..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-18-2015, 04:31 AM)Xngears Wrote: [ -> ]For number 3, what I mean is instead of having to press down on the trackpad (click it), I would like to just tap the outer area of the trackpad instead. If you've played Final Fantasy XIV on the PS4, that's what they use as the default for left clicking. I would prefer that rather than having to press down on the trackpad.

Thank you for the rest of the answers, I only have one more left: Is it possible to set a macro that acts as CTRL+ALT+DEL? Being able to open up Task Manager with a single combination press would be great.
Like I said, it's default.
Specifically; Left/Right touch is LMB, multitouch (two fingers) is RMB, and Middle touch (the top rounded part of the touchpad) is MMB
Ahh the inputs I was looking at are for pressing. Either way, it's still default. If it isn't working though, look for an option called "Tap" in the bottom left of the profile configuration screen.

Yes, you can set any input on the controller to a macro. When you go to change the input, there's a "Record Macro" button near the top right.
(05-18-2015, 04:42 AM)Youdrongo Wrote: [ -> ]Like I said, it's default.
Specifically; Left/Right touch is LMB, multitouch (two fingers) is RMB, and Middle touch (the top rounded part of the touchpad) is MMB
Ahh the inputs I was looking at are for pressing. Either way, it's still default. If it isn't working though, look for an option called "Tap" in the bottom left of the profile configuration screen.

Yes, you can set any input on the controller to a macro. When you go to change the input, there's a "Record Macro" button near the top right.

I see them now, thanks. It actually worked for me now, I don't know why I didn't get it working before.

There doesn't seem to be a way to change what the tap buttons do, though; if I wanted to make tapping the left trackpad for left click and the right trackpad for right click, I don't seem to have that option.

I tried to record a macro for CTRL+ALT+DEL, but it wouldn't work.
Yeah I struck that text, it's for pressing the pad left/right/both/top. My b.

It seems that the macro function isn't too friendly with modifiers; I tried mapping something to "Shift+Backspace" and it did nothing. You can, however, set a "Special Action" to open a program--such as Task Manager. The name of the program itself is taskmgr.exe, you can find it through the search function in the start menu.
I had to reformat my computer the other day, and now, the DS4's triggers aren't recognized in Windows 8 as triggers, but only buttons. I manually calibrate the controller, but it doesn't stick even after I click Finish (although during the calibration, the triggers are recognized perfectly). I tried this both wired and wirelessly, with DS4 running and with the controller just plugged in as a generic controller; the generic controller thing recognizes the triggers (albeit not as the Z Axis, the way it's supposed to), and the triggers are recognized as triggers WITHIN DS4WINDOWS, but not in the Windows controllers dialog box, the one that says "Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)" while DS4Windows is running. Any ideas?

EDIT: So, despite not showing ANY activity from the Triggers, all of my games still recognize them as triggers instead of buttons. That's really weird, and it's a new one on me, but as long as it works, I suppose.

EDIT 2: So, everything works fine in Windows 8.1; it's just vanilla Windows 8 that has issues. So... disregard all this, I suppose. Tongue
New problem: whenever the bluetooth dongle is attached to my PC, my mouse moves to the top left all on its own. The only way I can fix this is to just remove the dongle.

Any ideas?
I solved the previous problem, but the one lingering problem I have is latency.

This is my current bluetooth dongle: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001E96...UTF8&psc=1

Google suggests this dongle is the best one to use: http://www.amazon.com/Kinivo-BTD-300-Blu...vo+usb+3.0

Would I experience a significant upgrade if I switched?
Why does Pulse at % cause bad latency?
Just got a PS4 controller and am trying to use it with my computer! I installed DS4Windows just as the instructions say, and I'm using a micro USB cord to plug in. The controller is not lighting up or even showing that it is connected. No new USB device noise, doesn't appear in DS4Windows, nothing. Any help?
(05-21-2015, 05:10 AM)dannypanda121 Wrote: [ -> ]Just got a PS4 controller and am trying to use it with my computer! I installed DS4Windows just as the instructions say, and I'm using a micro USB cord to plug in. The controller is not lighting up or even showing that it is connected. No new USB device noise, doesn't appear in DS4Windows, nothing. Any help?

Try a different wire or usb port?
Jays2Kings say "DS4Windows was a project originally started by InhexSTER by the name of DS4 Tool. The tool was later branched off by electrobrains. I then later made my own branch of it."

InhexSTER say (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-DS4-To-XInput-Wrapper)
"My tool works in a similar fashion and is based on source code from DS3 Scp Tool." made by Scarlet.Crush

You should give credit to Scarlet.Crush.

PD: The jhebbel one is based on Scarlet.Crush-InhexSTER-electrobrains-Jays2Kings with 0 credit. And he add ads for money.
"A donation of $2 or more to the project will result in your login being upgraded so ads are removed from the tool."
(http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-InputMapp...in-Windows)