..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-17-2015, 05:29 PM)shinra358 Wrote: [ -> ]Does that game allow dinput? That could probably help since triggers are like buttons there. There's a dinput option you could try out for now. Having reverse deadzones wouldn't work because it would be impossible to hold the button down to use any in-game holding commands.

As far as I know, it doesn't. Don't know if the DS4 without any wrapper is considered dinput, but the game does not react.

For the moment I solved the problem using DS4Windows to assign LMB to R2 (for the menus, I assigned key num. 3 to the trackpad). This solved the issue. I'm happy Laugh

(until I need the analog trigger for something T_T)
Hello everyone. Just started an account here to give props for this awesome program and ask a question.

So right now I'm creating a number of shortcuts in Steam that autolaunch snes9x with specific games. I'm doing this with .bat files that tell the emulator what to run and then setting those .bat files as the shortcuts in Steam.

I'm trying to get DS4W to auto profile whenever I launch these specific instances of snes9x (for game specific control schemes). I have DS4W set to autoprofile when the .bat file is run. When I launch the .bat file it obviously runs a command prompt and then the emulator running said game, but DS4W does not switch profiles. Clicking on the command prompt however will immediately switch profiles to the one I want. Clicking back on the emulator switches back to default.  I'm assuming this is because the command prompt is what it actually is hooked onto and isn't the 'active' thing running, it's the emulator itself.

Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do here? Anyone have any experience trying this out?
(08-18-2015, 08:20 AM)Heliotrope Wrote: [ -> ]Hello everyone. Just started an account here to give props for this awesome program and ask a question.

So right now I'm creating a number of shortcuts in Steam that autolaunch snes9x with specific games. I'm doing this with .bat files that tell the emulator what to run and then setting those .bat files as the shortcuts in Steam.

I'm trying to get DS4W to auto profile whenever I launch these specific instances of snes9x (for game specific control schemes). I have DS4W set to autoprofile when the .bat file is run. When I launch the .bat file it obviously runs a command prompt and then the emulator running said game, but DS4W does not switch profiles. Clicking on the command prompt however will immediately switch profiles to the one I want. Clicking back on the emulator switches back to default.  I'm assuming this is because the command prompt is what it actually is hooked onto and isn't the 'active' thing running, it's the emulator itself.

Is there any way to accomplish what I'm trying to do here? Anyone have any experience trying this out?
It would be nice if you could load or switch profiles in DS4 with command line but it's not like an important feature. 

My suggestion otherwise would be to use it as a 360 or PS4 controller, then play the games with emulators that can use per-game control setups or emulator configurations. 
I think retroarch or libretro has this option in the controller menu so give that a peek. Dolphin and more Dolphinppsspp, a really good emulator too that can be run with -config and -controlconfig.

Another option for any emulator would be actually setting up each game/rom in a copy of the emulator's directory, so it can run its own emulator .exe with configs setup just for this one game. Set up a basic controls and graphics settings that will work for most situations before copying the first directory and tweak the configs for games as needed, then it could even be practical for entire rom sets. Not great for big emulators like Dolphion, but still overall way smaller than most steam games.
Having to run the Batch file twice now for it to work correctly. The first time I run it there's still no exclusivity, repeating the process a second time though works.
Hi, I have a little problem with the DS4 controller.
I'm using it wired, but the lightbar flashes red for a moment and then the controller works for a minute or so, then it flashes red again. What could cause this problem?
(08-20-2015, 09:20 PM)SimoHalo Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I have a little problem with the DS4 controller.
I'm using it wired, but the lightbar flashes red for a moment and then the controller works for a minute or so, then it flashes red again. What could cause this problem?

It's probably the low-latency alert. You can disable that from the options menu.
(08-20-2015, 11:30 PM)pedrovay2003 Wrote: [ -> ]It's probably the low-latency alert. You can disable that from the options menu.

Well, in the log it does say that it exceeds 10ms, the real problem is that it feels like the controller disconnects or locks key for a split second. For example I was moving in one direction, it flashes and it keeps going in that direction until the lightbar becomes blue again.

http://i.imgur.com/tDXufaS.png
Final fantasy type-0 steam blocks the cursor from being moved with the DS4. Only the real mouse can move it. Anyway to bypass this?
This probably seems really obvious but how do increase analog sensitivity on DS4Windows? Trying to play Shadow Warrior and I've tried mouse sensitivity both on DS4Windows & SW's options and it does nothing for analog sensitivity. Also tried analog curve with no success.

Thanks.
Thanks for an awesome tool Jays2Kings.

I have a question about the "Use controller [1] for mapping and readout[]" settings. Is the controller number just supposed to be informational? Or are you supposed to be able to set/save this? It looks like you are supposed to be able to save the settings, but I've got 2 DS4's hooked up and the setting won't stick no matter what I try.

Thanks!