..:: PCSX2 Forums ::..

Full Version: SPU2-X v2
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-11-2009, 06:56 AM)thakissick Wrote: [ -> ]I am getting a plugin load failure when I press Config-->Configure with the SPU2-X 1.2 version. Says plugin load failure: plugins\SPU2-X-1.2.dll SysLibError Message: <NULL>

searched a bit and couldnt find any other thread with this. Sry if it is a repost!

Install this and try again
Yes, installing the MVC++ redist seems to have been the solution. Thanks a bunch!

Another question:

Is there any way to improve the sound quality in FF12. Not really complaining because I understand it is just an emulation, but some of the sound effects seem to be a little slow, and some background/ambiance effects seem a little... don't really know how to describe it... not bad but they sound like they could be more clear or something.

My audio settings are as follows: Using SPU2-X 1.2 Version
Interpolation: Cubic
Disable Effects box is checked.
Module is XAudio2
Latency: 160ms

No other boxes are checked.[/u]

My system specs are:

Intel Core(2) Centrino Duo @ 2.00 Ghz
2.00 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GO 7900 GS

Is it just my processor that is holding me back?

Thanks for all the hard work and help guys!
(10-13-2009, 08:24 PM)thakissick Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any way to improve the sound quality in FF12. Not really complaining because I understand it is just an emulation, but some of the sound effects seem to be a little slow, and some background/ambiance effects seem a little... don't really know how to describe it... not bad but they sound like they could be more clear or something.

My system specs are:

Intel Core(2) Centrino Duo @ 2.00 Ghz
2.00 GB Ram
Nvidia Geforce GO 7900 GS

Is it just my processor that is holding me back?

Yes, It's possible that you CPU is not strong enough to emulate FF 12 at full speed and that may be why you're hearing slow/low quality sound.

How many speed hacks are you using BTW?
Try setting interpolation to none. It's the best sounding setting.
(10-15-2009, 02:43 PM)rama Wrote: [ -> ]Try setting interpolation to none. It's the best sounding setting.

Rama:
Do you really mean it?
Just want to make sure, coz so far i thought the cubic got the best sound quality?
Cubic isn't even working properly yet, so what rama suggested is true.
just reporting that Shaman King Power Of Spirits (ntsc) eng,is not working with this sound plugin,it hangs up at the main menu,it dont let me to play start beacuse the word didnt even appear.Works fine with zero-spu
Lots of games hang with this sound plugin, it's a known issue (alright not lots but some do Tongue)
@ Shadow Lady
Yeah i already know that im just reporting this issue ^^
So THAT'S why Crash Twinsanity is hanging for me. lols.

Edit: Hmm can't be - Tried all the sound plugins and still hangs after Dingodile.
Maybe the game is copy protected? I'm running it from an ISO.
PCSX2 comes up with a Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error
Yes I know, probably the wrong thread to say this particular issue - lol..