..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What exactly is the problem with what game?
(That's 2 questions, please try to answer both, okay? Tongue2 )
Well, there's like one or so emulation bug left in SPU2-X. Must be that one then Tongue2
I am having the exact problem as Xionanx, the crackling sound that comes after 50 or 60 mins in my case, then it gets worse until the sound becomes totally distorted. I tried all the SPU2-X configurations, Timestretched/Async/None, also Directsound, AudioX2, etc and nothing, increasing the sound buffer didnt help either. I ran out of ideas, and It happens in every game I played sadly. As a workaround for solving the problem Xionanx you can pause the emulation and then resume instead of closing PCSX2 and the problem is fixed, but it would be better if we could assign some hotkey to Pause/Resume emulation.

My system specs are:
Intel Quadcore 9550 2.83GHz
GeForce 9600GT
2 gigs of ram
Windows XP SP2

plugin tested: SPU2-X 2.0
with PCSX2 0.9.8

I run most games between 50-60 without any hacks at 1024x1024 custom res with GSDX

Any suggestions? any ideas?
upgrade your audio drivers.
Done that...but the problem persist, I will try to install Service Pack 3 and see if it improve.
if its windows xp, it might be the audio driver leaking into the paged pool.
My audio is integrated, I have a Intel DP45SG, so I guess my only option is to buy a soundcard. I thought the problem was related to the plugin configuration.
At SPU2-X config window, try different audio modules, try to increase latency a bit (both at the main panel, and/or at the audio module advanced config). You can also try a newer development build of SPU2-X from the svn nightly builds archive.
What did you guys change from 1.4r3878 to 1.4r4600 (and later)?
Whatever you did, it totally broke ar tonelico 2's (NTSC-U and NTSC-J) opening. As soon as the video starts playing, sounds starts skipping like mad.
Tried updating to 2.0 and it got worse. Reverted to 1.4r3878 and all problems are gone.

edit: Just found out that it's only the Dolby version (6ch ac3 audio) that is affected, if the stereo version is loaded, there are no problems.