..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Can you tell us what your SPU2-X settings are?
Try to reset them all to defaults (by deleting the SPU2-X.ini in /inis).
(12-15-2012, 03:00 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]In that case i guess there is something wrong with your machine or your something. That release was nearly a year and a half ago and this is the first we've heard of it. Id suggest doing memtest on your machine at the very least, not sure what else to suggest, it is a bit of a weird one.

I have done an extensive stability test of my machine in the past and have found no problems.. Huh

Machine passes OCCT Linpack/avx test for over an hour (mem usage >90%), IBT >20 rounds = pass, memtestx86 (puredos) = passed 100%

Realy, no BSOD or OS freez/lockups here ...! I do video editing/encoding /transcode on my machine which is another cpu/memory intensive task and all is working just perfect on that part Huh

(12-15-2012, 06:06 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Can you tell us what your SPU2-X settings are?
Try to reset them all to defaults (by deleting the SPU2-X.ini in /inis).

The spu2-X is and alway's has been at default xAudio settings !!

Here are the settings incase you like to know: SPU2-X r5460
[Image: 11696527.jpg]

Glad to hear you still all ears to improve this already great piece of software Cool

cherriepoppers,
Well, no idea what to do about this then until I get such a crash myself.
In the mean time, use the dsound module? Tongue2
(12-15-2012, 10:07 PM)Metagondria Wrote: [ -> ]I have done an extensive stability test of my machine in the past and have found no problems.. Huh

That may be so, but that doesn't mean there isnt a problem.

For example i just started playing Dead Island on mine, i've never had any problems with any games on my computer, stress tested to death without a single error, yet the graphics in this game were screwed. Tried reinstalling drivers, directx, visual C runtimes, resetting settings of stuff to default, running system file checkers, messing with BIOS settings to no avail.

Reinstalled my PC and now it's perfect. So it goes to show not every system is error proof despite everything else working fine Tongue
(12-16-2012, 09:47 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]That may be so, but that doesn't mean there isnt a problem.

For example i just started playing Dead Island on mine, i've never had any problems with any games on my computer, stress tested to death without a single error, yet the graphics in this game were screwed. Tried reinstalling drivers, directx, visual C runtimes, resetting settings of stuff to default, running system file checkers, messing with BIOS settings to no avail.

Reinstalled my PC and now it's perfect. So it goes to show not every system is error proof despite everything else working fine Tongue

Hey refraction... is dead island one of those aforementioned games you haven't hadn any problems with before?

If not, and DI is an new game... you might want to check the release log of your GPU drivers !!

Despite the monthly even weekly released new gpu drivers from certain brands...
I have noticed that there alway's will be issues = bugs that the manufacturere haven't fixed /adresses yet in their next release !!

You might want to try differente Gpu drivers , even rollback an couple v.XXX !!

It is known to happen that perfect working drivers do break again in the next driver release Huh !!

That having said, updates doesn't alway's mean = Improvement Glare

Lastly, i have Dead island on my system (steam) and the game works like an charm on highest gpu setting Tongue

Even +Razer Hydra plaything its kind of fun Tongue ... only downside is ... that Unfortunately DI is one of those few games i get nauseous after an hour or so (motion sickness !!) .. litterally..Blink

Maybe pcsx2 crashes, just because my system is so well fine tuned Tongue LoL !!

P.S.: So far no pcsx2 crashes since.. a couple day's (holding fingers accrossed) Have played R&C for hours, SoC and so far fine !!

Did changed settings in bios prior to gameplay from the last couple day's..

cherriepoppers,
If you read what i said, i said id already tried messing with drivers, infact I already was using the latest NVidia drivers, i went all the way back to the 280.xx drivers with no avail (even doing driver cleans etc along the way), once windows was reinstalled i put 310.70 on again, it was fine ;p

It was something deeper than drivers/directx causing issues, which i couldn't resolve.
Now I have played the game with the latest plugins time enough without problems. Whatever caused the issues before is gone now, but since them I did a lot of clean up on my system.

Till something else happens again the plugin is deemed clear for me.
(12-17-2012, 01:50 AM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]If you read what i said, i said id already tried messing with drivers, infact I already was using the latest NVidia drivers, i went all the way back to the 280.xx drivers with no avail (even doing driver cleans etc along the way), once windows was reinstalled i put 310.70 on again, it was fine ;p

It was something deeper than drivers/directx causing issues, which i couldn't resolve.

No i forgot about that part Laugh.. My bad..

Now... odd that you succeed to get that exact driver to work again which failed before just by redo windowzzzz!!

Have you tried to clean up every left over ?

LIke using drive sweeper (old), or the succesor Fusion Driver Cool

Or better mayhap, an app that records every file/register keys from software that gets installed ?

(12-17-2012, 03:50 AM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: [ -> ]Now I have played the game with the latest plugins time enough without problems. Whatever caused the issues before is gone now, but since them I did a lot of clean up on my system.

Till something else happens again the plugin is deemed clear for me.

Tis a weird 1?

Have said it before and i keep saying it, can play for hours untill it crash or it crash whitin minutes..

Now, iam at lost because its been day's since i have had my last crash ...(fortunately) Biggrin

Odd, haven't changed any setting ever since.... except for...my cpu Tongue
I have oc my cpu even further with an few hundred hurtz Tongue

And pcsx2 seems to like it and run more stable Blink !!

Oh well... i say... poltergeist is at large here Ninja

cherriepoppers,
(12-17-2012, 08:59 PM)Metagondria Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried to clean up every left over ?

LIke using drive sweeper (old), or the succesor Fusion Driver Cool

I used Driver Sweeper, thats what i meant by doing driver cleans along the way ;p
(12-17-2012, 09:27 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]I used Driver Sweeper, thats what i meant by doing driver cleans along the way ;p

yEzz, and now i know what util you have tried too Tongue

Well, i recommend you try an install / uninstall 3rd part apps that keeps records from installed software/drivers next time.

Have had "some" succes using such an app that did an deep clean UNinstall from software that clogged my system whit left overs !!

Not only that but it even did such an torough job that i could re-use trial based software Biggrin

cherriepoppers,