..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Why does Async Mix break some games? (I'm not saying crash because it doesn't crash, it just makes it impossible to load save data.)
Async Mixing actually decouples the SPU from the rest of the PS2. It can run at any speed it likes and games will see events happening too early or too late.
Save states should work but if you mean memory card loads, that is one thing that could break.
So it shouldn't be used?
Use it on your own risk Smile
(That means I think it will work but it's not proper emulation so your game could hang. Though as far as I know that never really happens.)
If you really want to use it, I suggest turning it off before loading save data, then you're free to use it. Saving works properly.

Savestates are not affected by it, by the way.

EDIT: Using it in pre-rendered FMVs will make the sound look worse than a lagged sound, so turn it off during that too. It just affects the sound though (if you are running at full speed it shouldn't be a problem), because FMVs are like video files, a sound "piece" is tied with the respective frame "piece".
I actually like Async mix and if something is not breaking hard a game, I find myself always using it.
I love the fact that it can ALWAYS hide very very very effectively some small (or sometimes bigger) FPS spikes while playing a game.
I am really glad and greatful devs made that possible, I wish more emulators like PPSSPP would consider such option.
Feel free to correct me but it doesn't sound like a tough thing to code right?(Async mix option)
I actually like WASAPI Exclusive, it really improves audio quality with my Dolby Surround Sounds and lowers latency, I am trying to nudge Dolphin Developers to implement WASAPI Exclusive/Port Audio but Dolphin seems to have no Audiophile developers.
ok well i sorta have a bug for the spu 2 or whatever the current vuild is but i dont really know how to explain what it is im hearing exactly all i can say is you would have to play Ms Saga A New Dawn... i turned async on and it helped a tiny bit but not as much as i would have liked plus all my other plugins and their setting are all set to default. if anyone could hear it for themselves and get back to me with a solution that would be most helpful and i would be extremely grateful ^_^
Devilswarchild:
Your bug description is a bit lacking Tongue2
Have you checked if your game runs full speed? Is the bug present in all games? What does it sound like, etc?
(07-28-2014, 02:18 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Devilswarchild:
Your bug description is a bit lacking Tongue2
Have you checked if your game runs full speed? Is the bug present in all games? What does it sound like, etc?

well as i previously mentioned i DO NOT KNOW HOW TO EXPLAIN WHAT THE THING IM HEARING IS... that does not make my description lacking. it means you need to play the game to hear it for yourself. i repeat i do not know how to explain the sound