..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: 60 fps codes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-29-2024, 12:47 PM)PeterDelta Wrote: [ -> ]Does it happen to you in a specific mission or since you start the game? It works perfectly for me in what I've tried... Do a clean install of pcsx2 or restore the default settings and delete the game settings from the "gamesettings" folder.

Just this game specifically, and only with the patches applied. Either just one or the two together. It acts like the fast forward button is togged on and stuck without a stop.

I'll try your suggestion when I'm home and report back to you.
(02-28-2024, 05:57 AM)DavionBlackwing Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to make requests PAL 60hz for these games. Mostly the 60hz patch. 60fps only if there was a patch already for the NTSC version.

I understand it's a few, I don't need them *right now* Take all the time you need, I'm in no hurry, this is a favour and takes time. Please don't take my requests the wrong way.

- The Legend of Spyro: A New Beginning
- The Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night
- The Legend of Spyro: Dawn of the Dragon
- Spyro: Enter the Dragonfly
- Spyro: A Hero's Tail
- Looney Tunes: ACME Arsenal
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action
- Family Guy: The Videogame
- Crash: The Wrath of Cortex
- Digimon: Rumble Arena
- Secret Agent Clank
- The Simpsons: Road Rage
- The Simpsons: The Videogame
- Sly Cooper: 1, 2 & 3
some spyros already had NTSC 60hz codes for PAL version in thread use search box or check my signature
(03-01-2024, 05:08 PM)felixthecat1970 Wrote: [ -> ]some spyros already had NTSC 60hz codes for PAL version in thread use search box or check my signature

Thank you. I'll start searching the thread as well from now on. Smile

I honestly wish I knew a thing or two about coding so I could also provide patches for my requests and this forum, as well, and help out.
60 FPS patches for the split-screen modes of Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (UYA) and Ratchet: Deadlocked.

Because these games load the relevant code dynamically, these are dynamic patches. As PCSX2 doesn't yet expose a GUI to configure them, you'll need to manually edit the GameIndex.yaml file.

You'll need to overclock a lot. Even at 180% the PS2 will struggle during intense moments. Unfortunately, at 300%, the game models are corrupted... (Maybe there's a value between 180% and 300% that doesn't corrupt the models?)

There are two versions of the patch, which have different effects when the PS2 can't keep up: the first one frameskips (but you'll stay at full speed), and the second one gradually slows down the game (but you'll see all the frames).

The patches may work on other versions of the games (or they'll do nothing). If they do work on the PAL version, the last line's value will probably need to be modified.

(Note that the codeblocks may hide part of the patch, make sure you copy all of it)

Ratchet: Deadlocked (SCUS-97465)

Frameskip version:
Code:
  dynaPatches:
    - pattern:
        - { offset: 0x58, value: 0xA2B01680 }
        - { offset: 0x60, value: 0x00000000 }
        - { offset: 0x68, value: 0x00000000 }
        - { offset: 0x6C, value: 0xA2A01680 }
        - { offset: 0x70, value: 0x3C030022 }
        - { offset: 0x74, value: 0x8C63DDA4 }
        - { offset: 0x78, value: 0x8C620000 }
      replacement:
        - { offset: 0x04, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the first physics step (not the second one: it does things like drawing the aiming reticle)
        - { offset: 0x50, value: 0x00000000 } # Always take the "not 3/4 players" branch (I don't know what it's actually for, but without this, 3/4 players is broken)
        - { offset: 0x34, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the first VSync (leaving the one that is never skipped)
        # Feel free to tweak the last 4 digits of the value.
        # If too low: the game will frameskip when it doesn't need to.
        # If too high: the game may not realize that it needs to frameskip, and run at half speed. Avoid!
        - { offset: 0x94, value: 0x24032480 } # Reduce the time required to do another framestep (so that the game will frameskip if it can't keep up)

Slowdown version:
Code:
  dynaPatches:
    - pattern:
        - { offset: 0x58, value: 0xA2B01680 }
        - { offset: 0x68, value: 0x00000000 }
        - { offset: 0x6C, value: 0xA2A01680 }
        - { offset: 0x70, value: 0x3C030022 }
        - { offset: 0x74, value: 0x8C63DDA4 }
        - { offset: 0x78, value: 0x8C620000 }
      replacement:
        - { offset: 0x04, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the first physics step (not the second one: it does things like drawing the aiming reticle)
        - { offset: 0x50, value: 0x00000000 } # Always take the "not 3/4 players" branch (I don't know what it's actually for, but without this, 3/4 players is broken)
        - { offset: 0x160, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the second VSync (leaving the one that may be skipped)
        # If too low: the game will accelerate when almost struggling (unnoticeable if slightly lower).
        # If too high: the game may not disable VSync when struggling, and thus run at half speed. Avoid!
        - { offset: 0x18, value: 0x24031A00 } # Reduce the time required to skip VSync (so that the game can slow down gradually if it can't keep up, instead of straight to half speed)

