..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When changing the color of the lightbar on the profile page by selecting the lightbar on the image of the controller, once I select "Ok" after choosing a color, the color changes, but the program crashes with this message:
[Image: ec66ff5115.png]

Choosing to continue simply provides more instances of the error message until I choose to quit.

Also, after running for so long, the program has this bizarre tendency to crash, disconnect, and scramble the controller configuration. It then vanishes from the notification area and continues to fail to work until the computer is rebooted. I can't find any reason why it would be doing this, and there's really no set time; it can happen as soon as an hour after a reboot, or as long as three days.

To provide more context on this issue, for example, if I am playing FFXIV and it crashes, the following happens:
  1. The "device disconnected" sound plays, and my controller's lightbar flicks off, then back on
  2. I check the notification area, and DS4Windows has vanished
  3. I relaunch DS4Windows from its folder, and it opens, but no profile will apply properly, though the program shows everything as working properly
  4. In FFXIV, all of my controls will be scrambled, with the right stick being movement, L3 being start, etc.
  5. Relaunching DS4Windows does not put it back in the notification area, though it continues to run in the background
  6. The controls are scrambled in all programs I try to use the DS4 in until I reboot

It's extremely frustrating. I know it's a problem with this particular fork, as I don't have the same issue with DSDCS.
Just reporting on the latest version.

I already reported this but not sure if you read it Laugh.. my english don´t always make sense:
There is a issue with the gamepad/keyboard keybind window, pressing the "real" keyboard is not working anymore.
Also all "tilt" and "swipe" commands are blank even after setting a key to them.

Doing some more testing with "Scan code" on some games and now the keys are not being detected.
On a notepad "Scan code" still causes the key to be emulated as being holded instead of pressed .

Thanks a lot for all the development!
I hope one day I can use the swipe commands on games as hotkeys Laugh!
(12-10-2014, 01:09 AM)emarr Wrote: [ -> ]Secondly, I'm wondering if anyone else is having trouble making this work for Far Cry 4?

It freezes up my game everytime at launch.

Disable the "hide ds4 controller" option.
Hi,

Thanks for the awesome utility! It seems the most well-done one of its kind, IMO. I have a tiny request and a question. Could you add an option in settings that allows the close window button to minimize the application to the tray? Also, will support be provided to the DS4 speaker/audio-jack?

Thanks once again!
(12-11-2014, 12:10 PM)NeilHarbin0 Wrote: [ -> ]I am trying to use your application. I have connected my controller successfully to my Windows 7 PC. The controller can be seen working by using game controller settings. However, when I start your application, it does the following:

Starting...
Searching for controllers...
Using Shared Mode
Index was outside the bounds of the array.

What more information can I give you to help solve this problem?

Edit: My Bluetooth dongle is a cirago BTA-3210 with Bluetooth 2.1 support

If that bluetooth uses an external program for bluetooth, than it's likely it won't work with DS4W, sorry about that. It's best you use a bluetooth dongle that works by windows native driver/stack such as a medialink one
(12-11-2014, 08:12 PM)thialis Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

It's very great job and thank you Wink

do you bring this application to osx ?

That's a no, sorry I know very little about osx. I don't even own a mac.
(12-12-2014, 12:49 AM)Kei-chan Wrote: [ -> ]When changing the color of the lightbar on the profile page by selecting the lightbar on the image of the controller, once I select "Ok" after choosing a color, the color changes, but the program crashes with this message:
[Image: ec66ff5115.png]

Choosing to continue simply provides more instances of the error message until I choose to quit.

Also, after running for so long, the program has this bizarre tendency to crash, disconnect, and scramble the controller configuration. It then vanishes from the notification area and continues to fail to work until the computer is rebooted. I can't find any reason why it would be doing this, and there's really no set time; it can happen as soon as an hour after a reboot, or as long as three days.

To provide more context on this issue, for example, if I am playing FFXIV and it crashes, the following happens:
  1. The "device disconnected" sound plays, and my controller's lightbar flicks off, then back on
  2. I check the notification area, and DS4Windows has vanished
  3. I relaunch DS4Windows from its folder, and it opens, but no profile will apply properly, though the program shows everything as working properly
  4. In FFXIV, all of my controls will be scrambled, with the right stick being movement, L3 being start, etc.
  5. Relaunching DS4Windows does not put it back in the notification area, though it continues to run in the background
  6. The controls are scrambled in all programs I try to use the DS4 in until I reboot

It's extremely frustrating. I know it's a problem with this particular fork, as I don't have the same issue with DSDCS.

