..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(07-03-2016, 08:46 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]Battle Arena Toshinden 4 (SLES-02493) (PAL)
Code:
16:9 - Note: Unscaled backgrounds
801DBCBC 0C00
Eyefinity - Note: Unscaled backgrounds
801DBCBC 0400
I had the same issue with Tekken. Those backgrounds are a b**** to get right.
(07-04-2016, 08:58 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]I had the same issue with Tekken. Those backgrounds are a b**** to get right.

Did you actually find anything for the rest geometry because I didn't and on top of that these codes are needed for the arcade versions of the games inside Tekken 5.

Also I just feel like sharing something here to get it off my chest.

I'm irritated NO! I'm in rage mode by some particular games how much upset can they get when you mess with their memory.
It just amazes me how badly or/and easily they can break.
It just really puts your nerves on trial when you mess with PS1 games for widescreen hacks.
If you really feel like you are a calm person, try following the tutorial, you might see a side of your self you never knew you had.
Yes, I did get widescreen for the rest of the game. I did this a while ago, actually for the arcade version inside Tekken 5(seem just as willing to crash as the PS1 versions though). I'll have another shot at getting the background in widescreen. If I can't do it by the end of the week I'll upload it and Tekken 2 then. Tekken 3 seems harder to do.

Some PS1 games seem more breakble than others though. But on the whole it's definitely much worse and more infuriating than most PS2 games.
(07-04-2016, 11:51 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, I did get widescreen for the rest of the game. I did this a while ago, actually for the arcade version inside Tekken 5(seem just as willing to crash as the PS1 versions though). I'll have another shot at getting the background in widescreen. If I can't do it by the end of the week I'll upload it and Tekken 2 then. Tekken 3 seems harder to do.

Some PS1 games seem more breakble than others though. But on the whole it's definitely much worse and more infuriating than most PS2 games.

That's why I said that. Those arcade versions inside Tekken 5 (and Tekken 1-3 + TT arcade versions in general) are made for hardware based on PS1 and their engine is almost copy pasted, even most of their compatible cheats are common. Most possibly, if you find a way to hack the console versions you will hack the arcade ones too and vice versa.
I believe the reason it's hard to hack the backgrounds in Tekken games is because the backgrounds get rendered/treated by the GPU in a different way than the rest geometry. It feels like it creates a static snapshot of the background and converts it into a background sprite until you reach the very sides of the screen that will repeat the procedure. In moments like these I hope I had an emulator with a step debugging feature so I could isolate the background.
Nice to see this still going. Good job guys, keep up the good work!
(07-08-2016, 09:54 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]That's why I said that. Those arcade versions inside Tekken 5 (and Tekken 1-3 + TT arcade versions in general) are made for hardware based on PS1 and their engine is almost copy pasted, even most of their compatible cheats are common. Most possibly, if you find a way to hack the console versions you will hack the arcade ones too and vice versa.
I believe the reason it's hard to hack the backgrounds in Tekken games is because the backgrounds get rendered/treated by the GPU in a different way than the rest geometry. It feels like it creates a static snapshot of the background and converts it into a background sprite until you reach the very sides of the screen that will repeat the procedure. In moments like these I hope I had an emulator with a step debugging feature so I could isolate the background.
Yeah, when I first tried the T3 arcade version in T5, I could easily convert some codes I made for the PS1 version.
I'm not sure the background of T1 is a static snapshot, as I remember directly manipulating some parts of it.

I'm currently struggling to make an ISO of the PS1 version of Tekken 1. I'll have to try it on another PC (another disc drive), and see if that helps. T1 and Alien Trilogy are the only two PS1 games that don't seem to want to turn into an ISO(but the discs are fine). :/
A few patches which i made:

Warzone 2100 (PAL-M3)

[attachment=60424] [attachment=60425]

X-Men Mutant Academy (PAL-UK)

[attachment=60426] [attachment=60427]

X-Men Mutant Academy 2 (PAL)

[attachment=60428] [attachment=60429]

Best regards
Hi, I have signed up here specifically to request a widescreen patch for what was one of the finest racers of its day - Wipeout 2097.

Also, is it possible to take the knowledge of these patches which are intended for live memory addresses and use them to instead create a patch for the actual game ISOs so they can be played on real hardware? For instance, might it possible to inject a memory resident program that loads before the PSX game like a 'scene' intro that can apply all of these patches to the appropriate games?
I tried the game Wipeout 2097 PAL but i encountered only a zoom at 00AEA54A 0C00, and seems
that is also a unstable zoom, bad luck for this game.

Best regards
Hello Smile i`ve found out very entertaining and interesting to search widescreen adresses for ps1 games, as a 1st one i took PAL Crash Bandicoot 3 but only i`ve archieved is changing zoom/angle of camera and shrinking models and characters on map, i didn`t find any adresses related to world shape :C

Theese are my notes:

00AE891E 1000 - ZOOM: 0C00 VALUVE MAKES GLITCHES SIMILAR TO WIDESCREEN HACK ON EPSXE, LOWER VALUES HIDES UNRENDERED MODELS AND STILL LOOKS LIKE WIDESCREEN GAME (A LITTLE BIT GLITCHY/SHAKY CAMERA)
closest value to widescreen without render glitches on sides i`ve archived : 0E0F

00AE8920 1000 - VALUE 0C00 SCALES CHARACTERS,BOXES,OBSCACLES CORRECTLY TO 16:9 AND MENU TO ASPECT RATIO OF 4:3 , UNFORTUNETLY SHAPE OF MAP IS ORIGINAL AND WIDER (DOESN`T FIT REST OF MODELS)
still too small objects but playable : 0E00

and some screenshots Smile
[Image: okzbbm.jpg]
[Image: 5ue5vn.jpg]
[Image: 2hmjb04.png]
[Image: 2ljlwsp.png]

and sorry i don`t know how to translate hex addresses to PSX :/