The other fork seems to work a bit so I guess I'll just keep trying some things. My last install was bluetooth and like I said this one wasn't getting along with just usb or maybe my adaptor IDK. Thanks for the help.

Probably something I messed up with SCP.
(12-20-2014, 04:56 AM)Khronikos Wrote: [ -> ]It would be nice if these forks could actually make a read me file for their own work, which would include full instructions and troubleshooting. I mean, new software and a nice read me so newer people don't have to go to three threads to look at everything they need. And even then these threads are a little confusing when someone is just searching for more obvious info. The good thing is I now updated my PC and went and cleaned it out in anticipation of this fork. So all good there.

I'm updating my bluetooth drivers from the manu.... my question is: I don't install the bluetooth from SCP Server on Scarlet's page? I still need to go back and use all of Scarlet's stuff correct for a new install from nothing? I would think so. It said WindowsDS4 does not need the bluetooth driver in that thing and I don't even know what it is.... I don't even want to use my BT dongle do I have to if I keep this totally USB?

Like I said most people with good software like this include a read me so they don't have to come back to forums every day. I certainly do not want to be bothering you any longer for things that could easily be explained with 5 minutes of text. Not your fault more of the fact the forks have taken over after two other main people. Just my 2 cents.

I can include a readme that's no problem. My fork comes with the driver on it's own, it's SCP's driver minus the ds3 and bluetooth driver (as the bluetooth driver overwrites your adapter to only work with the DS3). My advice is to uninstall the SCP's driver fully, then go to Controller/Driver Setup as bola recommended, and install from there.
So since Windows 10 doesn't let you hide the DS4 anymore, is there absolutely no way for me to do it manually?
Seems strange that there's no way at all to make windows not use a specific device. I get that the device needs to be enabled in order for DS4Windows to emulate the input as an xbox controller, but there has to be some way, right?
(12-20-2014, 10:10 PM)Flowz0r Wrote: [ -> ]So since Windows 10 doesn't let you hide the DS4 anymore, is there absolutely no way for me to do it manually?
Seems strange that there's no way at all to make windows not use a specific device. I get that the device needs to be enabled in order for DS4Windows to emulate the input as an xbox controller, but there has to be some way, right?

As far as I can tell no, of all things to grab it, it's the system, and being the system with the highest rights, you can't tell it to let go. The only way to have it let go is to kill the system (and those three don't tell you that's a bad idea, it's a really bad idea).

The only hope is reverting back to Windows 8, or hoping the next build of 10 has the service needed to stop the system from doing that.
Hey all! Having a problem here. Just installed on Win7 64bit Professional and everything seems to check out at first glance, but there is zero touchpad controls. No cursor navigation, no clicks on left, right, upper or multitouch. Like it doesn't even exist. Doesn't even open the "Select an action for Left/Right/Multi/Uppertouch" window when pressed in the "Profiles" tab.

I've tried running "DS4Windows.exe" in compatibility mode, as administrator, both. Ive updated my 360 input drivers, .NET framework, SCP drivers.

I am out of ideas. Can anyone offer any insight?
Hi J2K the latest versions are working great!
No issue to report.
I´m rocking scan code with Skyrim making all kinds of crazy profiles.
Next I´ll try to make a Mass effect 1/2/3 profile.

One thing that would be nice is the option for some ingame notification when switching profiles.
Maybe some sound choices or some overlay/push notification (not sure if windows have someting like that).
Was just wondering is there some way to have the lightbar off but then show the battery level when I tilt the controller up?
Thank you so much for this, I couldn't imagine anything better.
Is there a way to have the rainbow light when it's not charging? (sorry if this is an obvious setting, I just couldn't find it)
Also I can't find the setting for dragging using the trackpad.
Has anyone gotten more fluid mouse control with the joysticks? I only get pure up/down/left/right/ and diagonals. Am I missing something?

How is everyone coping the the wifi interference?
Can I get PS prompts in AssCreed Unity while using DS4Windows?
This application is almost perfect; but now that several games use PS button prompts as intended I'd like a way to launch games like Unity and Far Cry 4 without disabling or turning off DS4Windows. Is this possible? Is there a profile setting that would allow games to recognize the DS4 as a DS4 and not an xbox controller automatically? In other words I'd like AC Unity & far cry 4 to be able to use the DS4 touchpad AND display PS button prompts; when I launch those games now with DS4Windows running everything works fine but there are xbox button prompts. If I close DS4Windows and pair the controller natively with Windows 8.1 then these games show PS button prompts but I lose the touchpad capibility.

Also has anyone found replacement DualShock 4 buttons that resemble the xbox ones? As I don't have a playstation I figure that would solve all the problems; I have no need for the PS hieroglyphs!