..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This would eventually end up making in the long run a huge list of games that take way too much space. This is not the way to go, it's not even done on the PS2 topic of the same purpose. I mean before requesting a game people should grab the latest version El_Patas compiles and check if it's included. This is how it should work.

Now, I would like to make a list of requests like in the PS2 counterpart of the topic but I fear that at the moment it will overflood of requests since the way things are done so far are not very effective. I have all the games that people request here though on a text file. When I'm going to feel confident that people's requests can get in a proper workflow and get codes I'll start making a proper request list.

I'm glad that people are excited though, it's great motivation. It's hard when people request games that I enjoys aswell and I can't find a code yet.
I'm agree with that, download the archive and take a look on it for see which games have a patch takes only seconds,
but there are always people who don't check nothing and always asks first, the link to the archive is clearly visible on
the first post.
Making a request list on the first post could help also for the people do not asks again and again for the same games we know.
Keep the good work people.

Best regards.
In my opinion there is two problems with the first and archive post:

1. People who are checking the first post are expecting a list. Yes, there is note about the archive but it can be easily overlooked which happend to me, when I first checked the first post.
2. After finding the note and checking the archive post I still couldn't find the list. Because the first thing you see is wall of text and some screenshots. So you need to scroll down to see attachment which looks like a signature to me. Furthermore there is no note about the attachment.

I would like to make two suggestions to make it easier for new users:

1. Put the link of the archive post right on the top of the first post. The note about the archive should be in bold and bigger letters so you can see it right away.
2. Same goes for the archive post. There should be a note in bold letters about the attachment.
I should've had a MGS patch up by now, but I haven't had any time to complete it.
I'll have a look at the Tekken games as well, although I don't have Tekken 1 on PS1.
It would be very great see a patch for MGS, i hope you can complete it, just curious, which version
of the game you are trying it?
About Tekken series would be great also, i tried before the NTSC-J version of Tekken 3
but without encounter any value.

Best regards.
(01-20-2016, 04:21 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]It would be very great see a patch for MGS, i hope you can complete it, just curious, which version
of the game you are trying it?
PAL, trying both MGS & Special Missions.
I see, i tried long time ago the PAL-Spain version (SLES-01734) but only encountered an Y-FOV value at 00B0913E 0C00,
is curious because normally in each game you can encounter a Zoom and not an Y-FOV, but this is the reverse case, and
with the combination of a Zoom and a Y-FOV you can obtain also the desired widescreen, argh.

If you encounter a zoom let me know.

Best regards.
I have found a zoom value, but I can not find the Y-FOV at the address you posted. Would it be possible for you to post an 80XXXXXX address instead?
(01-21-2016, 05:33 AM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]I see, i tried long time ago the PAL-Spain version (SLES-01734) but only encountered an Y-FOV value at 00B0913E 0C00,
is curious because normally in each game you can encounter a Zoom and not an Y-FOV, but this is the reverse case, and
with the combination of a Zoom and a Y-FOV you can obtain also the desired widescreen, argh.

If you encounter a zoom let me know.

Best regards.
Does that Y-FOV stretch all the way in both directions? And does it work during the entire game? Because the ones I found do not.
(01-25-2016, 05:20 AM)PsxFan107 Wrote: [ -> ]I have found a zoom value, but I can not find the Y-FOV at the address you posted. Would it be possible for you to post an 80XXXXXX address instead?

(01-25-2016, 01:56 PM)FlatOut Wrote: [ -> ]Does that Y-FOV stretch all the way in both directions? And does it work during the entire game? Because the ones I found do not.

Sorry people i encountered the value long time ago, and i checked it now and only works in one direction, from top to bottom,
works during all the game that i tested but is not useful if only works in one direction, i don't noticed it before, boh Sad

You need use the value to search of 0100, not 1000, and replace by 00C0.

Converted is 800B179E 00C0

Well, maybe can serve for try another values and adresses.

[attachment=58916] [attachment=58917]

Best regards.