..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: PSOne Widescreen Patches
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
[Removed post with buggy cheat to avoid confusion, fixed cheat available on later post.]
Well, at least for widescreen is good if is not noticeable, i encountered some few games with the right adress in
widescreen, that when you move the character changes continuosly the horizontal size in all the
screen, and its a pity.

I added it to the archive, thank you.

Best regards.
The truth is that I can't test it for a week or something really extensively until I get back my PS2 (man I have no clue where my PS1 is, I thought it was in my room but I guess I must have put it in the storage room). The game simply doesn't run correctly on emulators (either missing/incorrect graphics or somekind of broken/inaccurate mechanics that kinda break the game)
ePSXe/PCSX-r with any of the Hardware GPU plugins it has broken graphics.
Trying Software plugins only Amidog's fixes all the issues and but after some time you realise that the game has some inaccuracy in mechanics (button timing while blocking for example).
The you try it on some emulator like XEBRA or ARBEX and while the graphics seem to be more accurate with zero issues, man those mechanics we were talking about before get even worse.
Stubborn game, really a pitty, it's a really good PS1 game.
I checked the game in the ePSXe and from what i see your code is an Y-FOV, not a X-FOV,
also i checked it in the POPS emu in the PS2 and the result is the same:

[attachment=57800] [attachment=57801]

I don't played the game in the ePSXe for see the mechanics, just for make the pictures, but about graphics seems fine to me,
what do you refer about broken graphics?

Best regards.
(10-27-2015, 01:00 PM)El_Patas Wrote: [ -> ]I checked the game in the ePSXe and from what i see your code is an Y-FOV, not a X-FOV,
also i checked it in the POPS emu in the PS2 and the result is the same:

I don't played the game in the ePSXe for see the mechanics, just for make the pictures, but about graphics seems fine to me,
what do you refer about broken graphics?

Best regards.

Start the story mode and check the cutscenes for example. I should warn you it looks a bit freaky.
Well, i see some bad texture, before i checked only the one player mode, anyway also in the story mode the code
looks is an Y-FOV, and i think in remove the patch from the archive, it works really for you as an X-FOV? from what
you said in your previous message you not tested it?

Best regards.
There is a slight possibility I posted the wrong address. Let me give it a shot again from the beginning.
Yes, don't worry, i wait, keep the good work.

Best regards.
Yeah, it was bad copy-paste job I did. This one works perfectly in all cases, zero bugs.

Destrega (NTSC-U) (SLUS-00732)

Code:
Widescreen
800ED4E8 0C00

Eyefinity
800ED4E8 0400
Sorry, works fine for the Story and Endurance modes, but unfortunately not for all the rest
of gameplay modes which are broken:

Versus - Causes an Y-fOV
1P Battle - Causes a near Zoom
Time Attack - Causes a near Zoom
Team Battle - Causes a near Zoom
Practice - Causes a near Zoom

Seems this game needs a different value for all this modes or a different one for each one of them.

I don't know what made, if include it in the archive with a comment explaining that brokes this gameplay modes
or not include it at all.

Best regards.