..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-26-2020, 11:30 PM)Meazza84 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I would like to ask a question. As you know, Winning Eleven 2002 doesn't have a widescreen option inside the game. Winning Eleven 4 has it, I know it's not the real widescreen and that you can only change the aspect ratio of the players. However I really like that option since it makes the game look much more beautiful on 16:9 screen. My question is: Is there a way to somehow change the aspect ratio of the players and the ball in Winning Eleven 2002, to make them appear taller and the ball rounder?

There is already a full widescreen 16:9 patch for Winning Eleven 2002 in the archive.

Best regards.
(11-28-2020, 02:12 AM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]There is already a full widescreen 16:9 patch for Winning Eleven 2002 in the archive.

Best regards.

Thank you for your response. Yes, I am aware of that, but the problem is that players appear out of nowhere near the border of the screen when you play the game and it affects the gameplay very much since it confuses you. That's why I asked about a way to at least enable the "fake" widescreen for aesthetic reasons. 

Have a great day and thanks for your work.
(11-28-2020, 02:59 PM)Meazza84 Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you for your response. Yes, I am aware of that, but the problem is that players appear out of nowhere near the border of the screen when you play the game and it affects the gameplay very much since it confuses you. That's why I asked about a way to at least enable the "fake" widescreen for aesthetic reasons. 

Have a great day and thanks for your work.

I suppose that you are talking about that the game needs a render fix in the sides of the screen when using 16:9,
well i don't know if there is any value which changes only the players and the ball, i not found nothing like this
when i searched all the values for the game, but you can try yourself with the Cheat Engine to search if there
is any value for what do you say.

Best regards.
(11-29-2020, 02:45 AM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]I suppose that you are talking about that the game needs a render fix in the sides of the screen when using 16:9,

Yes, that's right. This problem doesn't arise when playing PS2 titles such as Winning Eleven 6 or PES 3, but unfortunately it's very noticeable in Winning Eleven 2002. Sad I wonder if you guys who know the secrets of editing are able to solve the issue. It would be the biggest recent revolution in WE2002 editing and gaming, this game is the most popular one of all Konami titles for PSX.
So I asked before and I received an answer that the NFS games for PS1 are hard to make them in widescreen... but here are two examples of them running in 16:9 with some emulator. What are those ws hacks then? They're different than the ones for the real PS1 hardware?

(12-26-2020, 12:59 PM)Fuso90 Wrote: [ -> ]So I asked before and I received an answer that the NFS games for PS1 are hard to make them in widescreen... but here are two examples of them running in 16:9 with some emulator. What are those ws hacks then? They're different than the ones for the real PS1 hardware?

I think it is using the GTE Hack plugin to do widescreen on any PS1 games, but I may be wrong. There may be other plugins that achieve similar aspect ratios.

Here is an example of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fPa5d8S-fI
Bushido Blade 2 SLUS-00663 - NTSC U

Widescreen
800FF650 0C00

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_3rd_4x3
[attachment=72391]

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_3rd_16x9
[attachment=72392]

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_1st_4x3
[attachment=72389]

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_1st_16x9
[attachment=72390]

Additional*
Dither off code (w/conditional code to work with widescreen)
D007C788 0200
8007C788 0000
(12-26-2020, 08:23 PM)demilich Wrote: [ -> ]Bushido Blade 2 SLUS-00663 - NTSC U

Widescreen
800FF650 0C00

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_3rd_4x3

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_3rd_16x9

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_1st_4x3

BushidoBlade2_NTSCU_1st_16x9

Additional*
Dither off code (w/conditional code to work with widescreen)
D007C788 0200
8007C788 0000

@demilich, thank you very much, added to the archive.

Best regards.
(12-26-2020, 07:50 PM)demilich Wrote: [ -> ]I think it is using the GTE Hack plugin to do widescreen on any PS1 games, but I may be wrong. There may be other plugins that achieve similar aspect ratios.

Here is an example of it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9fPa5d8S-fI

So they're completely different than the WS hacks that you and the others are doing here? And can't be "ported" or something similar?
I don't think so. I think the plugin works similar to Swiss' widescreen option for Gamecube where it can enable widescreen in almost every game but depending on the game will have camera culling outside of the 4x3 aspect ratio.

In that case users have made Gecko codes to fix those problems in the Dolphin community, so similar to here contributors make widescreen codes for each PS1 game.

I may be wrong, you may be able to scan the game for address changes with Cheat Engine before and after running the GTE Hack plugin to identify if a change is located. That may be interesting now that I think about it, but Cheat Engine may not even notice address changes.