..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-15-2014, 04:10 AM)AnotherLife Wrote: [ -> ]Which is faster on win7? Xa2 or wasapi?

Performance wise on your machine, as Rama said above, however WASAPI has the lowest latencies of all of them, it is the closest we can get to having an ASIO driver without having one.
(05-15-2014, 12:58 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]it is the closest we can get to having an ASIO driver without having one.

Haha, lol. XD
(05-15-2014, 12:58 PM)refraction Wrote: [ -> ]Performance wise on your machine, as Rama said above, however WASAPI has the lowest latencies of all of them, it is the closest we can get to having an ASIO driver without having one.
I thought I had seen an asio-something last time I tried to compile spu2-x
There was the start to ASIO support, but it was never finished and required extra drivers. WASAPI is nearly as good and works with any newish version of windows on any hardware.
Probably wouldn't be the best time to ask about the progress on whole Square-Enix lack-of-proper-reverb issue huh? Might need to talk about that privately with the developers. It's the only thing bothering about Final Fantasy X or any other Square Enix game, the reverberation isn't as robust and "flat" whereas it sounds more prolonged on real hardware. Oddly enough, every other PS2 games sounds perfect (all non SE games). I know I asked about this a few months back, just wondering if it's been, well, looked into is all Wink To further elaborate, the cymbal sound effect in FFX sounds like it cuts off too early, would sound recordings (PCSX2 vs real PS2) need to be done again?
It just didn't go anywhere, nintendo85. This usually means it's a tough nut to crack and we've moved to other things.
(05-16-2014, 09:12 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]It just didn't go anywhere, nintendo85. This usually means it's a tough nut to crack and we've moved to other things.

Crap, that's what I was thinking. I'd be best to not ask about it ever again, and it sounds like one of those things that cannot be resolved. Sorry I asked about it. Blush Ohmy Damn my lack of programming skills lol.
You can't solve it by learning how to program (alone) Tongue2
This is the kind of problem that needs an emu coder with lots of knowledge on the SPU looking
over all the plugin code to find that tiny detail we missed. Or maybe it's huge, who knows Tongue2
We know the reverb isn't working like on real hardware for some reason, so that's a good starting
point.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SPU2-X-v2...#pid328510
recordings are here if somebody else is reading and wanted a proof

Anyway -even though probably useless- why you don't try to log the game with the devel version?
SPU2-X-dev could spot something more interesting than the "retail" version
(05-16-2014, 10:25 PM)mirh Wrote: [ -> ]http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-SPU2-X-v2...#pid328510
recordings are here if somebody else is reading and wanted a proof

Anyway -even though probably useless- why you don't try to log the game with the devel version?
SPU2-X-dev could spot something more interesting than the "retail" version

Yeah, I tried the debug version of the plugin to no avail, I couldn't interpret it or even notice anything anomalous with the output in the log files. I honestly can't for the life of me figure out what else I can do on my end to further pinpoint the issue. Huh Blink Empirical ABX testing wouldn't prove to be very useful either. Damn, I feel useless in "contributing" any tidbits of info regarding this issue. I can't think of anyone who would have such a profound understanding of the PS2 audio, as the console is an extremely complex system. The trouble is what I have to be on the lookout for, what to spot in the logs that are made, to find out what is missing/what's not missing, etc. I wouldn't even know where to begin.

(05-16-2014, 08:14 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]You can't solve it by learning how to program (alone) Tongue2
This is the kind of problem that needs an emu coder with lots of knowledge on the SPU looking
over all the plugin code to find that tiny detail we missed. Or maybe it's huge, who knows Tongue2
We know the reverb isn't working like on real hardware for some reason, so that's a good starting
point.

Er, what I meant by lack of programming skills, I meant to word it in such a way that it implies that I can't be much of any help, if at all, in getting any leads, as this is a major triviality, an issue of no importance comparatively speaking. I'm almost 100% positive you guys likely have bigger fish to fry, such as looking into other SPU plugin issues that actually need attention Biggrin Tongue But I digress, c'est la vie.