For the first part, it's a rare thing, but I'll fix it so it stops happening for good.

For the second part, iirc FFXIV also can use the DS4 natively. Since I don't have that game, it could have very weird effects. Do you have hide ds4 checked? I'm also not sure how DS4W gets started w/o showing up in the notification tray, I'll be pushing an update tomorrow, hopefully it will fix it.
(12-12-2014, 02:30 AM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Just reporting on the latest version.

I already reported this but not sure if you read it Laugh.. my english don´t always make sense:
There is a issue with the gamepad/keyboard keybind window, pressing the "real" keyboard is not working anymore.
Also all "tilt" and "swipe" commands are blank even after setting a key to them.

Doing some more testing with "Scan code" on some games and now the keys are not being detected.
On a notepad "Scan code" still causes the key to be emulated as being holded instead of pressed .

Thanks a lot for all the development!
I hope one day I can use the swipe commands on games as hotkeys Laugh!

Working on fixing these issues. and you can use the swipes for hotkeys. Even though they aren't showing in the text, they are being saved.

(12-12-2014, 04:27 PM)karanx1x Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for the awesome utility! It seems the most well-done one of its kind, IMO. I have a tiny request and a question. Could you add an option in settings that allows the close window button to minimize the application to the tray? Also, will support be provided to the DS4 speaker/audio-jack?

Thanks once again!

First part can be done, however the second can't really.
Took me a while but I finally got around by searching for a normal windows driver (pretty tedious to find one that actually works). The controller works wirelessly now.
(12-13-2014, 03:46 AM)Jays2Kings Wrote: [ -> ]Working on fixing these issues. and you can use the swipes for hotkeys. Even though they aren't showing in the text, they are being saved.

Yes i can set the swipes to hotkeys in DS4W but they still dont work ingame.
Hey mate, nice job on the DS4windows, I really appreciate your work. Thanks for this.
I just have a small question, are there any ways to use both DS4 and DS3 at the same time with the same Bluetooth Dongle ?
Do you have plans to make this possible ?

Thanks again.
Jays2Kings are you working on new UI ?
This will probably be my last update for the year, unless a serious issue comes up. Until then, Happy Holidays!

Version 1.4.2
Special Actions: press a control or a set of controls to perform a macro, launch a program/file, or load a different profile. Create new actions in profile options, and check which ones you want the selected profile to use.
Set an analog curve for the left and right stick, see the changes live in the controller readout
Option to set the close button to minimize DS4Windows, and truly close it by the notification icon
Added Spanish Translations (added credits to the translations sheets so users can be properly thanked if wanted to be)
Sticks Deadzone reworked from being a square to radial as the controller readout actually shows
Fix pressing keyboard not setting an action for controls
Fix Tilts and Swipes controls not showing text in the control list
Fix program crashing when uses x360 macros with shift controls
Fix for trying to edit a profile from the context menu after never restoring DS4Windows form start.
Fix for settings low flash color
Now running with startup will always start minimized, even if start minimized is unchecked

DS4Updater 1.1.2
If a language pack is available for your language but not your country's variation of it, the default language pack is downloaded instead

(12-13-2014, 12:02 PM)Niffy Wrote: [ -> ]Took me a while but I finally got around by searching for a normal windows driver (pretty tedious to find one that actually works). The controller works wirelessly now.

Good to hear.
(12-13-2014, 05:43 PM)bola08 Wrote: [ -> ]Yes i can set the swipes to hotkeys in DS4W but they still dont work ingame.

If you mean the keyboard keys, then it's likely they will ever work.
(12-13-2014, 07:01 PM)thalespi Wrote: [ -> ]Hey mate, nice job on the DS4windows, I really appreciate your work. Thanks for this.
I just have a small question, are there any ways to use both DS4 and DS3 at the same time with the same Bluetooth Dongle ?
Do you have plans to make this possible ?

Thanks again.

I don't think so, since the ds3 needs to rewrite the bluetooth driver to work.
(12-13-2014, 09:12 PM)DirtyShady Wrote: [ -> ]Jays2Kings are you working on new UI ?

No real plans to, so no.