Ratchet & Clank: Up Your Arsenal (SCUS-97353)

Frameskip version:
Code:
  dynaPatches:
    - pattern:
        - { offset: 0x50, value: 0x24022D00 }
        - { offset: 0x54, value: 0x0044180B }
        - { offset: 0x58, value: 0x00A3182A }
        - { offset: 0x68, value: 0x0000202D }
      replacement:
        - { offset: 0x08, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the first physics step (not the second one: it does things like drawing the aiming reticle)
        - { offset: 0x80, value: 0x00000000 } # Always take the "not 3/4 players" branch (I don't know what it's actually for, but without this, 3/4 players is broken)
        - { offset: 0x64, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the first VSync (leaving the one that is never skipped)
        # If too low: the game will frameskip when it doesn't need to.
        # If too high: the game may not realize that it needs to frameskip, and run at half speed. Avoid!
        - { offset: 0xbc, value: 0x24032480 } # Reduce the time required to do another framestep (so that the game will frameskip if it can't keep up)

Slowdown version:
Code:
  dynaPatches:
    - pattern:
        - { offset: 0x50, value: 0x24022D00 }
        - { offset: 0x54, value: 0x0044180B }
        - { offset: 0x58, value: 0x00A3182A }
        - { offset: 0x68, value: 0x0000202D }
      replacement:
        - { offset: 0x08, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the first physics step (not the second one: it does things like drawing the aiming reticle)
        - { offset: 0x80, value: 0x00000000 } # Always take the "not 3/4 players" branch (I don't know what it's actually for, but without this, 3/4 players is broken)
        - { offset: 0x164, value: 0x00000000 } # Remove the second VSync (leaving the one that may be skipped)
        # If too low: the game will accelerate when almost struggling (unnoticeable if slightly lower).
        # If too high: the game may not disable VSync when struggling, and thus run at half speed. Avoid!
        - { offset: 0x48, value: 0x24031A00 } # Reduce the time required to skip VSync (so that the game can slow down gradually if it can't keep up, instead of straight to half speed)

If you tried these codes on another version of the games, they don't work, and you want to port them, there's good news: all the code involved is in the "main loop" of the split screen logic. Simply pause the emulation (while running split-screen) whenever you want, step over to all the `jr`s (using breakpoints), and when you can't reach one because of an upwards branch taken all the time, then you know you are in the main loop.
Through trial and error, find what function is the VSync (there are two of them, the first called conditionally): when noped, the game will run twice a fast and at double the framerate. Then find the physics step (there are three of them, the third one called conditionally): when noped, the game will run at half speed.
Follow the comments of the existing patch to do the rest.
Resident Evil Code Veronica X 60fps?
Deus Ex have the unlocked FPS for Spain and German version. Can I demand to unlock the french version too, please?
(03-05-2024, 01:19 PM)Jomida Wrote: [ -> ]Deus Ex have the unlocked FPS for Spain and German version. Can I demand to unlock the french version too, please?

You don't say please after making a demand Tongue .
This is amazing and just in time for my replay of this great game. Man, the battle system in this game is just peak turn based battle system and every jrpg fan should try it just for that.
I just finished disc 1 and the only issues is some menu animations are too fast, like the indicator flashing and the cutscenes runs too fast. Didn't matter to me since I played it before but for new playthroughs you'd have to manually turn the patch off for cutscenes. Is an automatic on/off for cutscenes possible?

(02-12-2024, 02:25 AM)Gabominated Wrote: [ -> ]Grandia III SLUS-21334 5B657DAD

note: new patch that no need address to fix traverse and no freeze at all, no need for conditional, I was testing a while, about 5hrs but send me feed back if anything wrong happens
Is there 60fps patch for Final Fantasy X: International?
(03-05-2024, 01:19 PM)Jomida Wrote: [ -> ]Deus Ex have the unlocked FPS for Spain and German version. Can I demand to unlock the french version too, please?

Ok, after some check-up, the patch for Deus Ex: Spain is also compatible with the French version. Problem, my PCSX2 don't recognize the french version, I check everything, all is correct, the Spain version is fully playable at 50 FPS, but not activate for the French version...

However, I also test the French version under AetherSX2 on mobile, and guess what, I can play at 50 FPS... So, the patch is Ok but not on my PCSX2, maybe futur patch, or bad setup to my side IDK.

Forget about my request, thank you for the great job!