..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:VIRGIN KLM

OK I was wrong about the memory ranges. They did something with memory allocation which confused me a bit.
Updated OP once again.
I hope I got them right this time.

Sorry, but not works, now when pressing a first scan just opens a window which says "Scan error:controler:no readable memory found".

Best regards.
I'm not an expert, but the starting address seems to be ePSXe.exe+81A020, which is dynamically assigned.
(02-21-2016, 11:02 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not an expert, but the starting address seems to be ePSXe.exe+81A020, which is dynamically assigned.

There is something going on, but I'm not sure it's dynamically assigned. I tried using the same address for a game by making a full cycle of closing the emulator and relaunching a game without savesatates and the addresses seem to match something that wouldn't happen if that was true. I'm puzzled.
You encountered the right ranges VIRGIN KLM? maybe is possible ask to developers of ePSXe?

Best regards.
I've been trying to make a script on Cheat Engine that will automatically pick the correct ranges with no success.
We have 2 options:

1. Revert to an older version for cheat searching.
2. Ask help from ePSXe devs.
(02-28-2016, 02:27 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]You encountered the right ranges VIRGIN KLM? maybe is possible ask to developers of ePSXe?

Best regards.
Have you tried using ePSXe.exe+81A020 as the start address? Add the address with "Add Address Manually", the correct address to add as the start wil then be shown in the list. Copy that to the Memory Scan start address. And do the same with ePSXe.exe+A1A01F as the stop address. I got pretty similar results compared to 1.9.25.
(02-28-2016, 05:27 PM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]I've been trying to make a script on Cheat Engine that will automatically pick the correct ranges with no success.
We have 2 options:

1. Revert to an older version for cheat searching.
2. Ask help from ePSXe devs.

I think is better ask to developers because new versions improves games to work for try them, but i don't know in which way
explain this question to devs myself, i don't know nothing about code and technical details...

(02-28-2016, 08:12 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried using ePSXe.exe+81A020 as the start address?  Add the address with "Add Address Manually", the correct address to add as the start wil then be shown in the list. Copy that to the Memory Scan start address. And do the same with ePSXe.exe+A1A01F as the stop address. I got pretty similar results compared to 1.9.25.

Thanks but not works fine, gives me start and end adresses of 00C1A020 and 00E1A01F, encountered 2,831 adresses instead 3,054,
and miss completely the two widescreen adresses which i have from 1.9.0 version with the same game.

Best regards.
I tried the technique on 3 games and got the same amount of results for 2.0 and 1.9.25. Wacko
There is something causing inconsistentency. Our only option is asking ePSXe team.
After i wrote to all the emails and media which i encountered for contact the ePSXe team, i received a response
from them which says:

"In principle we have not changed anything in memory management, but we changed the msvc2005 to 2015 and maybe
the compiler does something weird.

An idea i can think of is that you "mark" the beginning of the memory and then look for it.
You can use the function cheats included in the emu and put a mark in the memory addresses from 0 to 8, and then search the mark."

I don't have the knowledge to do this, please you can try it?

Best regards.

EDIT: "There is not dynamic assignation, they are static arrays defined at compile time."