..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
SPU2-X v1.4 can't distinguish streamed music from sequenced/tracked music. Sad

And then i tested drag and drop every file from videogame iso into goldwave, only to hear if the music is streamed or sequenced. Mellow

If music is streamed, i can hear all instruments with drums playing at exactly same time as mp3 music. Sad
If music is sequenced, i can hear all instruments playing solo alone after each other. Smile
There is no mechanism in SPU2-X to distinguish sequenced from streamed music.
It doesn't have to know.
I told you already to block the streamed music by blocking the ADMA channels
(in the source, of course). Dunno what else you want to do..
SPU2-X v1.4 won't work for me ... i think it's (dx) prblm .. need an update ... am using wind7 ... can some one paste for me a link to update m DX ?
bcoz i lost of searching ...
thnx in advance
(10-19-2010, 11:24 AM)Mad Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]SPU2-X v1.4 won't work for me ... i think it's (dx) prblm .. need an update ... am using wind7 ... can some one paste for me a link to update m DX ?
thnx in advance

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...ceb6d8fa8d
(10-19-2010, 12:01 PM)Bositman Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-19-2010, 11:24 AM)Mad Wolf Wrote: [ -> ]SPU2-X v1.4 won't work for me ... i think it's (dx) prblm .. need an update ... am using wind7 ... can some one paste for me a link to update m DX ?
thnx in advance

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/en/de...ceb6d8fa8d

Thnx allot Bositman ... and thumb up 4 quick response Smile
What does SPU2-X currently do when presented with Dolby/DTS audio? If handling for this isn't implemented, would you mind if I tried to hack in some kind of decoder using an open source library (preferably liba52/libdca over libavcodec in order to keep the size down)? I'm not promising anything but I'm looking for a project to do in my free time and my main interests are in reverse engineering and audio processing so this looks like an ideal opportunity.
Gigaherz tried to add this back when SPU2-X still was SPU2Gigaherz.
Liba52 may even be in the project tree yet Wink

Proper decoding seemed to be the biggest problem but I also think
you'll have a pretty hard time implementing proper time stretch
and making sure you distribute the 6 streams to the correct speakers.

Since games always provide a normal stereo stream for their FMVs
(the only situation where you'll find AC3 being used Tongue2), it's not
really necessary to have imo.

If you still want to try then by all means, go ahead!
If it's good code and works on Windows and Linux, we'd definitely
add it to the SVN Wink
For liba52 look around revision 3887. For linux, add a nice define to desactivate it, it is only to ease binary release without liba52 dependency in some distribution. Goold luck.
i have sound crackling wid many games (gow one of them) ... is dis problem bcoz m prosecor speed is low ... or it's kind of config ? ... if so , then wat's da best config for (gow) .. pic if possible
thnx
I've recently switched from Alsa/Pulse to OSS4.x on my Ubuntu 10.10 32bit and now I don't have sound on PCSX2, is there any way to make it work on OSS4?

Here's the audio related error I get when I start any game on pcsx2:

Quote:* SPU2-X: Enumerating PortAudio devices: *** Device 0: '/dev/dsp' (OSS)
*** Device 1: '/dev/dsp1' (OSS)
*** Device 2: '/dev/dsp2' (OSS)
*** Device 3: '/dev/dsp3' (OSS)
*** Device 4: '/dev/dsp4' (OSS)
*** Device 5: '/dev/dsp5' (OSS)
*** Device 6: '/dev/dsp6' (OSS)
*** Device 7: '/dev/dsp7' (OSS)
* SPU2-X: PortAudio error: Device unavailable

And this is what I get when I configure SPU2-X on pcsx2:
Quote:ALSA lib confmisc.c:768Sadparse_card) cannot find card '0'
ALSA lib conf.c:4170Sad_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_card_driver returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:392Sadsnd_func_concat) error evaluating strings
ALSA lib conf.c:4170Sad_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_concat returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib confmisc.c:1251Sadsnd_func_refer) error evaluating name
ALSA lib conf.c:4170Sad_snd_config_evaluate) function snd_func_refer returned error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib conf.c:4649Sadsnd_config_expand) Evaluate error: No such file or directory
ALSA lib pcm.c:2208Sadsnd_pcm_open_noupdate) Unknown PCM default
Releasing host memory maps for virtual systems...

EDIT: Solved the issue by creating the file .asoundrc on my $HOME folder and adding these lines to it:
Code:
pcm.!default
{
   type oss
   device /dev/dsp
}
mixer.!default
{
   type oss
   device /dev/dsp
}