..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Drats. I have a problem and I can't find it on the forums. I'm pretty sure it has to be asked before though, seems like it's not a unique problem. Anyway I'll ask it anyway; when a game doesn't run on full speed, say 30-40 FPS, the sounds skips instead of just slow down. ZeroSPU slows the music down, which is way better then skips in the sound. How can I change this?
Increase the latency in the spu2-x config.
To slow down the sound like on ZeroSPU,don't disable the Time Stretching
Excellent, thanks a lot guys, this is way better Smile
I just want to ask a question. I'm using spu2-x and I've noticed that the music loops in a specific game (Gow). In the other two games that I own the sound is ok. What might be the reason for these loops? Maybe the hacks that I'm using, maybe something else... Does anyone have any assumption what might cause the sound to loop?
maybe you have time-stretching disabled (that could happen when you have lower than 60fps while having time-stretching disabled Smile)
I don't think so. It is gamerelated issue, coz it happens for me too. Sometimes BG-audio (music) just stops playing (some places has such effect static, like that place before deadwood/swamps).
Hello Jake, i have 2 sound card and I use directsound output but when i open pcsx2 it always use the primary device,
what must i do to make the secondary sound card as default device to be used in pcsx2?
It will be troublesome to change it everytime i open pcsx2
I just want to ask a question. I'm using spu2-x and I've noticed that the music loops in a specific game (Gow). In the other two games that I own the sound is ok. What might be the reason for these loops? Maybe the hacks that I'm using, maybe something else... Does anyone have any assumption what might cause the sound to loop?

(04-28-2009, 08:28 AM)Kein Wrote: [ -> ]I don't think so. It is gamerelated issue, coz it happens for me too. Sometimes BG-audio (music) just stops playing (some places has such effect static, like that place before deadwood/swamps).

Is there any concern of fixing this bug (music loops)? I know now that the problem concerns the pcsx2 emulator and not the specific plugin (spu2-x), but since the sound bug was analyzed here I'm making the question here too.
(05-05-2009, 05:49 AM)ken07 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Jake, i have 2 sound card and I use directsound output but when i open pcsx2 it always use the primary device,
what must i do to make the secondary sound card as default device to be used in pcsx2?
It will be troublesome to change it everytime i open pcsx2

You should be able to force the device selection using the DirectSound Configuration box. It's the "Configure..." button located below the drop-down box that allows you to select XA2/DSound, etc. It's not especially well tested since I only have one soundcard myself. Let me know if it doesn't work correctly.