..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I hope the numbers of found codes will be like the ones found for the ps2.

I'd like to request the hex edits for these games to play them on actual hardware.
US version please for
-Einhänder
-R-Type Delta
-Ray Tracers
-Strider 2
-Raystorm

Also a request for any of the following, sorry for the long list and maybe only one of these I'll be happy with:
-G-Darius
-Side By Side Special 2000
-Crypt Killer, if it will still work with the light gun
-Ray Crisis
-Elemental Gearbolt, if it will still work with the light gun
I'd be happy to paypal a few quid for the codes, pm me.
(11-01-2015, 06:57 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]Sorry, works fine for the Story and Endurance modes, but unfortunately not for all the rest
of gameplay modes which are broken:

Versus - Causes an Y-fOV
1P Battle - Causes a near Zoom
Time Attack -  Causes a near Zoom
Team Battle - Causes a near Zoom
Practice -  Causes a near Zoom

OK I found out what's going on. The game seems to use a camera that is being calculated dynamicaly, if you change the fov it will adjust the zoom value in a way that the characters will be displayed at a fixed size depending on how far the are from each other. This is actually fair and it looks like they put alot of thought of how they manage fov so characters will be easily visible at such low resolutions on regular TVs. Cutscenes have a fixed zoom so they will have the typical "more stuff on the sides" thing. The result on Gameplay modes does not match exactly the philosophy of "more stuff on the sides" thing but it's still 16:9 and better than a height reduced hack. It's the best that can be done for now I guess.
(11-01-2015, 11:28 PM)d123456 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the numbers of found codes will be like the ones found for the ps2.

I'd like to request the hex edits for these games to play them on actual hardware.
US version please for
-Einhänder
-R-Type Delta
-Ray Tracers
-Strider 2
-Raystorm
For the moment, HEX edits are almost impossible to achieve in PS1 games. Your best bet is to use Gameshark (or any other cheating software) with any of the codes being posted here.
(11-01-2015, 11:28 PM)d123456 Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the numbers of found codes will be like the ones found for the ps2.

US version please for
-Einhänder
-R-Type Delta
-Ray Tracers
-Strider 2
-Raystorm

Also a request for any of the following, sorry for the long list and maybe only one of these I'll be happy with:
-G-Darius
-Side By Side Special 2000
-Crypt Killer, if it will still work with the light gun
-Ray Crisis
-Elemental Gearbolt, if it will still work with the light gun
I'd be happy to paypal a few quid for the codes, pm me.

I tried some weeks ago the game Side by Side Special 2000 and i encountered one value which puts the game in widescreen but
unfortunately when you move the car brokes the screen changing continuosly.
Also tried the games Ray Crisis and Elemental Gearbolt without success.

(11-02-2015, 12:41 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: [ -> ]OK I found out what's going on. The game seems to use a camera that is being calculated dynamicaly, if you change the fov it will adjust the zoom value in a way that the characters will be displayed at a fixed size depending on how far the are from each other. This is actually fair and it looks like they put alot of thought of how they manage fov so characters will be easily visible at such low resolutions on regular TVs. Cutscenes have a fixed zoom so they will have the typical "more stuff on the sides" thing. The result on Gameplay modes does not match exactly the philosophy of "more stuff on the sides" thing but it's still 16:9 and better than a height reduced hack. It's the best that can be done for now I guess.

I see, well then i include it with a comment, thank you.

Best regards.
Bushido Blade (NTSC-U) (SCUS-94180)

Code:
Widescreen - not perfect*
8013C87C 0C00

*=Has the same issue as Tekken 5 on PS2 widescreen hack, some effects like the the sword trail is not scaled, not as severe as Tekken 5 patch though.

Colony Wars 3 - Red Sun (NTSC-U) (SLUS-00866)

Code:
Widescreen*
80119970 1333

Eyefinity
80119970 0666

*=The cockpit sides while in cockpit view are still streched. Checking how it looks unstreched in PCSX-r with the widescreen hack option I think streched looks better (cockpit has missing geometry outside 4:3 area). Everything else is fine.
Thank you very much, archive updated.

Best regards.
Please don't judge me...

Bubsy 3D (NTSC-U) (SLUS-00110)

Code:
Widescreen
801CBF20 0C00

Eyefinity
801CBF20 0400
This one can compete with the Barbie Super Sports Biggrin , nah, is not so bad as the comments i readed always about it.
I'm trying to make the patch for one of the japanese games which are rare and bizarre.
Thank you for the work.

Best regards.
Crisis Beat (PAL) (SLES-02793)

Code:
Widescreen
8005E510 0C00

Eyefinity
8005E510 0400

Also this is WIP, I'm missing the address for the gems width, eventhing else is fine. If someone could help me spot the gems width address it would be amazing!

Klonoa - Door to Phantomile (NTSC-U) (SLUS-00585)

Code:
Widescreen - 3D area
8010A440 0C00
Widescreen - Heart 1
800C47EC 0C00
Widescreen - Heart 2
800C4808 0C00
Widescreen - Heart 3
800C4824 0C00
Widescreen - PCs and NPCs
800C47EC 0C00

Eyefinity - 3D area