..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 60 fps codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-17-2022, 06:09 PM)ShiraiHana Wrote: [ -> ]anyone have 60 fps codes for FF crimsone butterfly SLUS-20766

the ones you quoted above
Request

Blood+ - One Night Kiss
Code Age Commanders
Musashi - Samurai Legend
Rise of the Kasai
Panzer Front Ausf.B

Thanks
Dynamite Deka

CRC - 31660020

//60Fps Hack
patch=1,EE,0029701c,word,00000001 //00000002
patch=1,EE,00297024,word,00000001 //00000002

Note: Double Speed
(03-26-2022, 05:57 PM)flcl8193 Wrote: [ -> ]MGS2 please patch 30/25 fps. I found speed modifiers, but many things stay half as slow.

Hy there,

Did you manage to find a solution for the Mgs2 fps limit patch?

Thanks so much!
Quote:el_rika
Hy there man,

I saw in the forums that you were looking for a way to properly limit MGS2 framerate via patch, for better performance.

Did you manage to find a way?

I know that games with fixed framerates are tricky to try and change the frames, so any luck friend?

Hello!
With a patch, everything is complicated.
There is a fps limit patch, but the animation speed in the gameplay is reduced accordingly.
For cutscenes, there is most likely an alternative timer.
Those. FPS reduction does not affect the speed of the cutscene.
I spent a lot of hours looking for a solution to speed up gameplay animations and they are all bad. The point is that there is a way to make the animation run faster or slower.

1) This value is 5. It is directly written in every Mar animation archive in the game files.
But changing it with a patch is pointless because the Mar file is loaded from disk when it is in use and into a random location in memory.
So we can't know which address to patch.
A good option would be to patch the game .iso, but the game files are encrypted and most importantly compressed.
For example, changing the number 5 to 3 (animation acceleration) will not allow the file to be compressed again with the same size.
And this means that overwriting (patch .iso) will overwrite part of the neighboring file.

2) Animation speed is calculated every frame and always using the number 5 from the Mar archive of animations and is (if I remember correctly) 0x41f0000, but the address of all animation values is unique for the level and you need to create a huge patch for all animations, conditions ... in short, this is impossible .

As an option, carefully study the mechanism for calculating the value of 0x41f00000 and patch the mechanism itself or be able to patch the value 5 for the Mar archive in .iso.
The first option may not give anything, and the second is very difficult.
Although if it works out, it will speed up all konami games: mgs 2 & 3, zoe 2, twin snakes.
All these games run on the same engine.

I couldn't send you a private message. you have them disabled.
(11-02-2022, 09:37 PM)flcl8193 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello!
With a patch, everything is complicated.
There is a fps limit patch, but the animation speed in the gameplay is reduced accordingly.
For cutscenes, there is most likely an alternative timer.
Those. FPS reduction does not affect the speed of the cutscene.
I spent a lot of hours looking for a solution to speed up gameplay animations and they are all bad. The point is that there is a way to make the animation run faster or slower.

1) This value is 5. It is directly written in every Mar animation archive in the game files.
But changing it with a patch is pointless because the Mar file is loaded from disk when it is in use and into a random location in memory.
So we can't know which address to patch.
A good option would be to patch the game .iso, but the game files are encrypted and most importantly compressed.
For example, changing the number 5 to 3 (animation acceleration) will not allow the file to be compressed again with the same size.
And this means that overwriting (patch .iso) will overwrite part of the neighboring file.

2) Animation speed is calculated every frame and always using the number 5 from the Mar archive of animations and is (if I remember correctly) 0x41f0000, but the address of all animation values is unique for the level and you need to create a huge patch for all animations, conditions ... in short, this is impossible .

As an option, carefully study the mechanism for calculating the value of 0x41f00000 and patch the mechanism itself or be able to patch the value 5 for the Mar archive in .iso.
The first option may not give anything, and the second is very difficult.
Although if it works out, it will speed up all konami games: mgs 2 & 3, zoe 2, twin snakes.
All these games run on the same engine.

I couldn't send you a private message. you have them disabled.

Hy there,

Thanks so much for your detailed answer.
Sorry for having the private messaging blocked, i had no idea it was like that (i enabled them now).

This does sound almost impossible to achieve thoug. Sad
Luckily, MGS3 was fps patched with the common method (works wonderfully). I guess the only option for MGS2 is to be tweaked inside the emulator, for performance gains, which makes the smoothness (especially in the demanding cutscenes) a bit uneven, but overall.perfectly enjoyable

Thanks again for your efforts man!
(11-03-2022, 05:41 AM)el_rika Wrote: [ -> ]Hy there,

Thanks so much for your detailed answer.
Sorry for having the private messaging blocked, i had no idea it was like that (i enabled them now).

This does sound almost impossible to achieve thoug. Sad
Luckily, MGS3 was fps patched with the common method (works wonderfully). I guess the only option for MGS2 is to be tweaked inside the emulator, for performance gains, which makes the smoothness (especially in the demanding cutscenes) a bit uneven, but overall.perfectly enjoyable

Thanks again for your efforts man!

Nothing to be thankful for yet. I have achieved nothing but small grains of understanding how the game works.

In fact, while I was writing to you, I just thought that if there is a function that calculates the animation speed for each frame and knows the addresses where to write the value, then you can find a way and write an arbitrary value.
But apart from 'lui', 'lu' and 'b' registers, I don't understand anything in what is written in the debugger. 
But I think I will return to this issue soon.

Regarding the cutscenes, as I wrote above, changing the frame limiter does not affect the speed of the cutscenes. 
I already wrote the address of the frame limiter somewhere in this thread. 
Perhaps with the help of a debugger you can find a value that writes the value of the frame limit and overwrite the value that is written so that the alternative limiter works only in cutscenes (I think I already found something like that).

I want to note that in the gameplay MGS 3 works at a frequency of 30 fps, and in cutscenes 60.
A patch on this forum allowed me to watch cutscenes, but the gameplay remained just as slow.
The ideal would be 20 fps, but in MGS 3 this patch is supposed to change the animation speed, but it is limited somewhere else in the engine.
I was able to sort of remove the restrictions, but when going through the loading screen, I had to change weapons in order for the animation speed to be recalculated and accelerated.
And it was weird.
(11-03-2022, 07:43 PM)flcl8193 Wrote: [ -> ]Regarding the cutscenes, as I wrote above, changing the frame limiter does not affect the speed of the cutscenes. 
I already wrote the address of the frame limiter somewhere in this thread. 
Perhaps with the help of a debugger you can find a value that writes the value of the frame limit and overwrite the value that is written so that the alternative limiter works only in cutscenes (I think I already found something like that).

Having the gameplay 60/50 fps, and the cutscenes locked at a maximum of 30/25, would be a fantastic middle ground for MGS2.
Of course having both at 30 would privide the best and smoothest performance even on lowest end devices.

If in your endeavours you manage to achieve some of this, please share, it would be a great day  Smile

(my zero tehnical skills would definitelly not help this situation in any way sadly Wacko )
Hello, did anyone look into creating a full 60fps cheat for Radiata Stories? (the game runs at 60fps outside of battles, but in battle it's 30fps)
Hi, can someone Please Create a 60FPS Patch for 'The Warriors' Game,
i know it may take alot of time and i don't know if its possible to make one, but if it's possible i would be Really Thankful.

Thanks!