..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: DS4Windows - J2K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
No luck. Followed the original install directions and got the two controllers. Unplugged the controller, turned on hide, ran the batch, connected the controller, and no error, but still 2 controllers.
(08-12-2015, 04:27 AM)RevDath Wrote: [ -> ]No luck. Followed the original install directions and got the two controllers. Unplugged the controller, turned on hide, ran the batch, connected the controller, and no error, but still 2 controllers.

That's normal to have both 'wireless controller' and 'xbox 360 for windows' in the devices panel. What you want to do  is to right click on either of them and open the 'game controller settings' menu and see if 'Controller (XBOX 360 for Windows)' is the only installed device. That's how you know Hide DS4 is actually working.
Ah that's the key then. I must be having trouble with PCSX2 then, as it is not recognizing any controllers. Thanks for the help everyone!

Edit: Screw me. Have to set up the controller and map to controller in the program. Then it works. Probably had this thing working days ago. So let that be a lesson to you all!
Just a suggestion: is it possible to make "toggle light bar" a special action? Would be really nice.
Hi

Thanks very much for the tool, I've enjoyed it very much.

But recently, I ran into a problem that whenever I start the application, there's a ghost xbox360 controller shows up in the USB devices, even without connecting any controllers at all.

I've tried to uninstall it through control panel, connected devices and every possible way I could think of, but I cant get rid of it, and I cant use it since the ghosted xbox360 controller messes up any game that I try to play.
Hey guys, I implemented the explorer bat workaround into DS4Windows, it works basically the same way, it's just when the controller is connected, it will close the bat automatically, it'll also reopen explorer if you close the bat.
More good news, I've added rumble and changing the lightbar with macros.

Bad news, sorry translators, I still haven't updated the translations sheets, and I see the people asking for more languages, but it wouldn't be a good idea to add more sheets until I update to have all the new text. No promises but i will try to have it finished by this weekend.

Version 1.4.27
(Windows 10) Thanks to another workaround found, it has been added to DS4Windows, there is a button on the main tab, to connect your controller exclusively, this will temporarily kill explorer (The taskbar) and bring it back once a controller is connected
Macros: When recording with a delay, you can now add rumble and changing the lightbar color during the macro, you can use the touchpad zones to add rumble or lightbar options. To change how much rumble happens or the lightbar color, just double click the item in the list
DS4Updater 1.1.27
Updates are now downloaded from Github
UI fixes, with clearer errors and "Open DS4" changed to say "Open DS4W"
If you choose to open DS4W after an update, DS4Windows will update the updater, so you won't see the command prompt window if you choose this route.
*throws assorted batch files in the trash* built-in workaround works great. Thanks! Macro rumble and lights work too.

edit: Spoke too soon. Using built-in batch workaround makes the Action Center Sidebar stop working. Clicking the tray icon or Win + A doesn't work. Requires sign out or reboot to fix. *rummages through trash to find precious batch files...*
(08-13-2015, 09:15 AM)Vanquo Wrote: [ -> ]*throws assorted batch files in the trash* built-in workaround works great. Thanks! Macro rumble and lights work too.

edit: Spoke too soon. Using built-in batch workaround makes the Action Center Sidebar stop working. Clicking the tray icon or Win + A doesn't work. Requires sign out or reboot to fix. *rummages through trash to find precious batch files...*

That's bizarre, the Action Center works fine for me after running the fix. My problem, which was also happening with the individual batch files, is that I have to run it twice. If I only run it once, the controller still won't connect correctly.
Hey guys I have some problems to run DS4windows with Dark Souls. With other games, works fine

1) I am running with hide mode
2) I am running first ds4windows then steam/game
3) if I will not do second then other games (e.g the binding of isaac) does not work so I am defenitly doing 2nd step
4) there is nothing in log important (there are no warnings or errors)
5) Previosly I've used some game controller (I don't remember the name) and back then I have used ps3 controller. It worked fine. But I rather use ps4 controller (it's more confortable).
6) when I disabled hide mode while I was in game it seems worked but buttons were messed up (circle, x, triangle etc) and all the time seems that left stick was on (camera was running like crazy)

I think it might be because of some driver dark souls does not work. Rest games seems working fine

I have tried inputMapper. Also does not work
Well I figured out the Action Center Problem. I had UAC completely disabled and that sometimes bring about random weirdness on top of not being able to use Modern Apps like the new Calculator... So I Enabled UAC and baked-in fix doesn't break Action Center anymore.

Oh well, I'll just keep using batch file method as I can't stand UAC. I don't need that junk to hold my hand. It's just kinda weird that the method used in DS4Windows to kill explorer, detect controller, and restart explorer is somehow breaking something with UAC disabled.

Just thinking about it, I've discovered quite a few bugs associated with UAC being disabled in Windows 10.