..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:how can i use PGO on plugins... I succed with pcsx2 itself but not the plugins...

I have to wonder if you know how to code in the first place.

My view is, SVN is only for devs that know exactly what they are doing. Giving access to the overall public for it is completely lame. Profile guided optimization is not something really that non programmers should do, if the code ain't profiled properly you run into performance issues.......Glare

Quote:Yeah the V_Core references contain the buffer details, and alpha factors. It's not exactly a cut and dry thing to take the code and tailor it for use outside the context of the SPU2. You'd need to allocate a buffer large enough to do the processing, and then remove references to the StartX (which tells SPU2-X where the buffer is located in SPU2 mem). Since you'd be referencing an array of your own manufacture, you don't need to position it within SPU2 memory.

Thanks for the info, and thats exactly what I am doing: Allocating a sample buffer to hold the processed data, to output to foobar2000. Would be interesting though to see the results from the model you are using. Not to mention, I'm intrigued as to the model coefficients the PS2 kernel uses, since the end user needs to have control over the parameters of the filter.
Well, I'm just glad that most of those random beeps are gone. Obviously, emulation will never be perfect, but this plugin has sure seen crazy improvements! Keep up the hard work!
Quote:My view is, SVN is only for devs that know exactly what they are doing. Giving access to the overall public for it is completely lame.

No, it's not. There are lots of Pcsx2 advanced users out there who doesn't make part of the team and can help pointing out errors inside games at each new SVN.............. The more people to test the output the faster it is to detect and correct errors.
Quote:No, it's not. There are lots of Pcsx2 advanced users who doesn't make part of the team and can help pointing out errors inside games at each new SVN.............. The more people to test the output the faster it is to detect and correct errors.

Yes it is.

There are:

* Added overheads of explaining to people how to compile. For example, now there will be plenty of people asking how to make PGO compiled builds. They should know at least know how to code rather than constantly pestering devs.
* People constantly asking for current compiles from 3rd parties
* No control over who has access to what
* People who think the "latest is greatest", even when there is such a thing as regressions. Glare

Ever head of "too many cooks spoil the broth". I think not.
(02-27-2009, 02:22 AM)mudlord Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:how can i use PGO on plugins... I succed with pcsx2 itself but not the plugins...

I have to wonder if you know how to code in the first place.

My view is, SVN is only for devs that know exactly what they are doing. Giving access to the overall public for it is completely lame. Profile guided optimization is not something really that non programmers should do, if the code ain't profiled properly you run into performance issues.......Glare
1. your comment about me is uncalled for
2. you have no basis for that asumption (not good with c/c++/c# and not good with VC++ 2008 are completely unrelated matters)
3. i recalled air saying something about PGO in relation to SPU2-X. so i thought it would be quickest to just ask (searching the net is tiresome for me as I'm not good at it)

I think you should keep your prejudice to your self
please and thank you ^^

(for te record you could have helped someone with the time you used to write your comment)
PS: this was the first and the last comment I'll waste for that off"topic"
How so, if you had initiative you would look or work out a way yourself.

And yes, I will keep my comments to myself. Nice knowing you.
Users help users around here. The coders don't even waste their time with those problems. And no one thinks the latest is the greatest.. If that was the case there wasn't no need for testing........ Anyway Pcsx2 is a open source project, so I think the owners don't even care who have access to what.

BTW, that's why Pcsx2 is the only emulator doing some real time progress this days. That's because people have access to it. Coders are popping out of nowhere to join the project because of this too. So... Your comment fail.
No, Gentlemen, I fail.

Please insult me correctly next time instead of half assed attempts, such as saying my comment fails.
No, you just made a unfortunated comment. I'm not gonna crucify or hate you because of that. You didn't failed. Just let the guys run their project the way they want to Wink
No, I again would appreciate it at least if you insulted me properly. I find it insulting that people don't even make a effort to insult me, its otherwise such a waste of words.

If the PCSX2 people want people to have complete and utter free rein, so be it. But they need to be aware of the consequences.

Thank you.