..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello, I have a problem with the sound on the game ParaPara Paradise. Everything works perfect with GSdx and SPU2-X, except when you are surfing the mode menu, the sound played when you move around (the typical high pitch half second sound) keeps playing, overlapping with more of them (if you move around 5 times, theres 5 sounds playing constantly) until you select a song (it keeps the sounds for around 5 seconds after the songs start). This doesnt happen with the ZeroSPU2 plugin, but the sound quality with that one is horrible.

is this a known bug or does it have an easy fix? i already tried every config option.
Sounds like a bug, maybe the same one as all the Crash games have.
It's unlikely that you can fix it by some setting, sorry.
fix sound crash team tag racing
If you can not make a noise?
when Direct sound device name is non English character(like CJK character),

Direct sound device selection is not saved

[Image: 50023893.png]
[Image: 60303611.png]

windows 7's sound device name is using own language
'main sound device' -> '주 사운드 장치'
'speaker ~bla bla bla~' -> '스피커 ~bla bla bla~'
It only grabs what windows tells it, so somehow you've installed a Japanese version of DirectX.
(06-19-2012, 07:30 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]It only grabs what windows tells it, so somehow you've installed a Japanese version of DirectX.

not a english windows7 on japanese Direct X, just usual korean version of Window 7 and Direct X

that device list is normal.

ploblem is when characters like CJK Unicode or others in device's name, Direct sound device selection is not working and saving.

just shows blank selection.
don't use Directsound, Xaudio is superior (lower percievable latency)
Seems like a legit bug, why aren't we just using GUIDs? That's what they're for.

EDIT: ...apparently we are, I can't immediately see what in the source could cause this.
no, somethings not right here, even when the application is run under a non english locale the drop down menu shouldn't contain any east asian characters
His korean windows with korean drivers has korean device names, so what? SPU2-X should function regardless, that it doesn't is a bug.