..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having trouble with final fantasy X ntsc usa i am not getting any bios and plugins for this game please anyone if u have this please give the link and how to install it...
Hi Tavnir

Sorry to be the bringer of bad news but if you read the T&C of use for this forum any mention of bios assistance for links(Meanig downloaded bios is not allowed as this infringes on the licence the dev's have to distribute the emulator).

You can however upload the bios from your PS2 console and the dev's have been more than helpful in making a manual to do so!

The plugins on the lighter side of this convo is already in the latest release of the the emulator under the downloads tab of this forum!

Many thanks for playing fair ;D
There seems to be significant clipping issues in this plugin.

Audio Expansion with XAudio2 causes BAD crackling (from clipping) under certain loud sfx and songs. Disabling expansion (almost) fixes it.

XAudio2 and DirectSound both still have minor clipping problems with unusually loud sounds. I think this plugin is in dire need of a limiter.

(I use win7 64, pcsx2 0.97, and I don't have framerate issues.)

Which game(s), AllUltima?
We've just revised the loudness a last time (hope the changes are in the latest PCSX2 beta SPU2x).
There shouldn't be any clipping left in stereo output at least.
(12-16-2010, 02:23 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Which game(s), AllUltima?
We've just revised the loudness a last time (hope the changes are in the latest PCSX2 beta SPU2x).
There shouldn't be any clipping left in stereo output at least.

I did some additional testing and it's the Reverb that pushes it over the limit. Reverb 2x volume or higher, mainly.

With 2x+ reverb, one glaring example of clipping fresh in my mind is the toilet flush SFX in persona 3. But with the right SFX combo's, i've seen it in Ar Tonelico and if I recall certain attacks in FFX (maybe bahamut's attack?). I would say I've heard clipping in at least 20 assorted places.

I suppose the easy fix is to dip the "dry out" level for the reverb processing. But then there's the audio expansion too, I guess volumes should be dipped for that as well.

Also, as a side note, I actually generally prefer 4x reverb, because I think the PS2 creates much more reverb than 1x reverb on high-reverb channels. I suspect there is something wrong with the handling of the per-channel reverb levels, because many instrument channels in FFX use tons of reverb on the PS2 and it takes 4x reverb (or so) to approach the original sound. But it turns out its the 4x reverb that causes most of my clipping problems.

EDIT:
I decided to go ahead and download the source into visual studio 2010. But it seems SPU2-X doesn't build (though it almost does). After removing a few obviously old references from the project, I found that xaudio2.h simply isn't in the repository. Is there an older revision I should sync to that would actually compile?
We're still using MSVC 2008. The 2010 project files are outdated.
You can try to apply the patch from here, hope it works:
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/issues/detail?id=831#c5

Also:
The reverb processing is wrong right now. There's several reasons for that, mainly emulation related.
The IOP/SPU2 sync is (still) not good enough so some bad reverb parameters get uploaded at times.
We're also not sure about the reverb code itself.
Boosting the reverb volume is a hack that brings the results closer to the original sound (as you noticed).
If it makes it clip, then I'd say just disable the hack Tongue2

It's possible to clamp it though, we have functions for that.
I'll look into it using Persona 3.
Okay, I just checked it and it doesn't overflow anymore.
I also found the likely reason:
We fixed it in r3938 Tongue2
http://code.google.com/p/pcsx2/source/detail?r=3938
I'm glad I came here and read that part about reverb processing currently being wrong. I have been fighting to get rid of the crackling audio in several games (Persona 4/Valkyrie Profile 2, Rogue Galaxy/ Dark Cloud 2/ Sould Nomad/ etc). The problem wasn't "instant" crackling audio, as the audio would sound fine for about 20-30 minutes of playing, but then it would start to crackle, lag, and repeat. Nothing sucks more then hearing a character yell something during an attack only hear it yelled again 2 seconds later all crackly and distorted, overpowering whatever sound was supposed to be playing then.

(SPU2-X3702 1.4.0) I tried turning reverb on and off, using XAudio/Waveout/Directsound, Timestretch/Sync/None, increasing and decreasing the quality level.... but not once did it occur to me that turning on reverb and setting it to 4 would fix the problem. But it certainly seems to have.. for now. I'll play VP2 for a few more hours and see what happens.
Xionanx:
You're on the wrong track there. Enabling or disabling reverb wouldn't have any effect on the problem you describe.
Your problem sounds more like a too tight latency setting. Try adding 50ms to the latency.
Been there done that, probably should have mentioned that as well. Seriously, at this point the only setting I changed is bumping the reverb to 4x and viola, crackling audio fixed. Why? who the ***** knows. I "know" it "shouldnt" fix the issue, which is why I never tried it previously, but so far it has. Previously the only way to fix the problem was to close and restart PCSX2, play for 30 minutes or so until it started crackling, then close/restart it again. The fact that closing the emulator and restarting it fixed the sound issue as well leads me to believe there may be some kind of memory/buffer issue. Anyway, I'll keep playing with the reverb at x4 and see if the crackling comes back.

Granted I'm stuck using r3702 which was compiled back in march, where it seems you guys are working with r3938 now? Unless I'm missunderstanding your comment 2 posts up.

Well, the crackling came back, took longer this time though. Was playing Valkyrie Profile 2 from the time of this original post (5:21) until about 5 minutes ago (check the edit timestamp). I should note the crackling audio started about 25 minutes ago, but since I wasn't near a save point I put up with it for a bit. So buffer x4 just extends my play duration by a bit.