..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's a good example but it's also important to note that the further you get from the camera the less effective resolution there is for a given polygon and the problem really magnifies.

For instance if a characters face is close to the screen, they may have 100x100 effective pixel snap points and it really doesn't manifest at all. But if they are far, they might have 5x5 for the same amount of polys and it becomes a scrambled mess.

At normal PSX res you don't notice it because at that distance so few real pixels would represent the face that it doesn't matter. But in HD it becomes clear as day.
(11-28-2015, 02:45 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: [ -> ]It's a good example but it's also important to note that the further you get from the camera the less effective resolution there is for a given polygon and the problem really magnifies.

For instance if a characters face is close to the screen, they may have 100x100 effective pixel snap points and it really doesn't manifest at all. But if they are far, they might have 5x5 for the same amount of polys and it becomes a scrambled mess.

At normal PSX res you don't notice it because at that distance so few real pixels would represent the face that it doesn't matter. But in HD it becomes clear as day.

Well it's because the sampling is linear, there's no z-buffer to know how many samples it must take depending on depth, let alone that even if there was z-buffer, it's next to zero of use without floating point.
I believe this can get aleviated fully with not much of a big cost in performance but I have no idea how framebuffer-specific effects could grab a buffer from the higher quality raw samples. Things like battle transition effects in JRPGs and FMV backgrounds (see FFVIII) could break.
I hope somebody could do a Jade Cocoon patch. It's one of those games that even though it has pre-rendered backgrounds using the GTE hack reveals that there's more to the sides on most stuff. I tried to do one but it's as stubborn as Crash/Spyro series.
Patches which i made and i included in the archive:

Mad Panic Coaster (NTSC-J)                                                          Parappa The Rapper: The Hip Hop Hero (PAL)

[attachment=58244] [attachment=58245]                                      [attachment=58246] [attachment=58247]

Rogue Trip Vacation 2012 (PAL & NTSC-U)                                        Sno-Cross Championship Racing (PAL)          
I updated also the NTSC-U version with two player
modes and Eyefinity.

[attachment=58248] [attachment=58249]                                      [attachment=58250] [attachment=58251]

Streak Hoverboard Racing (PAL & NTSC-U)                                       Street Fighter EX Plus Alpha (PAL, NTSC-U, NTSC-J)

[attachment=58252] [attachment=58253]                                       [attachment=58254] [attachment=58255]

Street Fighter EX2 Plus (PAL & NTSC-U)                                           Test Drive 4x4 (PAL)

[attachment=58256] [attachment=58257]                                     [attachment=58258] [attachment=58259]

Test Drive 5 (PAL)                                                                        Test Drive 6 (PAL)

[attachment=58260] [attachment=58261]                                       [attachment=58262] [attachment=58263]

The Legend of Dragoon (PAL-Spain)                                                 Twisted Metal (PAL)

[attachment=58264] [attachment=58265]                                       [attachment=58266] [attachment=58267]

Best regards.
Is there a way to change a regular (not widescreen) code from PAL to NTSC?

What I want to change is this:
204FE990 41820000

It came from Samurai Warriors 2 XL PAL and I want to convert it to SW2XL NTSC.
(12-05-2015, 02:36 PM)Blob55 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there a way to change a regular (not widescreen) code from PAL to NTSC?

What I want to change is this:
204FE990 41820000

It came from Samurai Warriors 2 XL PAL and I want to convert it to SW2XL NTSC.

Wrong topic.
Hi all. I have just one simple question. Is it possible to convert universal widescreen ability from PCSXR emulator into regular cheat code?

Best regards.
(12-10-2015, 08:38 PM)AKuHAK Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all. I have just one simple question. Is it possible to convert universal widescreen ability from PCSXR emulator into regular cheat code?

Best regards.

Nope. You would need to have a modified GTE chip to do that work. The hack actually goes as deep as changing how GTE chip on the PS1 works.
Now I'm not sure if something like Swiss on Gamecube ( http://www.gc-forever.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swiss ) could work on PS1 or PS2 but I think due to how hardware actually treats geometry it's not possible the same way. I'd be happy to be proved wrong.
DR. SLUMP SPLS-01934

Code:
801FC384--0c00

KINGSLEYS ADVENTURE SCES-01659 (1400)

Code:
800E6FBC---0f00

REBOOT SLUS-00274

Code:
800F0B8C---1333
Thank you very much Esppiral for the patches and for the new value, archive updated.

Best regards.