..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 60 fps codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence (USA) (En,Es) (Disc 1) (Subsistence Disc) crc:053D2239
Metal Gear Solid 3 - Subsistence (USA) (En,Es) (Disc 2) (Persistence Disc) crc:01B2FA7F

+Alternate code disable fps caps for gameplay and some parts in cutscenes to 60fps always

someone tell me game cap fps in some cutscenes parts (like snake dropping tobacco in airplane intro) check functions and see sometimes fps cap is called, the code always pass fps unlocked include cutscenes (not fully tested), if you play with fixed camera overclock is not necessary almost run 60 fps but using new camera overclock level 1/2 is recomended for 60fps; disc 2 online mode uses other executable 60 fps is  possible but till someday i check about dnas stuff etc maybe i port it, snake vs monkey works ok 60fps, for msx games i recomend use nearest, no bilinear or sharp in native resolution; (not use this code with others fps codes = errors or crash will happen) for automated settings use my gamesettings in repo.
How do you guys do the 60hz thing? I don't wanna keep requesting as much as you guys don't mind if it's done well and with patience.

So far, I understand two things; that it's got something to do with debugging in the PS2 emulator and finding some sort of code. And that it won't work for all games because some have massive differences like 25FPS video. Do I understand most "60hz" parts are just sort of transfering code from the NTSC version to the PAL? How is it done and how can someone know when it'll work fine and not need some testing? Wacko
(03-13-2024, 08:06 PM)DavionBlackwing Wrote: [ -> ]How do you guys do the 60hz thing? I don't wanna keep requesting as much as you guys don't mind if it's done well and with patience.
So far, I understand two things; that it's got something to do with debugging in the PS2 emulator and finding some sort of code. And that it won't work for all games because some have massive differences like 25FPS video. Do I  understand most "60hz" parts are just sort of transfering code from the NTSC version to the PAL? How is it done and how can someone know when it'll work fine and not need some testing? Wacko

Almost all of them can be converted to NTSC but in almost all of them the image and in most of them the speed needs to be corrected. One of the generic and simple ways is the following: You extract the .elf of the game with the program "elf_extract", you open that .elf with another program called "ELF Search Tool". Select the "Big" option and in the fields write the following:

Search: 00052C00 FFB20020 00063400 FFB10010 00073C00 
Replace: 3C050000 FFB20020 3C060002 FFB10010 3C070001 

Press Search below and copy those 3 lines that appear into a .pnach with the game's region code and crc (corresponding to the .elf, there are games that have several and it is important that it is the correct one). This is the easy part. Now we have to try to correct the image to adapt it so that it is not cropped, correct the speed of the game since it probably runs 10% faster and the FMVs do not play correctly. That's why there are so few conversions to NTSC. Good luck and good searching Wink, I hope I have helped you in some way
(03-13-2024, 08:56 PM)PeterDelta Wrote: [ -> ]Almost all of them can be converted to NTSC but in almost all of them the image and in most of them the speed needs to be corrected. One of the generic and simple ways is the following: You extract the .elf of the game with the program "elf_extract", you open that .elf with another program called "ELF Search Tool". Select the "Big" option and in the fields write the following:

Press Search below and copy those 3 lines that appear into a .pnach with the game's region code and crc (corresponding to the .elf, there are games that have several and it is important that it is the correct one). This is the easy part. Now we have to try to correct the image to adapt it so that it is not cropped, correct the speed of the game since it probably runs 10% faster and the FMVs do not play correctly. That's why there are so few conversions to NTSC. Good luck and good searching Wink, I hope I have helped you in some way

I tried what you told me, but it didn't work. Nothing with the game changed, even if the emu said the patch was applied.
(03-14-2024, 07:47 PM)DavionBlackwing Wrote: [ -> ] I tried what you told me, but it didn't work. Nothing with the game changed, even if the emu said the patch was applied.
Hey bro , there is many way to unlock progressive mode but maybe for you are more easy if you search 00069403 and replace with 24120050 because this address is very easy to match but keep in mind that a lot of games will break internal clock, hang and show wrong resolution and require more debugging
(03-14-2024, 10:33 PM)Gabominated Wrote: [ -> ]Hey bro , there is many way to unlock progressive mode but maybe for you are more easy if you search 00069403 and replace with 24120050 because this address is very easy to match but keep in mind that a lot of games will break internal clock, hang and show wrong resolution and require more debugging

Yeah, I just want to at least *try* myself before I start making a request list, you know? Laugh 

It's very hard, that much I've gathered, but since the start, of course. ^^

Are 60hz and progressive mode the same thing, actually? Because not all games are 480p, I mostly would like 60hz. Like they are in the US
Would somebody mind looking into Dirge of Cerberus FFVII (SLUS-21419 CRC:44A5FA15)? The game seems to step down to half vsync rate occasionally but increasing the EE cyclerate has no effect and cycle skipping causes the game to step down another vsync fraction. I was wondering if square implemented something that could be overridden by a patch to keep the game at 60, because it feels pretty terrible when it drops. You can trigger the framerate drop reliably in the first chapter after beating the dragonfly attack helicopter, during the ingame cutscene after.

Nvm, EE timing hack seems to keep the game at 60! Strange, but i'll take it!
I find the Rayman Revolution beta I found is european and has 60hz, I wonder if that can be ported somehow to the PAL retail?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it's the US version, just sent in Europe
(03-13-2024, 08:56 PM)PeterDelta Wrote: [ -> ]Almost all of them can be converted to NTSC but in almost all of them the image and in most of them the speed needs to be corrected. One of the generic and simple ways is the following: You extract the .elf of the game with the program "elf_extract", you open that .elf with another program called "ELF Search Tool". Select the "Big" option and in the fields write the following:

I tried this with another game - it runs at 60hz but of course there's a crop. The game also runs 10% faster, just as you said. How do I fix that kind of thing?
(03-15-2024, 08:56 PM)DavionBlackwing Wrote: [ -> ]I tried this with another game - it runs at 60hz but of course there's a crop. The game also runs 10% faster, just as you said. How do I fix that kind of thing?

You have to look for it since it is different in each game, I suggest you start with the asasega tutorial