..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-05-2013, 05:52 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]The output module doesn't influence the sound quality, only latency.
And it's best to keep using XA2 on Windows, since DSound is getting phased out and all the compatibility layers make it slow.

(02-05-2013, 05:54 PM)KrossX Wrote: [ -> ]In my opinion, just pick the interpolation method you like. Don't forget to try the de-alias filter too, which might sound good for certain games (dunno which). As for the API, use DirectSound for Windows XP, use XAudio2 for Vista+ (or use WASAPI / WDM-KS once it gets available later).

#EDIT: Ninja'd by rama.

Thanks.
I'm having a bit of a problem with Fatal Fury Battle Archives volume 2 which may be SPU2-X related. Some of the sounds cut off abruptly and, if I log what's going on in the console, the sounds are terminated with this message: Voice Off by ADSR: 0

If a sound terminates normally it says this: Voice Off by EndPoint: 0

It seems to be recieving the KeyOff message prematurely if I'm interpreting things correctly.

I'm compiling my own builds as I have need for a faster emulated EE but I really don't have the knowledge to attempt fix this sound problem myself. Is there anything I could try changing in the source to help to alleviate the problem?

Edit: Actually, no need for any help. It seems that the version that comes with the latest official release of PCSX2 (r5350 ?) does not seem to have this problem but unless something is going wrong with my builds the current SVN version does.
The FF Battle Archives 2 bug started in r5446 if the developers are interested. I've confirmed by compiling the latest SVN build with only r5446's change reverted.
Yeah, of course we're interested Tongue2
This shows again that we're still missing something with those pesky parked voices.
Btw, the commit log was:
"SPU2-X: Disabled the parked voice processing optimisation completely for now.
Fixes Silent Hill: Shattered Memories, maybe others."
https://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=5446
How much effort would be needed to be able to selectively mute specific (internal, pre-mixing) channels and expose that through a simple GUI? If it's simple/fast enough to do, is that something you could consider adding at some point?
didn't peops spu2 have a feature like this?
It does, actually, yes. Unfortunately, I couldn't get it to work on any version. The debug window stays non-responsive. But something like that would be perfect! Wink
Hi,

I hope to get some help regarding Winamp DSP plugins on PSU2-X for FFXII.

I've tried the instructions in this thread but the DSP simply doesn't appear.

It does however work with SPU2Ghz, but that plugin is buggy and also fails to load my save files.

I modify the SPU2-X.ini file accordingly:

Code:
[DSP PLUGIN]
Filename=C:\Program Files (x86)\Winamp\Plugins\dsp_neq.dll
ModuleNum=0
Enabled=TRUE

Anyone?
Virgin KLM you spoke of being able to replace the game tracks on the ISO with PCM tracks from the game's official OST. HOw is this possible? can we also do this for PPSSPP too or JPCSP? Because the audio sounds really poor on computers.

BTW how is that PCSX2 real 5.1 channel research going?
Eloris:
Sorry for the late reply. A feature like that could be useful for debugging. Just need to add some code and GUI work.

WiZofOz:
Maybe the DSP plugin system is broken? I didn't test it for ages now. Try to revert to some older versions and see
if it works there.

jadentheman:
It's possible for some games but it's not as easy as replacing files on the disk. Things like loop programming and
memory constraints need to be accounted for.