..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I updated DirectX, still it says Plugin Load Failure: plugins\SPUS-X.dll and I can't select it from the menu.
(03-16-2010, 11:29 AM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]You need to have portaudio_x86_noasio.dll and w32pthreads.v3.dll in your PCSX2 directory.
Also you need to update DirectX and download and install the "Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 SP1 Redistributable Package (x86)".

We know it's a lot to ask for, and we'll try to reduce this dependency mess.
(However it might not be possible :/ )

^ Any of this missing, maybe?
I'm having some sort of timing error when I use the latest svn version of spu2-x.
After a few seconds of hearing the sound normally it suddenly spikes and speeds up for an instant.

I have tried to change the settings of the plugin to fix it but that didn't help.

The revisions I have tried are the following.
r2693 works perfectly
r2968 has the error
r3035 also has the error

I'm not using any speed hack and I've tried it with a mixture of games.

My computers specs are:
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E8400
MEM: 4GB
GPU: Ati Radeon HD 4870

I'm wondering if other people have noticed this as well.
Is that with all games, or a specific one?
All games.

From kingdom hearts 2 to persona 3/4 to raw Danger/etc
Alright.
Please check the different output modules, check if it's related to time stretching or if you have async mixing enabled in the spu2-x.ini (should not be enabled, just making sure).
Async mixing has not been enabled.

The different output options do not change a thing.
Disabling time stretching worsens it and changing it's internal values has no hear able difference.

Upping or lowering the latency makes either the sound overlap or stutter very fastly.
Yeah well, then I'm out of ideas.
It must be something that's different on your setup than all the other people's computers, including mine and all the dev's :/
Oh well. Thank you for your help Tongue

Heh I'll be using an older version of the plugin for a while. Perhaps a future version fixes this issue for me Tongue
got small Q ?

shall i download all versions for XP or just the latest version at plugins file ?