..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 60 fps codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Do we have a 60fps/60hz patch for Robots (2005) PAL version?

I like to play the PS2 version (even the Xbox/GCN are better and run at 60fps by default!) because it's the one I played as a kid and because I play with a DS4 on my PC, so I'd like PS buttons.
I'd like to make requests PAL 60hz for these games. Mostly the 60hz patch. 60fps only if there was a patch already for the NTSC version.

I understand it's a few, I don't need them *right now* Take all the time you need, I'm in no hurry, this is a favour and takes time. Please don't take my requests the wrong way.

- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
- The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail
- Looney Tunes: ACME Arsenal
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action
- Family Guy: The Videogame
- Crash: The Wrath of Cortex
- Digimon: Rumble Arena
- Secret Agent Clank
- The Simpsons: Road Rage
- The Simpsons: The Videogame
- Sly Cooper: 1, 2 & 3
XIII - Daitouryou o Koroshita Otoko (Japan)
SLPS-25375 D4ECB62E

Sorry for the request, but is there any 60fps code for this game?
(02-28-2024, 05:57 AM)DavionBlackwing Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to make requests PAL 60hz for these games. Mostly the 60hz patch. 60fps only if there was a patch already for the NTSC version.

I understand it's a few, I don't need them *right now* Take all the time you need, I'm in no hurry, this is a favour and takes time. Please don't take my requests the wrong way.

- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
- The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail
- Looney Tunes: ACME Arsenal
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action
- Family Guy: The Videogame
- Crash: The Wrath of Cortex
- Digimon: Rumble Arena
- Secret Agent Clank
- The Simpsons: Road Rage
- The Simpsons: The Videogame
- Sly Cooper: 1, 2 & 3

I don't have the spyros. Robots, I have converted it to ntsc but the fmv and speed must be corrected. These are the ones that I have pending to verify that the speed is the same comparing it with that of 50hz, fmv, game times, etc.

Code:
SLY 2
[480p Mode]
gsinterlacemode=1
patch=1,EE,00240E4C,word,24110000
patch=1,EE,00240E50,word,24120050
patch=1,EE,00240E5C,word,24130001

SLY 3
[480p Mode]
gsinterlacemode=1
patch=1,EE,0029F664,word,24110000
patch=1,EE,0029F668,word,24120050
patch=1,EE,0029F674,word,24130001

FAMILY GUY E393DFE5
[480p Mode]
gsinterlacemode=1
patch=1,EE,001B795C,word,24110000
patch=1,EE,001B7960,word,24120050
patch=1,EE,001B796C,word,24130001

Looney Tunes - ACME Arsenal
[480p Mode]
gsinterlacemode=1
patch=1,EE,00371A4C,word,24110000
patch=1,EE,00371A50,word,24120050
patch=1,EE,00371A5C,word,24130001
Thank you very much for these. As I own copies of them I can try and verify for you. What should I specifically pay attention to?

How do I apply these patches?
I learned how!

LOONEY TUNES ACME ARSENAL - Seems to be fine! The emulator reports 60FPS and 60hz. I can tell the smoothness, mostly in gameplay.. Menus as well. FMVs seem to oscilate a lot between 20-25-sometimes 29, inestable not exactly a negative, and it's not that important or a problem. I'd have to try the NTSC copy see if FMVs are noticeably better, but I think I can live with 20-25 FMVs. I think it'd be more of a problem in games where there's a pitch difference. But trying the NTSC copy feels it's not much different. Only thing is, I have yet to figure out why and this is not related to the patch - the game's widescreen, and appears letterboxed even if I set the picture to Widescreen 16:9 on the emulator. It kinda bothers me. Does anyone know what's up?

FAMILY GUY THE VIDEOGAME - Seems spotless! 60hz working, at least to what the emu says; FMVs also work at 30fps. Gameplay is stuck at 30 though.

I'll keep trying with the rest of my games you've made patches to and will report back here editing this message to avoid making too many messages.
(02-28-2024, 02:42 PM)DavionBlackwing Wrote: [ -> ]I learned how!

Just applied patch to Acme Arsenal. The emulator reports 60FPS and 60hz. Seems to work fine, I can tell the smoothness, mostly in gameplay.. MenusĀ  as well. FMVs seem to oscilate a lot between 20-25-sometimes 29, inestable not exactly a negative, and it's not that important or a problem. I'd have to try the NTSC copy see if FMVs are noticeably better, but I think I can live with 20-25 FMVs. I think it'd be more of a problem in games where there's a pitch difference.

Only thing is, I have yet to figure out why and this is not related to the patch - the game's widescreen, and appears letterboxed even if I set the picture to Widescreen 16:9 on the emulator.

I'll keep trying with the rest of my games you've made patches to and will report back here editing this message to avoid making too many messages.

I had them on a list to verify that they run at the exact speed. I have only checked that there are no errors in fmv or in the game. You don't have to compare it with the version from another region because they are different, you have to compare it with the original game without patches. What I do is time the fmv and original scenes and then I apply the patch and check that they last the same, there are no jerks or audio cuts. And in gameplay I do tests of that style, if everything is accurate as in 50 Hz I publish it.
For the fps, most of them are included and you can activate them from the "patches" tab of the properties of each game
Ah, thanks for clarifying. I'll try to test such things and report back to you. Though it's a bit harder for me that way I'm sure I can do it Smile

Some of the games have 50 fps patches on PAL and 60 fps patches, but I'm not gonna be picky as the difference probably isn't that huge with 10fps.
Hello! The ACME Arsenal patch you just put in Github doesn't work properly. Applying both patches makes my game fastforward speed with no way of making it stop.
(02-29-2024, 04:17 AM)DavionBlackwing Wrote: [ -> ]Hello! The ACME Arsenal patch you just put in Github doesn't work properly. Applying both patches makes my game fastforward speed with no way of making it stop.

Does it happen to you in a specific mission or since you start the game? It works perfectly for me in what I've tried... Do a clean install of pcsx2 or restore the default settings and delete the game settings from the "gamesettings" folder.